sarat

Still dreaming...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due September 30, 2022
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 25 maximum

I just went traveling through the Southwest and visited several National Parks. They are stunning.
This is a swap about making your own inspired logo

Medium: Hand drawn or hand painted.

Here are some examples from California national parks:
https://store.parksconservancy.org/collections/posters-and-prints

Use your artistic skills and feel free to use your imagination and unique style. All cards must be original ie no prints or copies. Make something that would be hard for you to give up.

Most of all---Have fun!!!

Requirements:
*All cards should be standard 3.5” X 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
*Cards should be flat.
*Send cards in plastic sleeves.
*Withdraw early if you can’t do the swap, late cards may be returned if they can’t be swapped out.

Mailing and postage:

*PM me for my address when you are ready to send cards.
* Make sure your user name, location and swap name appear on the back of your ATC’s.
*Include your username on your SASE.
* International participants: I will pay postage for first 10 players. Please include a SASE.
*US participants: Include a stamped self-addressed envelope.

Returns: When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for players.
An extra card for the host is always appreciated but not required.
Anyone want to play?
1.LeornardaDaArtsi: USA:Withdrew
2.TrinaLD: USA:Received
3. Jo.on.the.go : USA: Received
4. AmySi: USA: Received

Last edited:
Does the logo have to be for a National park, or could I make them in that style for anything, like for example my own mountain swamp farm I live in?

You're speaking my language when you say National Parks. I've been to a lot of them, especially if you include National Historic Sites or National Battlefields. But I'm going to lurk for a bit while I finish up another couple of swaps and see if I can come up with something for this. Do you include National Historic Sites or Battlefields? We still have to use our National Parks Pass to get into some of them. Or how about National Parks from other countries, or is it only within the U.S.?

I haven’t committed yet, but I have serious thoughts about Assateague Island National Seashore. It is part of the National Parks system. Would that qualify?

You're speaking my language when you say National Parks. I've been to a lot of them, especially if you include National Historic Sites or National Battlefields. But I'm going to lurk for a bit while I finish up another couple of swaps and see if I can come up with something for this. Do you include National Historic Sites or Battlefields? We still have to use our National Parks Pass to get into some of them. Or how about National Parks from other countries, or is it only within the U.S.?

Just National Parks for this one but YES! other countries national parks would be wonderful.

I'm still a little confused now, since Assateague is a National Seashore but is a part of the Park Service - if it's considered a part of the National Park Service, it's okay? Would that make places like Gettysburg or Shiloh acceptable? They're part of the National Park Service, but are called National Military Parks. Or is it only places we'd generally think of as a "park," such as Yosemite and Yellowstone? Places where you might go camping and spend time in nature? Sorry to be so dense about this, but the National Park System incorporates so many places that aren't an actual "park" that I want to be clear.

Hi,
I think I'll just keep it simple. This swap is only making a logo for an actual park. No National Military Parks . A park would be like Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc.
Hope this clarifies the confusion.:rolleyes:

QUOTE=Ancient Planter;2152435]I'm still a little confused now, since Assateague is a National Seashore but is a part of the Park Service - if it's considered a part of the National Park Service, it's okay? Would that make places like Gettysburg or Shiloh acceptable? They're part of the National Park Service, but are called National Military Parks. Or is it only places we'd generally think of as a "park," such as Yosemite and Yellowstone? Places where you might go camping and spend time in nature? Sorry to be so dense about this, but the National Park System incorporates so many places that aren't an actual "park" that I want to be clear.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom