ANIMAL PHRASES, handdrawn/handpainted ATC Swap, due Sept. 14

Received two wonderful sets today, from Terri F. And An. M. Sudyka. Thanks for the host cards too!

Aginghippychic, your cards have arrived safely. So cute, and thanks for the extra!

A side gig that I thought was starting in September is starting a month early! I was able to get one more card done, but I'm going to have to stick with the standard 3. Here is my last one, Can of Worms.

1_20220807_131627_copy_672x968.jpg

I'm rather pleased with how it came out all in all. I'd intended the bird to be a snowy owl. I thought it would be funny to have a company called Early Bird with an owl for the logo and Cici's profile mentions a fondness for owls. I also wanted the white contrast to the blue. However, I think it looks more just like a random bird and don't think I captured the owlness. Still, I rather love the bird's expression and while I didn't get at the specific bird I'd intended, I think it works quite well.

Wow, I love it! You kinda got two phrases in one - “early bird catches the worm” and “don’t open that can of worms”. And he definitely looks “owly” to me. And the Snowy Owl is the only one I know of that’s all white. Great card!

Creatively clever cards in from Pancake Machine, thanks for playing!

Waaay too many great swaps going on at the same time! I definitely understand the lurkers, can’t even seem to get cards done to play in my own swap! We’ll see....

My cards are ready. Tomorrow is a holiday, so I will mail them first thing Tuesday morning. This swap has been a lot of fun for me and a learning experience too!

2022 08 02 Stubborn as a Mule sat105, rS1, oH1, mS5 25%.jpg 2022 08 06 Pig-Headed 25%.jpg 2022 08 13 Mad as a Hornet rH5, oH15S1 25%.jpg 2022 08 14 Sly as a Fox oH7S0.5, mH1S2 25%.jpg

Stubborn as a mule
Pig-Headed
Mad as a hornet
Sly as a fox

Edit: I've just mailed my cards.

Last edited:
I know what you mean Cici. There are so many swaps I would like to join, but I'm already concerned about finishing the ones I'm already signed up for. So many swaps, so little time.

Great cards, huddlestonmollie and Periwinkle! Glad you both played, and thanks for posting the inspiring pictures!

CiCi,
please add me. I have my cards ready to mail.

IMG_4207.jpg

1.- Look what the cat dragged in
2.- Swim with sharks
3.- Like a moth to a flame
4.- Put the cart before the horse

Welcome Leyden! Great cards, and I love that you came up with some that I hadn’t even thought of!

Huddlestonmollie, your cards have arrived! Great examples, and I do appreciate the extra!

Cards just received from heatherMae77 and leydab, thank you both!

Back
Top Bottom