Ghosts Among Us, Due October 11, 2022

Thanks, thank you sooo much!
I love them, so.... catch any possibility to draw one!
Sooo glad you like!

Hi there,
Just checking if you received my GHOST cards. I mailed them the same day as Spooky Halloween cards which you received.

Thanks.

Hi there,
Just checking if you received my GHOST cards. I mailed them the same day as Spooky Halloween cards which you received.

Thanks.

I apologize for any confusion, but I have not received your GHOST cards, and I have also not received your SPOOKY HALLOWEEN cards, and I just came back from checking the mailbox.

You signed up for this swap on the 6th, and today is the 11th, and 5 days is a reasonable mail transit time in normal conditions. However, it has been taking longer for most mail to transit currently.
Please don't worry, I am sure they are on their way.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks.

Yesterday the "SPIRIT" was willing, and your GHOST cards arrived.
They are postmarked as mailing Aug 8, so they made very good transit time.
Unfortunately, Your Halloween cards have NOT yet arrived.

I notice you signed up for Robin's Halloween Swap, and I see that she had confirmed receipt of your Halloween cards for her swap, so perhaps those are the Halloween cards you said I received.

Just to confirm, I have NOT RECEIVED your Spooky Halloween cards, but there is plenty of time.

Oops...I think that is what happened. I will send out my cards on Monday. Thanks for clarifying

Your cards have not arrived as of this morning's mail, although I did check slightly earlier than I normally do, and 3-4 days is MINIMUM transit.
Just an update-----there is still plenty of time.

I wasn't going to share mine till they were all done, but this one impressed even me!

What I did was put down ~4 layers of graphite from a regular ol' pencil, then "drew" the ghost with the eraser. Then I used a toothpick to apply some ink from a silver paint pen, and was surprised at how ghostly it turned out to be! A still photo would never do it justice, so I made a gif to show off:

ghosts_among_us.gif

Last edited:
I wasn't going to share mine till they were all done, but this one impressed even me!

What I did was put down ~4 layers of graphite from a regular ol' pencil, then "drew" the ghost with the eraser. Then I used a toothpick to apply some ink from a silver paint pen, and was surprised at how ghostly it turned out to be! A still photo would never do it justice, so I made a gif to show off:

ghosts_among_us.gif

This is gorgeous!!!!!! And incredibly impressive!!!!
Truly can imagine how much work it required! Is sincerely fantastic and really ghostly!

Finally finished art for swaps due before all of Vicki's great Halloween/Autumn ones so I'm getting started on these now. Jus wanted to share my two most recent ghostly experiences. A couple of days ago we were in Victoria, BC, touring Craigderroch Castle. I was doing a Haunted Victoria Adventure Lab (if you geocache, you know what I'm talking about) and it mentioned that Craigderroch Castle is one of the most haunted buildings in Canada, and that a woman was seen walking around inside (Mrs. Dunsmuir, I think) and the piano played by itself. So I asked the docent who let us into the building about it. She laughed and said no, not haunted at all, that she'd been inside late at night all by herself many times and there was nothing. She left the building and we started walking around inside. Just as I left the music room I heard very loudly some classical piano music playing. I immediately turned back to the piano and the keys weren't moving. My husband & friends had moved on to the next room. I figured maybe there was a motion sensor to make the piano play when you moved past, but I saw others move past it and nothing happened. I never heard it play again the whole time we were in the building. As we were leaving I asked my husband if he'd heard the piano and he said no. I asked several times, figuring since it was so loud he had to have heard it and was just kidding with me. He swears he heard nothing, our friends heard nothing, but I definitely heard the piano play for about 3 seconds, no wrong keys hit, sounded lovely and very strongly played. When we left, the docent had gone to a different job so I couldn't tell her about what had happened.

Experience #2 - yesterday we were having lunch in Port Gamble, WA, a beautiful old company town where every house is known to be haunted (people still rent the houses from the company and live in them). We were sitting at our table and I was eating my sandwich when a knife next to my plate went flying off the table and onto the floor. Freaked me out! Then my friend went to the bathroom. Both stall doors were shut, but a woman at the sink told her that she'd just come out of one so my friend tried opening the door. It was locked tight. The woman who'd just come out of it tried it, too. Wouldn't open. They had to go out to tell the workers that the stall was locked but no one was in it. My friend got to use the other stall by then. That one had a lock that could easily lock as it was on a slant. She was telling me about all this and that she thought it had been a ghost. I have no doubt it was because about 20 minutes earlier I'd used the stall that was locked and no one in it and I'd specifically noticed that it was hard to lock. It couldn't have locked on its own.
Off to make some ghostly art!

Ancient Planter,
Sounds like you already have some GREAT ideas for GHOSTS.
Thanks so much for the stories.

Last edited:
Welcome, Monroy28.
I signed you up.
I will watch for your Disney ghosts and let you know as soon as they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom