Spooky Halloween, Due October 13, 2022

I plan to make some SPOOKY cards today so that I can mail them TOMORROW. Usually I am ready for Halloween ATC-making in about... JULY... but this year it's a slow start.

I got hung up on trying to do an interactive card using my Cricut Joy and wasted an entire day. TWELVE attempts at a fairly simple card design that requires a certain degree of PRECISION. I'm ... not good at precision.

So now I'm moving on. The spooky cards may, or may not be interactive.:skeptical:

Looking forward to what you create, interactive or not!

You are not the only one getting a LATE START to Halloween.
I have no idea where the entire summer went.
First it was March, and I was ordering seed, then it was mid-September, and I am harvesting half my garden.
WOW, how can one loose 6 or 7 months!
And just 43 moon-rises until Halloween.
CREEPY, SPOOKY, NOT REAL:eek::unsure::twitcy:

Mailing today!

1_1542_spooky.JPG
1_1542_glowing_glenda_s.JPG
1_1544_splinter_s.JPG
1_1545_nightmare_s.JPG

#1: After a dozen attempts, I finally got a simple interactive pattern to work for me!
Impossible to photograph well, since I used fancy metallic scrapbook paper. There is an X-shaped cut in the middle, so four portions can be flipped to show the other side. Many different patterns... and fun to play with!

#2 "Glowing Glenda" (All of my ghosts get names)
She has glow-in-the-dark embossing powder. (And I forgot to take a photo of her in her glowing state, so I MUST make another soon)

#3 "Splinter"
Acrylic gouache on paper dries really fast. I noticed the ghost had a wood-like texture, and so I went with the "Splinter" theme.
My Dad was building the house as we lived in it. 1960s hardwood floors that needed sanding and finishing. I had a BIG fear of splinters...

#4 "Nightmare"
A little more abstract... but spooky just the same....

LuAnnP, these are wonderful spooky cards! “Nightmare” is my absolute fave!

SPOOK-TACULAR cards, LuAnnP.
I cannot wait to see them in real life.

Thank you for posting such great inspiration.

My cards are going out today. I'd share but the phone doesn't want to. ��

I would like to join please.
But are my cards spooky enough?
They creeped me out when I was making them but then I showed them to a family member who said she didn't think they were spooky :(

mrubyjean, I think they’re great, the first one and the last one especially.

Last edited:
They creeped me out when I was making them but then I showed them to a family member who said she didn't think they were spooky :(

You have some interesting family members, mrubyjean!
Many people fear/hate snakes, with skulls being a close second in the creepy department, so your family member is unique.

I think your cards are very creepy, and perfect for this swap
Please send them in. I believe you already have my address.

P.S.
I also signed you up.
Thanks for joining.

Compared to the ones I sent in... Those are creepy! So Noooo worries. Mine are are basically witches potions so, anything here is probably pretty creepy compared to mine!:biglaugh:

VickiZ, so sorry but the COL project has taken more time, energy, and more than I had anticipated. I have to withdraw from this swap this year. Look forward to fully participating next time. I've enjoyed it in the past.

There will always be other swaps.
I have withdrawn you.
Take care of yourself and I will see you another time.
Thanks for letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom