WEIRD Vampire Holidays, Due October 13, 2022

Vicki Z

Addicted to ATCs
Media
Swap Due Date: October 13, 2022
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 13, 2022
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6, or more, if you have the time, energy, and creativity.
Depending on the number of participants, please note that if you send in additional ATCs, you may get more than one card from the same artist in your returns, although I will still try to give everyone a mix.
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome

RETURNS MAILED 10/15

WEIRD Vampire Holidays -- Choose Any Year, Any Month, Any Holiday
Due Date, October 13, 2022

I am asking you to think outside the box for this Weird Vampire Holiday Swap, and because of this, your ATCs do not have to include an image of a Vampire (or the Count himself), but each and every card should absolutely make one immediately THINK OF VAMPIRES.

Start with the
"EASY" Vampire Holidays
National Garlic Day -- April 19
National Bat Day -- August 27
International Bat Appreciation Day -- April 17
World Dracula Day -- May 26

"Clothing" Vampire Holidays
National Bow Tie Day -- August 28
National Hat Day -- Jan 15, March 27, Aug 21, Oct 10
National Underwear Day -- August 05
Hawaiian Shirt Day (August 19), Wear Red Day (First Friday in February), Blue Shirt Day (First Monday of October), Cape Day

"Food" Vampire Holidays
National Donut Day -- June 04
National Bagel Day -- January 15
Pizza Pie Day -- February 09
National Cereal Day -- March 7 (Count Chocula Cereal)
Then, as you get on your "Weird Vampire Holiday" roll, move on to a "different point of view" for Weird Vampire Holidays,
such as

Dress Up Your Pet Day -- January 14
Stay Out of the Sun Day -- July 03
Bring Your (Vampire) Teddy Bear To Work Day -- Second Wednesday in October

Or your ATCs can acknowledge the long term benefits of Vampires
Always Young
Never Age
Always Beautiful
Immortality
Never Acne
LOVE is Forever

Having Fun Yet?
Think about the vampire legends. Then support what Vampires supposedly can do, or are believed to not be able to do.
Try linking "historical" Vampire lore with "general" Weird Holidays.

World Oceans Day -- June 8 (Vampires supposedly cannot cross water, but Nosferatu successfully did)
International Surfing Day -- June 21 (Vampires apparently can cross water on certain tides, perhaps while surfing)
Red Rose Day -- June 12 (Red Roses were planted on the graves of the dead to repel/attract Vampires)

Now, be creative and turn any "Weird Holiday" into a "Weird Vampire Holiday"
such as:
Happy Hour Day (Nosferatu, Other Vampires, and the Count, all gathering for Blood Mary Happy Hour) -- November 12
Stupid Toys Day (Have you seen the Vampire Doll and Sucks and Burps?) -- December 16
National Board Game Day (Did you know there are numerous "Vampire Board Games") -- April 01
Try humorous Vampire Holidays,
"Adoption Day" -- Adopt a Vampire, "Stuffed Animals Day"
Or delve into the Sexy/Erotic side of Vampires.
"Go Topless Day" -- August 22

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! Please send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link. http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped (Business Size) Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with one "Forever" stamp or current First Class Postage if trading 3 cards; or one "Forever" and one additional ounce postage stamp if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps/money, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 13, 2022. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Please leave iTrader for your host ONLY (me) when you receive your returns, and please take the time to leave Reputation/You Rock points for your fellow players from whom you receive cards.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, please PM me for my address when you sign up or when you are ready to mail.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

*1. Boots -- Cards Received 08/13
*2. AndromedasWitchery -- Cards Received 08/30 * ITALY
*3. jo.on.the.go -- Cards Received 08/05
*/. Ancient Planter -- WITHDREW
*4. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 08/13
5. CheyenneS -- Cards Received 9/19 * Naples, ITALY
rn6. loveless -- Cards Received 09/13
*/. gaybirbart -- WITHDREW

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
I love vampires and I love this theme! I'm just going to lurk till I clear up my swap to-do list, though!

I'm more a Werewolf person, but... this topic is simply gorgeous!:jiggy:
Can you sing me up, please?
I think I should be able to manage all the swaps!:idea:

Welcome AndromedasWitchery.
I signed you up.

I have faith in you to handle EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
I went all out for this swap last year, and it was a lot of fun. This year I am just sticking to realistic vampire bats, celebrating National Bat Day, August 27. I'm just doing the 3:3, and if I decide to do more, I will mail another envelope.

View attachment 233810 View attachment 233811 View attachment 233812 View attachment 233813

Vampire bats 1 - 4.

Worldwide there are three species of vampire bats. The scientific name for the Common Vampire Bat is Desmodus rotundus, though my source for Bat 2 was called Desmodus draculae. The other two species are Diphylla ecaudata, the Hairy Legged Bat, and Diamus youngi, the White Winged Bat. I only painted the Common Vampire Bat.

By the way, I am the person with all of the stuffed bat toys.

I made some other bat cards, but because they weren't vampires, I thought that they wouldn't qualify for the swap, so I will post them in my Available For Trade Gallery.

Last edited:
I truly enjoyed the Vampire Holidays last year, so I'll come up with a few more this year. Add my name, Vicki!

Also, slightly off topic, but someone posted this to my Pacific Northwest Birding group and I had to save it for jo.on.the.go. This made me think of you, Jo! Now for me to figure out what holiday they might be celebrating here. Oh, and as I recall, this was taken in Arizona or something, not the Pacific Northwest.

View attachment 233841

I went all out for this swap last year, and it was a lot of fun. This year I am just sticking to realistic vampire bats, celebrating National Bat Day, August 27. I'm just doing the 3:3, and if I decide to do more, I will mail another envelope.

View attachment 233810 View attachment 233811 View attachment 233812 View attachment 233813

Vampire bats 1 - 4.

Worldwide there are three species of vampire bats. The scientific name for the Common Vampire Bat is Desmodus rotundus, though my source for Bat 2 was called Desmodus draculae. The other two species are Diphylla ecaudata, the Hairy Legged Bat, and Diamus youngi, the White Winged Bat. I only painted the Common Vampire Bat.

By the way, I am the person with all of the stuffed bat toys.

I made some other bat cards, but because they weren't vampires, I thought that they wouldn't qualify for the swap, so I will post them in my Available For Trade Gallery.

Gorgeous bats!!!!

In summer, prior to refrigeration, and "ice boxes", food was difficult to keep cold enough to prevent spoilage.
Numerous salty liquids, or fermented brown sauces, were invented to slow down spoilage, or at least cover up the bad taste.

In 1812, the first recipe for tomato-based ketchup debuted.

James Mease, a Philadelphia scientist, is credited with
developing the (Ketchup) recipe.

He felt that the choicest ketchup came from “love apples,”
as tomatoes were then called,
(just recently having been
upgraded from a POISONOUS BERRY to an "aphrodisiac fruit."

Last edited:
Awww! No, didn't know that tv show!
But admit that here there were - when I was a child, a cartoon series with a young vampire who always drink only tomato juice... Remember was really funny!

Ahah! Can imagine what you mean!!!

And... gorgeous card! Also mine is coffee... or tea!;)

And her is my first... Hoping is ok...
20220805_181940.jpg

Stuffed animal day... The Count was able to transmute himself into a wolf, and I collect wolfy plushes, so I got the idea... ;)
And added a vampire plush I have in my collection of stuffed animals...

First cards have been received.
Thank you, jo.on.the.go, for being so FAST!

Wonderful Vampire Bats!
Love the teeth.
Thanks for the Bat postage stamp on the envy.
Thanks also for the drawn bat on the envy back, as well as the blood droplets.
How FAN-TASTIC for a Vampire Swap.

Back
Top Bottom