"A Little Bird Told Me" Swap - Due Date October 14 2022

dithespy

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap due date : October 14th 2022
No sign up/withdrawal deadline, but please communicate!
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: Unlimited
Open Media

I recently typed the word "Birds" into google images and was blown away by the variety and color. I immediately thought of this swap!

Using the idea of a bird as the focus image, let inspiration run free! Realistic, whimsical, collage, hand drawn anything goes! I will do my best to swap like for like.

The swap is for open media so it's an opportunity to use your drawing and painting, collage, stamping skills.

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Cards must be original. Send work into which you put time, imagination and care.
* Please use only small, light embellishments on your cards, please.
* Please protect your cards with plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* I am in France so most people will be International Participants - Please send a medium sized mailing label (I will provide envelopes) and either an International Forever stamp (not attached to the envelope) or a dollar.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, that way I can keep track of the cards when they were mailed. Any late cards will be returned.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive.

Have fun!

Players

1. RaineyDay RECEIVED
2. Cynthia Sillitoe RECEIVED
3. Robin
4. CastleQueen5 WITHDRAWN
5. Elliejaybird RECEIVED
6. smallgirl RECEIVED
7. LindyLu RECEIVED
8. fundygirl WITHDRAWN
9. jo.on.the.go RECEIVED
10. dnewton972 RECEIVED
11. NancyL RECEIVED
12. aginghippychic RECEIVED
13. heymaggie RECEIVED
14. Asher
15. gaybirbart RECEIVED
16. leydab RECEIVED
17. donnacr RECEIVED
18. suzi RECEIVED
19. CiCiCreates RECEIVED
20. Mrubyjean RECEIVED
21. Cheryl S RECEIVED
22. BetsyG RECEIVED

Last edited:
As a birder, this is right up my ... tree. But I will lurk until I've got most of the cards done and until I've finished some other swaps due in Sept.

Welcome everyone. RaineyDay, Cynthia Sillitoe and Robin, I'll sign you up!

I am lurking for the moment. An idea just popped into my fevered brain, but have so much to finish first.

JustJayne, I see this is Open Media, so you don’t have to paint or draw.

Oh! I adore birds. Lurking with intent until I can get some cards started. :)

Growing up my favorite bird was the Robin.

Now down in Southeastern AZ< I love the Mexican Jay bird. It is bigger and fluffier than the American Jay bird.

Mexican Jays are relatively common in the cool pine-oak-juniper woodlands of western Texas, southeastern Arizona, and a bit of far southwestern New Mexico, where they patrol their territories and forage throughout the day. The Mexican jay formerly known as the gray-breasted jay,

https://birds.fandom.com/wiki/Mexican_Jay

SIGN ME UP!

Had a beautiful Black-Headed Grosbeak at my feeder yesterday evening. I'm still hoping to do this swap, but I need to finish some others, first. Always like to get my cards at least sketched out before officially signing up.

I've been off site for a year and I need to get my art mojo back so sign me up for this swap. Let's see if I remember to do this stuff.:twitcy:

It will all come flooding back, LindyLu! In the meantime, welcome to lurkers corner!

Back
Top Bottom