Vegan4animals

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date – October 15, 2022
Signup/withdraw Date – None; please just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 : 3 or 6 : 6
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Medium – Open - hand-drawn/painted or collage

I love this holiday! Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead is a traditional Mexican holiday which has gained a lot of popularity and is now celebrated in many other parts of the world. It is a multi-day celebration during which family and friends get together to honor and remember past loved ones. A lot of the celebrating takes place in cemeteries where the dead are buried, and includes feasts, music, colorfully decorated skulls, processions, alters, and marigolds, the symbolic flower of death.

There are many images available on line for inspiration. I do like some bling, but try to keep it from ripping apart your envelopes! I hate when stuff gets mangled in the mail. Anything else is up to your own creative expression!

Guidelines:

1. Each card must fit within a standard ATC size of 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches. If you wish to make them skull-shaped that's okay as long as they fit in the ATC envelope.
2. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve.
3. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, and your location.

Mailing Guidelines:

1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading them over the space of the envelope.
2. Tape your cards together or onto a sturdy background when mailing, using an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape to avoid damaging them.
3. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your returns.
4. If you are mailing from the U.S., include the proper amount of postage based on the number of cards you will be receiving.
5. If you are mailing internationally, please provide an address label and the appropriate amount of cash or postage for your returns.

When you are ready to mail your cards, please private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.

iTraders are given by me to all players on the same day that I swap the cards out. Please make sure to leave an iTrader in turn for your host (me!) when you receive your cards, and leave "you rocks" for your fellow players from whom you have received cards.

I LOVE to get host cards, but of course it is not a requirement to play in the swap!

Okay, who wants to play?

Vegan4animals
RaineyDay - rec'd
mrubyjean - rec'd
Asher - rec'd
3moffday2 - rec'd
Trazy1 - rec'd
bendoodle - rec'd
sarat - rec'd
JenUrebel - rec'd
Makitso

Here are some examples from my swap in 2019 - can't believe it was three years ago already!

shorter version (5).jpgshorter version (6).jpgshorter version (7).jpgshorter version (10).jpgshorter version (11).jpg

Artists (l to r): mrubyjean, Mushu, Lemonpie25, Asharnanae, 3moffday2

Last edited:
Welcome Arc2dreams and Asher, and all lurkers with intent! I'm trying to attach some samples from my previous swap in 2019 but I'm having a problem. Hoping to get it fixed - maybe my file is too big or something.

Check out the five ATCs at the top of this swap - maybe it's yours! Here are a few more that wouldn't fit at the top:

shorter version (4).jpgshorter version (8).jpgshorter version (9).jpg

Artists (L to R): vegan4animals, Spottedcrow, Deb2015

I just got an excellent question about the shape of the cards - someone asked if they could be skull shaped! I think that's a great idea - just keep them within the standard ATC dimensions!

Back
Top Bottom