plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due date: Friday Sept 30th
Number of cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of players: unlimited
Media: Open
Theme: At least one elephant with a word on it

And now a word on Elephants. I love elephants. I have several elephant rubber stamps. I can draw a whimsical elephant. I have 5 elephant figures from India. For NL's Favorite Colors swap, Heathermae77 sent me a host gift of a blue elephants standing in green grass. I already have a collection of elephant ATCs.

For this swap, you need to produce at least one elephant with a word on it. The word can be on the actual elephant or above the elephant. The word should be something about elephants--their elephanticity. Like massive...maternal....loving... whatever qualities you associate with elephants. One word per elephant. All cards need to be different.

Mailing info:
US players-send a forever stamp and a paper or label with your mailing address.

International players-send a paper or label with your mailing address. I will provide postage.

I will provide envelopes for everyone.

Do not send your cards loose in your envelope. They dance and may escape. You can tape them with washi or painters tape. DO NOT USE scotch tape.

Or you can put them in a cut-off part of a 9-pocket plastic page. Or you can put them in a paper holder.

All cards need sleeves. You can get them at games stores or comic book stores. Of you can pay more and get them online. They are called penny sleeves.

One more thing: if you sign up and don't communicate or send cards you may be penalized by receiving a negative iTrader from me.

Who is ready to play? *after your name means your cards are here

1. Me *
2. Elliejaybird*
3. catladybj *
4. Wendycat44 *
5. dithespy*
6. CynthiaSillitoe*
7. miss*
8 Suzi*

Last edited:
RANDOM ELEPHANT FACTS- elephants have 26 teeth, including their tusks.

Elephants have eyelashes. They can swim and can use thier trunk as a snorkel.

Cynthia, I know you want to sign up. You could make variations of your avatar. You could suggest some of the books about elephants that you have read.
You could dress your avatar up, you could make her different colors....

Between making your elephant ATCs, you could be reading some fun fiction about elephants.

The thieves of Summer by Linda Sillitoe (yes, they are related.)

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Modoc by Ralph Helfer

The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak

The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan

Last edited:
I love elephants and elephant stories! Thanks for the recommendations.

I read Modoc. And I did some research. It’s not really a true story. To call it ‘based on a true story’ is even a stretch. There are some facts, here and there, from several different elephant stories. And the author was involved with elephants. But that’s about it. It is a heart rending story though.

There are a lot of great elephant documentaries as well, on various platforms.

And this is a cool website https://www.elephant.se/
And this is awesome https://www.elephants.com/elecam

Oh, PS I’m lurking, lol.

I began my elephant cards. Not as easy as I thought but I like what finally happened. I sure made more background cards than needed except I didn't like how the next layer went.

I see that a lot of players do swaps this way. I guess if I limited the number of players, then more would sign up.

In response to Cynthia's post:
"I have lots of ideas, but I've just decided not to sign up for things until I get the cards made."

I sometimes don't want to sign up until I've got cards made too, when I've got a lot going on.

Cynthia- !!! I was about to send you a PM to tell you about the elephant swap cuz I was confused that you weren't signed up !!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom