Media
Due Date - October 28, 2022
Signup/withdraw Date – None; please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 or 6:6
Number of Players – Unlimited
Media – Mixed Media, collage, HD/HP
Theme – Found Poetry/Prose
Found Poetry/Prose Swap - Due October 28, 2022

For this swap we will all become poetry FINDERS, composing our poetry/prose out of text that already exists.

There are two types of found poetry and either is perfect for this swap:

1.Collage poetry - poetry made from words or short phrases cut from various sources and recombined into something new.

View attachment 234202 by Terri F ~ View attachment 234203 by Marie

2. Blackout poetry - poetry found within one piece of text— framed by highlighting certain words or short phrases, or blacking out / covering the surrounding text.

View attachment 234204 by CiCiCreates ~ View attachment 234205 by kaitlynsansi

Poems or prose may be on any theme: uplifting, regretful, amusing, scary or snarky.... to name a few.
As always I will do my best to exchange type and effort for the same from what is submitted.

Requirements:

1. Cards must be a standard ATC size (2.5 x 3.5 inches). Rounded edges are fine but no other shapes.
2. All cards must be original and different. No duplicates.
3. Card must be flat: No bulky embellishments please.
4. Please send in only work that you would be happy to receive.
5. Cards must have a sturdy background... heavy card-stock or better.
6. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve.
7. Label cards with the swap name and your username, real name and location.
8. A host card will be admired and treasured but is in no way required.
9. Please leave iTrader for swap host and you Rocks for the players whose cards you receive.

Mailing:
NOTE: I’m currently living in Cambridge UK and have a UK and also a US APO address. Message me for which address you’d prefer to use.

1.US players please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. (Normally I am happy to provide envelopes but I have not figured out where to purchase them here yet.) EDIT: I now have have envelopes! No need to enclose one.

2. International players please send $2 or a US Global stamp and a self addressed envelope.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards and post in this thread when you have mailed so I can keep a watch for them. I will also post in the thread when I receive your envelope and when I mail your returns to you. :)

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. I will provide a link to each player in the list to make this part easier.

I'm so excited to go on the hunt again!

I think that covers everything! Who wants to play?

0. Marie
1. RaineyDay - link arrived
2. Terri F - link arrived
3. CynthiaSillitoe - link withdrawn
4. dnewton972 - link arrived
5. Locatray - link arrived
6. Allegrae- link withdrawn
7. CiCiCreates - link arrived
8. flashviv - link arrived
9. leydab - link arrived
10. bendoodle - link arrived
11. StregaAnna - link arrived
12. Bunnymthr - link arrived
13. ThisIsMyCleverUserName - link arrived
14. Miss - link arrived

Last edited:
She’s baaack!! So happy to see you again, I was afraid we lost you! I really need to lurk for a bit, but I’m sure I’ll be back!

Welcome to spot number 1 RaineyDay! And welcome Terri F and CynthiaSillitoe! So happy to see everyone again! I love found poetry as well. Enjoy your lurk CiCiCreates, I hope you get to join in. You’ve developed quite a talent for found poetry. :) I’ve started gathering some books together. Now the search begins!

Last edited:
Awesome Terri F, thanks for letting me know. I’ll be watching for your envelope and will post here when it arrives.

What I’m up to is finishing up cards for the August PAT., beginning the Halloween articulated paperdoll swap, getting my Halloween magnets ready to mail, hoping to join in on three swaps I’m lurking (this is one). I’m really glad the due date is a ways away, I do plan to participate! I thought I might try the collage type, at least for one or two cards. Looking forward to the necessary free time! After a little “dry spell” on this site when I wondered where everyone was, all of a sudden things started popping, new swaps everywhere!

That’s great news! I’ll have to head to the forum and check them out. I forgot to bring sleeves with me so I guess I’ll have to figure out Amazon UK.

Back
Top Bottom