Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: December 18th, 2022
Signup/Withdraw Date: Anytime, but please communicate
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: mixed media

I was taking a mixed media class where we did image transfers from books and magazines using packing tape as one technique and a Gelli Plate for another. These were so easy and fun to do.

For this swap, you need to make your cards using any technique that allows you to transfer an image from its original source into another material. Any theme is welcome.

Card guidelines:

- This is a 3 for 3 card trade.
- Cards need to measure 2.5" x 3.5" and must have a sturdy base to make it a “card”.
- Protect your card in individual vinyl sleeves.
- Include your username, real name, where you live and name of the swap on the back of the card.
- Please share your finished cards in this thread. We all love to see your creations and get inspiration.
- A hostess card is not required, but will be appreciated and treasured if you choose to include one.

Mailing:
- PM me for my address when your cards are ready to send.
- Mail at least a week or two for those in the US. At least two weeks or more if outside the US. Cards which do not arrive by the deadline will have to be returned.
- US Players: Send a large label with your name and address clearly printed on it and one Forever Stamp
- International Players: Send a large label with your name and address clearly printed on it. I will provide postage and envelopes.

Once you receive your returns, please don’t forget to give You-Rocks to the artists whose ATCs you received and an i-Trader for me if you are pleased with how I handled the swap.

Who wants to play?

Players:

0.- Leydab
1.- TrinaLD - Received
2.- DocJ29 - Received
3.- Dithespy - Received
4.- LeonardaDaArtsi - Received
Withdrawn[/I]
5.- JaneyGirl - No Communication
6.- Elliejaybird - Received
7.- katiea707 - Received
8.- CAMeo Cheryl - Received
9.- CiCiCreates - Received
10.- AmySi - Received
11.- Tafkabecky - Received

Last edited:
I'm intrigued. I've never used a Gelli Plate for transfer. I'd definitely like to know more about that. I've used (wayyyyy back when) acetate or paint thinner stuff and more recently, packing tape and gel medium (messy but a lot of fun). That said, and given the deadline. I'm in!!!

Does anyone have good image transfer tutorials? I only know the packing tape technique. The link in art discussions, how to is empty.

Lots on google. Basically pick a high contrast photo, lay down a thin layer of paint, press photo and remove, then place paper and pull image up! Super easy - the trick is picking a high contrast photo on glossy paper and remembering not to use too much paint.

I have never done transfers before, but I see some great tutorials and would like to try. I also have some rub-ons that might work. Still need to lurk until I get some time to try it.

Lurkers are welcome!
With the Gelli Plate, I realized that less is more. You need bright colors and not as much paint as you might think. If you have any other techniques, they are also welcome!

I'll play, please. I have used these techniques before - with varying results. But it's fun!

CynthiaSillitoe,
welcome to the lurker's couch. I hope you decide to join us!

Question from someone who has never done a tape transfer: there are great tutorials on Pinterest, and I am eager to try. Since the packing tape is already glossy, is it customary to brush on a gloss finish to the rest of the card as well?

Question from someone who has never done a tape transfer: there are great tutorials on Pinterest, and I am eager to try. Since the packing tape is already glossy, is it customary to brush on a gloss finish to the rest of the card as well?

Cici,
it looks more cohesive if you brush the whole surface but in the end it is up to you.

Lurking. A have a bunch of techniques pinned to my "how to" board on Pinterest but I never get around to trying them.

yes yes yes!! please sign me up. I've been watching this fella YeatesCreates on You tube, he's very talented, especially with gel plate and image transfer.

Back
Top Bottom