How did you transfer me? - An image transfer swap - Due December 18, 2022

Today I stayed home sick with a nasty cold but couldn't sleep so I started making my cards.
I would say that Gelli Print Photo Transfers are not as easy as I thought they were. I realized that you need a special type of glossy magazine such as Vogue or Style which I don't have. I was successful with an old Scrapbooking magazine though but that was after messing like 15 pieces of deli paper.
I also did a tape transfer and one matte medium transfer which worked. I am waiting for Amazon to deliver my chartpak marker and the cyanotype kit to try those techniques. I will try the gesso transfer tomorrow. So many choices and so little time. :-)
I might have a chance to practice more on Thursday since Hurricane Nicole is coming to visit.

I think I’m ready to sign up, since all my cards are made. I have 3 which are packing tape transfers (my first time) and two which I’m not sure which should be my fourth. One is an iron-on transfer which was actually made for fabric, but I applied it to cardstock. The other was entitled “paper napkin transfer” on the Pinterest instruction. I followed the directions and made the card. I like it but I’m not sure I would call it a transfer. The napkin is taken down to one ply and fused to the card with an iron and fusible web. I will post pictures soon and maybe you can decide which of the two should be my fourth card.

I think I’m ready to sign up, since all my cards are made. I have 3 which are packing tape transfers (my first time) and two which I’m not sure which should be my fourth. One is an iron-on transfer which was actually made for fabric, but I applied it to cardstock. The other was entitled “paper napkin transfer” on the Pinterest instruction. I followed the directions and made the card. I like it but I’m not sure I would call it a transfer. The napkin is taken down to one ply and fused to the card with an iron and fusible web. I will post pictures soon and maybe you can decide which of the two should be my fourth card.

Hi Cici,
they both sound like transfers to me. Either one will be fine.

Here are my cards; The first three are all packing tape transfers, the teacup one is the paper napkin transfer.

Thanks! Here are my coolest gelli transfers:
1_8889332C-4D19-4FF2-9C51-65C85B9F309E.jpeg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=584236
I really like how the text is readable :)

Many prints failed! Usually I had too much paint.
Very fun process!

CiCi,
your cards are here! They look even better in real life.
Thank you for playing!

Back
Top Bottom