Chinese New Year - Year of the RABBIT, Due January 20, 2023

Lurkers welcome, somnia.
I remember that stamp!
Yes, it was gorgeous!

Hope you have a stamp, or perhaps several, and can come back and join the party.

Last edited:
Newbies always welcome JenTeachesAdaptiveArt.
I have signed you up.

Interesting sign-on....
What is "Adaptive Art"???

Thanks for the add! "Adaptive Art" is art for students who need adaptations - Basically I am an art teacher for students with the most intense disabilities. I am dually certified in special education and art - I specialize in being able to find ways for students to access art through different projects and different materials, or modifications of projects or materials - I think it's the best job in the whole world!!! It is, however, super stressful. I am loving working on my own art, just in smaller forms, here. It has helped me have a creative practice again but without feeling like I am failing at it because I can't get bigger projects done!

(Sorry that was so long!)

Jen

sign me up, please. Rotten Australia Post doesn't release their Chinese New Year stamps until WAY too late for your swap - I think I have some from their release 12 years ago. Must go hunting!

Thanks for the add! "Adaptive Art" is art for students who need adaptations - Basically I am an art teacher for students with the most intense disabilities. I am dually certified in special education and art - I specialize in being able to find ways for students to access art through different projects and different materials, or modifications of projects or materials - I think it's the best job in the whole world!!! It is, however, super stressful. I am loving working on my own art, just in smaller forms, here. It has helped me have a creative practice again but without feeling like I am failing at it because I can't get bigger projects done!

(Sorry that was so long!)
Jen

Thanks for your informative response.
It was NOT too long!!!!

First cards have been received.
Thank you, An. M. Sudyka, for being so fast.
Thank you also for including a hostie card.

In Chinese culture, Rabbits have long been revered as divine symbols of luck, mercy, and longevity. They are often compared to the moon, an essential element of how the Chinese mark time and source their rich divine culture. In fact, early Chinese beliefs held that rabbits were only female and were impregnated by the moon.

The Chinese see rabbits as quick, quiet, observant, and more likely to flee than fight. They are agile and witty as well as able to offer solutions to complex issues quickly. If you have found yourself to be marked by the Rabbit, rejoice! Your sign is the luckiest sign in the zodiac. Learning more about the sign might help you learn much more about yourself!

Back
Top Bottom