ATC and Paper Lover
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
DUE DATE: FEB. 5, 2023
Swap: FASHION
3:3 Artist Trading Cards
Open Media

Do you have a favorite time period for fashion? Do you enjoy looking at vintage clothing? Or is futuristic and mod more your style. We all know the decades of the 60s, 70s, 80s and the fashion associated with these times. But don't stop there. Do you daydream of dressing like Queen Victoria, or someone from the Elizabethian period of history?

For this swap, you will create 3 Artist Trading Cards that illustrate fashion. It can be a trend you loved, like bell bottom jeans, or something you are not fond of, like men's leisure suits. You can show the fashion on men, women or children. You can use other elements to set the tone of the time period. You can use part of a sewing pattern if you were lucky enough to have a mom who could sew.

Enjoy combining paper, rubber stamping, embossing, stencils, found poetry, and more. Just keep in mind that flat cards will travel most securely through the mail. No white backgrounds or stickers with white edges.

You are limited only by your imagination! Please do your best work and I encourage you to try something new.

* The due date is February 5, 2023

* ATCs must be made of sturdy material and precisely 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size. If you have questions joining this swap or mailing your Artist Trading Cards, please refer to this page: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8591

* US players should send a large address label and one US Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes. If you make bulky cards, please send a bit of extra postage if possible.

* International players should send $1 US or 1 US International postage stamp.

* Please share your ATCs on this thread if possible. You will inspire someone else!

It will be interesting to see what parts of fashion have impacted us! I am visualizing 1950s women in the kitchen wearing heels while doing the holiday cooking. But there is so much more and I look forward to seeing what each of you come up with!

PLAYERS

CynthiaSillitoe ~ received
Leydab ~ received
Robin........received
sheshedoesit ~ received
LazyShadows ~ received
VickiZ......received
SpottedCrow ~ received
Pancake Machine ~ received
zCatLady ~ received
LaffQueen ~ received
huddlestonmollie ~ received
fundygirl ~ received
Karr3ll ~ received

The Walnut Tree ~ received
Allegrae ~ received
CollagiantAshley ~ received

Last edited:
Lurking, too - while I check my stash for some good ideas. �� I have an old book of clothing styles so that might be useful!

I am a period fashion buff with a library of great reference books and currently working on an art journal of fashion from eras in history. This looks right up my alley, but before I sign up, is hd/hp included in mixed media? I could certainly include some collage elements on the card.

jfaskdown, yes, there can be hand drawn or painted parts as well.

Welcome to leydab and Robin.

I'm going to change the listing if possible to "open media" and that way we can welcome collage and drawing.

Yes lazyshadows. This swap is Open Media so you can create in whatever way you want, Shall I sign you up?

Back
Top Bottom