Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Date: February 12, 2023
Signup/Withdraw Date: Anytime, but please communicate
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any

For this swap, you will create ATC cards depicting nesting dolls. Three different size dolls per card. You can create a pocket with three dolls in it, dolls attached with a brad, different size dolls next to each other, or any other composition you would like as long as there are at least three dolls per card.
Any technique is accepted.

You can see some examples here:
https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=matryoshka atc cards&rs=typed

• Make sure your cards are made out of sturdy material and are 2.5" x 3.5"

• Please sign up by posting to this thread.

• Include your Username, swap name, your location, and the date on the back of each card.

• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.

• A hostess card is not necessary, but if you decide to send me one, it will be treasured.

• If you need to withdraw, please communicate.

• When you are ready to mail your cards: send me a PM for my address. I haven't moved so if you have my address from previous swaps, it is still the same.

• Please include a large address label or a piece of paper with your address. I will provide the return envelope. International participants: I will cover your return postage.

• DUE DATE: February 12th is the last day I will accept cards. I will swap that night and mail the returns the next day.

• As I receive your cards, I will post received by your name on the thread. I'll give ITraders the swap day.

• When you receive your returns, don't forget to give ITrader points to your host and YouRock to your fellow artists.

Who would like to play?

Participants:
0.- Leydab
1.- Juju - Received
2.- Dithespy - Withdrew
3.- Hollymay - Received
4.- BlancoLobo - Received
5.- Makitso - Received

Last edited:
I’m a lurkey turkey.
I see that your inspo link includes shaped cards, does that mean we can do shaped cards for this swap?
Must the matryoshka for this swap have a traditional look (headscarf, flowers…) or is it open to artist’s interpretation?

I’m a lurkey turkey.
I see that your inspo link includes shaped cards, does that mean we can do shaped cards for this swap?
Must the matryoshka for this swap have a traditional look (headscarf, flowers…) or is it open to artist’s interpretation?

Jezebel,
The shape of the card is up to you as long as it is 2.5 at its widest and 3.5 at its tallest. I will leave the doll to your interpretation. It doesn't even have to be a lady, it could be a dog or a cat dressed as a matryoshka.

I’m having lots of ideas.
I have another question. 3 for 3 (or 6 for 6) means 3 sets of dolls, right?

Last edited:
Welcome Juju!
TerryF and NancyL, I hope you enjoy the lurker’s couch!

There was a swap similar to this in 2020. I participated and saved patterns. Now I just have to figure out how to nest them.

Please sign me up I have my cards done so I will also need your address so I can get them in the mail.

Jezebelle, I have know idea how to get them uploaded onto a thread! Me and computers don't always agree! I can't even figure out how to get them into my gallery!

Back
Top Bottom