Abstract: Cut Paper Strips*-Due March 10th

NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due date-Friday March 10th
Number of cards- 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of players-unlimited
*Media-only paper strips from used Christmas or greeting cards. No embellishments.

Every year I hang up the Christmas cards we receive. When I take them down, I keep them for a while. Then I toss them when I have a fit of tidiness.
I've been trying to think of how to recycle these cards which are essentially free art materials.

For this swap, your design will be abstract. But no, you don't tear the paper. You get to use a pair of scissors or paper cutter to make your Xmas cards cards into strips. I made my trial cards with skinny strips. And glued them onto a dark background.
You are free to make your background any color. Remember your strips are the stars. That is what you want others to notice. So your background should be plain, no images or dots or stripes.

Card information-Cards should be 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches & arrive in individual sleeves. On the back put at least your user name, location and date. Swap title, real name, title of card are optional

Mailing info- Everyone send along a paper or label with your mailing address.
US players-send along a forever stamp.

I will provide envelopes.

International players-I can provide postage for you.

Who is ready to make ATCs with abstract designs of paper strips from used Xmas cards?

1. Me
2. CynthiaSillitoe
3. chimerix
4. Karr311
5. Rachml
6. JenTeachesAdaptiveArt
7. An. M. Sudyka
8. leydab
9. mrubyjean
10. LindyLu
11. Donnacr
13. BlancoLobo
14. AngelJoy
15. Bishopsmate
16. EatSleepWriteABook

Last edited:
Sent you a PM and added you to the swap. floral greeting cards are fine.

I was just about to put away all my Christmas supplies and I saw this swap. Great timing - I’d like to join.

One question - do you just want straight cut paper strips? Or can we use fancy scissors too for cutting the strips?

I had not thought of fancy edges. I think as long as the strips are straight and not curved, fancy would be fine.

Donna, you arrange your strips abstractly on your card.

Cmcarli is coming over Thursday. She might be able to get my sample cards online. That is a skill that has left me.

Back
Top Bottom