Sing a Song of Somewhere (HandDrawn/HandPainted) - Due Date - March 30, 2023

jo.on.the.go

going, going, always going
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: March 30, 2023
Signup/Withdraw Date: none, just make sure your give yourself enough time for the cards to arrive
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Hand drawn or hand painted; no embellishments
Sing a Song of Somewhere

So many popular songs feature places in the title. Create cards identifying a location in the title. The place can be a city (such as New York, New York), a region (such as Rocky Mountain High), or even an imagined place (such as Somewhere Over the Rainbow).

Here is a card I created:
View attachment 237392 I Left My Heart in San Francisco

CARD GUIDELINES
* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make three or six cards and receive the same number back.
* Only ATCs allowed. Cards need to measure 2.5" x 3.5" and must be sturdy enough to earn the name "card".
* Cards should be labeled on the back with your username, real name, where you live and name of swap. Please include the name of the song either on the front or the back of the card.
* Each completed ATC should be in an individual vinyl sleeve for added protection.
* Consider posting your finished cards in this thread and in the gallery. We all love eye candy and it serves as an inspiration for everybody! Let us know when you see cards that you especially like by checking "like" for a post or making a comment in the thread or gallery. When I swap out cards I look at comments made by players and try to give players cards that they like.
* A host ATC in the swap theme is appreciated and will be treasured, but is not a requirement!

MAILING GUIDELINES
* PM me for my address when cards are ready to send.
* US Players: Send a large label with your name and address clearly printed on it. Include as much loose postage as it took to mail the cards to me. Usually one "Forever" stamp is sufficient for three cards. More postage may be necessary to mail more than three cards. Check at your post office if you are uncertain. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International Players: Send a large label with your name and address clearly printed on it. I will provide postage. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

I-TRADERS and YOU-ROCKS
* I will give you an I-Trader when I receive your ATCs.
* When you receive your cards, please don't forget to leave your reputation/rock points for the artists whose ATCs you receive, and an I-Trader for me (if you like the way this swap is handled).

Players. When the cards arrive, I will change your name to blue.
1. CiCiCreates returns received
2. flashviv returns received
3. Ancient Planter returns received
4. Pamitha returns received
5. Shadow_guide returns received
6. Seascape131 returns received
7. DocJ29
8. leydab returns received
9. dithespy withdrawn
10.zCatLady returns received
11. LindyLu returns received
12. LuAnnP returns received
13. spineofafish
14. jessiblack returns received
15. wildholly returns received
16. Elliejaybird returns received
17. dina54 returns received
18. sarat returns received
19. mrubyjean returns received
20. jtpaints returns received

Last edited:
Jo, what a great theme! Please sign me up! So many songs, it’s fun just to try and think of them. I assume songs from any era will do?

So glad to see you in the swap CiCi. When I was telling my friends about this swap, we came up with over fifty titles in less than 10 minutes. A real oldie I thought of this morning is "When It's Springtime in the Rockies" sung by Gene Autrey; it was written in 1937.

Great one, and so many songs with “moon” in the title. I think I might make up my own list and then decide which ones to illustrate.

Oh my, this sounds fun. One of my goals this year is to work on my drawing and watercolor skills, so I'm gonna lurk until I see if I can make something worthy.

Well, I'm not talented/gifted enough to partake in this one but I'm going to enjoy seeing what gets created here. Great theme Jo!

Hi Jo….I would like to join your swap, I am moving from lurker to swapper! I wanted a couple days to think about if I knew enough songs that I could use and what to paint and guess what, I know enough songs and I know what I am going to paint. Great idea for a swap!

Back
Top Bottom