What's With Washi?; due March 31st

Where from do you order washi tapes? Do you have favorite sources?

Mostly I buy from Etsy stores. Etsy is a great source for anything like that--washi tape, stickers, cute post-its--and most will do free shipping if you buy $30-$35, so I alternate favorite sources, though I also use washi tape as self care. I'll be like, "today, I have earned a new roll of washi tape" and I might spend a couple of hours window shopping on Etsy.

I sometimes buy it from Amazon, too, especially basic sets, like six rolls of bright colors or six of metallics.

On rare occasion, I've found cute washi tape at the $1.25 store. That's always exciting.

Michaels used to have a lot, but at least here has almost eliminated its scrapbook aisles, which is silly because scrapbooks are so popular in Utah. So it's gone from being one of my best sources to I check the very small shelf if I'm there anyway. I guess Michaels makes the most money these days off of wedding and party DIY and framing.

You know, it dawns on me now that I've never even looked at it on Ebay probably because I have so many favorite stores on Etsy. But that's always a possibility. I just find Etsy less overwhelming.

Well, I often use amazon for lots of things as it is easy to use. And I am fortunate not to have to use my social security on living expenses. So this money comes and I use that for art things. I finally decided that dog things could come out of a different pot than my SS.

So I treated myself to some more washi tapes. It seems most of us enlarge our washi tape collection. I'm excited because i am expecting to learn new ways to use washi.

We are visiting grands later in March. I like to bring along some sort of art project. The girls are 15 and 17 now and still enjoy doing art. We'll do something with washi. I think their stepmother will appreciate a non-messy art.

I get my washi tape from Michael's mostly but occasionally I'll get some from Amazon or etsy. I tried wish but most of those were very bad quality. I think only one roll was actually good. This was a fun swap to do. my cards are in the mail. Now I don't feel so bad for having so much washi but so little use for them. I just like looking at them xP

So I treated myself to some more washi tapes. It seems most of us enlarge our washi tape collection. I'm excited because i am expecting to learn new ways to use washi.

I remember first being puzzled by people's vast collections at live AFA events. I thought that I might need six rolls, tops. But, no...it is addictive.

And it's a great no-mess art activity. Actually, it's the kind of project you could do even in the back of a car (unless you're prone to carsickness.) One year I wanted to send out homemade Christmas cards, but didn't feel well enough to make them, even with an early start and then one night, I thought suddenly.... "I just need to get a bunch of Christmas washi tape!"

A friend's birthday is in early March. He is getting some sort of card decorated with washi tape.

The craft stores in Australia are all getting out of craft ?!? for example Kaisercraft now has a corner of craft items amongst a store of perfumes, house wares, etc.
Spotlight is better but is reducing the number of stores and increasing their size so you have to be lucky to find one near you and the same with Lincraft.
Lately I have been buying most of my washi tape from Officeworks (originally NOT a craft store at all). Otherwise my online choice is Craftonline.

View attachment 237969woven strips of washi tape - I loosely stick my card to my cutting mat and adhere the strips along the 1/4" grid lines (easy to keep them even this way) then Liquid pearl drops on intersections.
View attachment 237970strips adhered across the card as masks. Inks brushed on then the stamp before removing the washi tape. I added interest with dots of Liquid pearls up the masked blanks.
View attachment 237971add toning wide strips across the card. On a 2nd card stick rainbow tape and die cut the large and small owls, droplets stuck on for eyes
I am still working on the 4th card.

In Portland (Oregon, not Maine) there's this amazing store called Collage that has a wall of washi tape. They have it organized in rainbow colors...

Oh, wow...I went to their website and discovered they sell online. Oh, dear.

Enter at your own risk.

collage PDX | Home - collage

Back
Top Bottom