Media
Albums
Inspired by Ancient Near East Art - Swap due April 30, 2023
Swap Date: April 30, 2023
Signup/Withdraw Date: Anytime, but please communicate
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any

For this swap, you will create ATC cards depicting ancient Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian art. The cards could be about warrior art, Hammurabi's code, Ur, winged lions, Ishtar gates, etc.

Any technique is accepted except for printed or digital. Send cards that you will be happy to receive.

• Make sure your cards are made out of sturdy material and are 2.5" x 3.5"

• Please sign up by posting to this thread.

• Include your Username, swap name, your location, and the date on the back of each card.

• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.

• A hostess card is not necessary, but if you decide to send me one, it will be treasured.

• If you need to withdraw, please communicate.

• When you are ready to mail your cards: send me a PM for my address. I haven't moved so if you have my address from previous swaps, it is still the same.

• Please include a large address label or a piece of paper with your address. I will provide the return envelope. International participants: I will cover your return postage.

• DUE DATE: April 30st. I will swap that night and mail the returns the next day.

• As I receive your cards, I will post received by your name on the thread. I'll give ITraders the swap day.

• When you receive your returns, don't forget to give ITrader points to your host and YouRock to your fellow artists.

Who would like to dust off your ancient art history knowledge?

Participants:
0.- Leydab
1.- Allegrae - Received
2.- Jo.on.the.go - Received
3.- BlancoLobo - Received

Last edited:
Here are mine:

View attachment 237612 Bull's Head: Sumerian art, 3500 BCE. Gold and lapis. It probably decorated the royal harp. It is currently located in the Penn Museum, Philadelphia.

View attachment 237613 Detail from Burney Relief: Mesopotamian terra cotta placque from old Babylonian Period, created 19th - 18th century BCE. It is currently located in the British Museum, London.

View attachment 237614 Standing Male Worshipper: Sumerian art, 2900 - 2600 BCE. The statue was placed in the "Square Temple" at Tell Asmar, and was perhaps dedicated to the god Abu. It is currently located in The Met, New York.

View attachment 237615 Winged Horse: Assyrian stone cylinder seal used to mark property, legal transactions, and as a signature. It is from the middle Assyrian period, 1300 - 1200 BCE. It is currently located in The Met, New York.

Here are my cards. Will be in the mail tomorrow,

Attachments

• IMG_20230328_132240_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230328_132240_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
The cards are swapped and on their way to you.
Thank you so much for participating!

Received my wonderful returns! Love everyone's creativity. Thanks for hosting, leydab! Off to leave iTrader/rep...

I received my cards. Thanks for hosting leydab.
And thanks to these artists:
Blanco Lobo - Lion Head
leydab - Ishtar Gate Lion
Allegrae - Assyrian Drinking Vessel

Got my returns! Love them all! This was a learning experience, so glad I played! Thanks to you all for making this so fun!

Back
Top Bottom