Sudoku Art Play Swap, Open Media ~ Date Due: April 4, 2023

mrubyjean

colorful soul
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date ~ April 4, 2023
No sign up/withdrawal deadline, but please communicate!
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Open Media plus a bit of sudoku puzzle

Welcome to the Sudoku Art Play Swap!

Returns Sent: April 6, 2023

I love to do sudoku puzzles. When I finished a sudoku book recently, I thought… what could I do with these completed puzzles? Now I’ve come up with an answer…turn them into art! People use old Bingo pages, why not old Sudoku puzzles! For this swap, you can choose any theme or media you want as long as you include a bit of sudoku ~ you can use the puzzle as background, you can cut the puzzle up, you can paint or draw on the puzzle. As long as a bit of sudoku shows, your card is perfect for this swap.

The sudoku puzzles you use can be filled in or blank, they can be from books, newspapers or printed off the internet, they can be big or small. If you have trouble finding any, I have pages of sudoku books I would be happy to send you.

My first three sample cards (see above) play with the idea of Sudoku as a theme but your cards do NOT have to have anything to do with Sudoku itself ~ just use a piece of puzzle in each of your creations in some way and you are good! On my last sample card, I just tangled all over a blank sudoku puzzle.

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Cards must be original. Send work into which you put time, imagination and care.
* Please use only small, light embellishments.
* Please protect your cards with plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE or a mailing label and postage.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, that way I can keep track of the cards when they were mailed. Any late cards will be returned.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find home.

Who would like to play Sudoku in creative new ways?

*CynthiaSillitoe
*Allegrae
*HHC
sheshedoesit
*LindyLu
Karr311
*nanvan
*NancyL
JenTeachesAdaptive Art
*Tafkabecky
*leydab
*RaineyDay
*BlancoLobo
*OrigamiGrace
*Mushu
jessiblack
Bishopsmate
*jo.on.the.go
*miss

Last edited:
Oh I'm tempted, except I have never done Sudoko and don't have a book. I'll see what I can scrounge up, as I have a couple of ideas. So I'm lurking for a bit.

Thanks for your willingness to consider participating, HHC!
Happy you are lurking.
At least you don't have to do a sudoku puzzle to join!

Last edited:
Well gosh! I just remembered there is a sudoku puzzle in our weekly paper. Score! Sign me up, Martha.
Also, your cards are awesome. :)

Lurking... I also don't do sudoku. Not fond of things with numbers. But I can see using the cards for a background.

Lurk away ~ glad you can see that the swap is more about using the sudoku grids in our art than anything actually sudoku-related!

I've had a sudoku book for over 5 years. I would start, set it down, start again, etc. Now that I want it I can't find the dang thing :huh: I think I'll download a picture & print it out, is that OK?

Back
Top Bottom