HHC

Be kind in all things
Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – April 14, 2023
Signup/withdraw date – None - please communicate and allow sufficient mailing time.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - WE'RE FULL!
Media - You MUST USE at least THREE (3) recycled items from the list below on your ATC. The rest is up to your creativity. Do try to use a theme, rather than slap stuff on a card.

Recycled Treasure Hunt ATC Swap!

Recycling is the cool thing to do - so let's go on a recycled treasure hunt. For this swap, please use at least THREE (3) recycled items from the list below on your ATC. The rest is up to your creativity. Do try to use a theme, rather than slap stuff on a card.

ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED - Pick 3 items (or more) for each card:
• Decorative box as substrate - it must show in completed piece
• Security envelope or decorative envelope liners or pieces
• Vintage map or atlas page
• UPC codes / Barcodes (from packaging or ads)
• Used postage stamp(s)
• Tissue Paper from shoe box/clothes box/gift package
• Used wrapping paper
• Old tickets – (movie/train/admission, etc.)
• Tea wrapper / tea bag / tea tag
• Paper bag
• Grocery receipts or order forms
• Old book pages
• Corrugated cardboard
• Found text / words
• Vintage sheet music
• Magazine images
• Vintage film strips, slides or negatives - actual film
• Old photographs (copies are okay)
• Leftover bits of ribbon or lace

1_Recycled_treasure_hunt_-_Violin_player.jpg
1_Recycled_treasure_hunt_Asian_Mail.jpg
1_at_least_content.jpg
1_Blue_Elvis.jpg
1_Recycled_treasure_hunt_-_snowflake.jpg

Basic Rules
* All cards must be standard 3.5” x 2.5” and must be sturdy enough to earn the name "card".
* Each card must be different. Cards may be similar but each must be unique to itself.
* Send in work you would be happy to receive, created with thought and care.
* On Back of Cards - include swap name; username; your real name and location.
* Send your cards in individual protective sleeves.
* Keep embellishments to a minimum. Thinner cards are desired. If you have thick cards, send extra postage for each card.

* PLEASE allow plenty of mailing time! I’m an on time hostess and late cards will be returned to sender.

* If you need to drop out; just let me know. No cards and no communication is very bad karma and will also result in a neutral i-trader!

Note that this is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is never required, although always appreciated.

Postage:
US Participants: Please include a Self Addressed envelope with a Forever Stamp (currently .60 cents). Please include your user name and name of swap on your envelope.

International Participants: Please send your address on a self-stick mailing label (clearly written, please) and include your username. I will provide the envelope. Please include a well hidden $1.00 US Dollar or a US Global Forever Stamp. Please mail early – 3 - 4 weeks is recommended.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. If you’ve traded with me recently, I’m still at Brownsville Place.

Posting in the thread when your cards are mailed helps me keep track. And please consider posting your lovely completed art for everyone to see. It’s so fun to see what others are creating!

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and Rep Points / You Rocks for the artists of the cards you receive. It's nice to let folks know where their art now lives.

Let’s start the hunt!

Players: Red = Received

1. Cynthia Sillitoe
2. Tafkabecky
3. Evalila
4. Allegrae
5. LindyLu
6. CiCiCreates
7. wyleeshouse
8. nancyjb
9. NancyL
10. sheshedoesit
11. Haagmm
12. huddlestonmollie
13. RaineyDay
14. catladybj
15. kehleen
16. dina54
17. RebeccaG
18. nanvan
19. Mushu
20. mrubyjean
21. wildholly
22. sdowkes
23. somnia
24. miss
25. leydab
26. JenTeachesAdaptiveArt
27. Donnacr
28. TSMarie
29. msbarbara
30. Pamitha
31. Makitso - withdrew
32. BlancoLobo
33. sarat
34. dsign49
35. Butterbean

WAIT LIST:

Last edited:
Description of what's included in examples:

Violin player: Sheet music, book page, tissue from Christmas package, used stamp, girl image, ink.
Asian Mail: Tissue box background, Barcode, envelope pieces with vintage stamp, washi tape, inks.
At Least Content: Old book page, torn piece from cardboard box, found text, old photo
Blue Elvis: Security envelope background, sheet music strip, postage stamp, sticker strip, washi, ink
Snowflake: Corrugated cardboard background, vintage sheet music, security envelope liner, torn bit of cardboard, ribbon, die cut snowflake, stickles.

Welcome Tafkabecky, Evalila, Allegrae and LindyLu! So glad you’re playing along.

Somnia and NancyL, lurkers are most welcome! I hope you come back and join us.

jfaskdown, lurkers welcome. Thanks for liking my cards. They were fun to create. I do hope you come back and join in. :)

Back
Top Bottom