H.B. 2 me; due April 6

I think I’m a noob too, Stacy. But I’m finding there is lots of freedom in doing abstracts. I personally think your cards are great, there is lots of variety in shapes and composition. One of the cards I did was a new technique for me, called neurotrophic art. I found examples and instruction on Pinterest, and enjoyed doing it.

Stacy, you're learning. Some efforts will be good. some not so much. I think your attempts are good.

one of the great things about doing abstracts, is that it is difficult to do it wrong. You can't have your art look like a particular thing. But you get to play with colors and textures and shapes and media.

I'm a total novice at abstracts but I keep trying. AFA is the place to learn all this stuff. Everyone is supportive & helpful.
Your cards are fine, I especially like the bottom right one:)

PS: what is a noob?

I think it is short for newbie. Someone less experienced.

And stencils would be fine.

Hi, Nancy! I am so excited that it will be your 75th birthday! I am the slowest art maker, so I think I can just lurk and hope my process speeds up! 75 is an awesome number!

So sorry that I cannot serve cake and ice cream for this party. It would be chocolate cake, very chocolate chocolate cake. Maybe some sort of ice cream with caramel.

Mmmm…. Chocolatey chocolate cake is my favorite.

Just think of the calories you save by not eating this ice cream and cake. Since you were going to spend them on cake, you might as well choose a substitute that you CAN eat.

We shopped at the closest market yesterday. Its pricey but close. We bought some ice cream as our favorite brand was on sale. But our dog is out of her vanilla and we forgot to buy her any. So we only had pancakes with sausage last night and no dessert. My husband is going out later and will get some cheap ice cream for the dog.She gets smaller helpings than we do.

When we lived in Hawaii, our friends used to give their dogs a bit of ice cream every night before they went to bed. Dairy is not supposed to be good for dogs. But our 2 have always loved it.

Cards are done.

Attachments

• Abstract-75--#1.jpg
    Abstract-75--#1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Abstract-75--#2.jpg
    Abstract-75--#2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 15
  • Abstract-75--#3.jpg
    Abstract-75--#3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Abstract-75--#4.jpg
    Abstract-75--#4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 16
Looks like you used washi tape.

Nope. The strips are cut up card stock &/or trashed out atc's that didn't make the cut. Old book page that was water colored & scribbled on then punched out. The background is Brusho watercolor crystals with a lot of dots in gel pen & scribbles. No washi tape:)

Back
Top Bottom