Media
Albums
Due date: May 23, 2023

6th Annual Save the Bees ATC Swap
Swap Due Date: May 23, 2023
Signup/Withdrawl: May 15, 2023
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Media: Any Media, but please try to limit the use of stickers.

At this time of the year, when everything is springing back to life, we should all be mindful of the importance of bees. Without them, we would not survive for very long. My nesting home for the solitary bees is still on my garden wall, and I did have a few nesting in there last year! There is still room for more tenants, so hopefully we will have a few more move in. We have even bought a second “bee house” which will go in the flower bed. I have plenty of flowers for the bees to feast on.
My larger “bug house” needs to be replaced. I still think I will make my own, with sturdier wood. Maybe this year will be the year to do it. The old house is still out there, but it is in very sad shape! I did have lots of different creatures living in there, including a few bees! Nature is just so awesome!

Some interesting facts about bees:

The honey bee has been around for millions of years.
It is the only insect that produces food eaten by man.
A honey bee can fly for up to 5 miles, and as fast as 15 miles per hour!
The average worker bee produces about 1/12th a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime.
A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers during a collection trip.
A colony of bees consists of 20,000 to 60,000 honey bees and one queen.
The bee’s brain is oval in shape and only about the size of a sesame seed.
The queen bee can live up to 5 years and is the only bee that lays up to 2500 eggs per day.

For this swap, bees are the focus. They can be nestled in the flowers, covered with pollen, hovering near the bee hive, or whatever you want them to be doing! In the past 5 years, the cards have been amazing! I am sure that this year will bring even more fun and creative ideas!

Cards are to be standard ATC size, 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" and the cards should be straight and sturdy and in an individual plastic sleeve. Please include swap name, user name, your real name, date and location on the back of all cards.

This is an open media swap. HD/HP, collage, anything goes! Whatever you decide, make sure that you have colored backgrounds.... no plain white backgrounds! Have fun with this theme! Be creative do your best work, and send in cards that you would be proud to add to your collection. I will do my best to swap media for media. Host cards are not required to play, but if you choose to send one, I will cherish it.

US participants, please send a large address label and a forever stamp. I will provide the envelopes! Please be mindful that thick embellishments will require an addition ounce stamp for each card! The postal service has gotten much stricter about the thickness of envelopes.

International participants, I will cover the return postage for you! Just be sure to include an address label.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. If you have my address from previous swaps, it is the same. Try to mail your cards early!! I like to be prompt in sending back your returns.

When you do receive your returns, please be kind enough to leave "you rock" points for the artist whose cards you received, and if you feel that I have done a good job as a host, please leave an ITrader for me.

Who would like to play?

14CarrotGold ~received 4/14
Asher ~received 5/15
fundygirl ~withdrawn
SpottedCrow ~received 4/20
dsign49 ~received 5/1
JenUrebel ~received 4/27
Cleopatra ~received 4/1
sheshedoesit ~received 4/20
catladybj ~received 5/6
RaineyDay ~received 5/9
leydab ~received
mrubyjean ~received 4/20
OrigamiGrace ~received 4/5
DocJ29 ~received 5/15
BlancoLobo ~received 4/5
EatSleepWriteABook ~received 4/20
Monroy28 ~received 4/10
Bramble ~received 4/20
autumnleavz_artist ~received 5/16
An. M. Sudyka ~received 4/24
eyes ~received 4/27
Seascape131 ~received 4/27
jo.on.the.go ~received 4/25
Tillygo ~received 5/9
Tafkabecky ~received 5/4
Donnacr ~received 5/15
flowergurl4eva ~received 5/22
sydbird ~received 5/12

Last edited:
Welcome, everybody! Glad to have you all again this year!

Enjoy the lurkers garden, Linda4atc

Back
Top Bottom