The Cemetery Swap, Open Media, Due June 22nd, 2023

I would like to join. Here are my cards:

View attachment 239201 Here Lies Lester Moore (four slugs from a 44, No Les, No More). This is an actual tombstone from Boothill Cemetery, Tombstone, Arizona. Lester Moore was a Wells Fargo station agent in the border town of Naco. He died in a shootout with Hank Danstan over a mangled package.

View attachment 239202 Mausoleum at Highgate Cemetery, London England

View attachment 239203 Poulnabrone Dolmen, located in the Burren of Ireland. It is one of Ireland's most famous megalithic tombs. The remains of 36 people were recovered from the tomb's chamber. The tomb dates from 3800 - 3600 BCE.

View attachment 239204 Remembering Fido

Wow, jo.on.the.go! Such a beautiful and varied selection! Welcome to the swap!

1_Scan_20230503__8_.jpg1_Scan_20230503__7_.jpg1_Scan_20230503__5_.jpg1_Scan_20230503__6_.jpg

Hello All! Please check out SpottedCrow's gorgeous cards above! They are in a bit of a grey area for this theme since they don't quite show a "burial ground." For that reason, I will offer them up to be "claimed" by any participant as part of their returns. If you would love to receive one of these beauties, please just let me know. Thanks all!

We recently moved from Phoenix to eastern North Carolina - and there are soooo many cemeteries here, many of them seemingly in people's backyards. I'd love to participate in this swap - will give me a chance to go exploring the gravestones in our town.

Laura Orsini
Windsor, NC

I love SpottedCrows cards and actually, I wanted to sign up because I love cemetary angels. Can you let me know if they are accepted? Thanks

I love SpottedCrows cards and actually, I wanted to sign up because I love cemetary angels. Can you let me know if they are accepted? Thanks

Hello RaineyDay! Cemetery angels are good, but since this is a swap that is to feature a "burial ground," if you use cemetery angels it should be in a context where they are obviously part of a cemetery, rather than standing alone. When they are standing alone and out of context they are statues of angels, but you don't necessarily know they are from a cemetery, if that makes sense. Hope that answers the question. :)

Welcome to the stone lukers' bench, nanvan and Kavka. Hope you both can join us. :)

Last edited:
We recently moved from Phoenix to eastern North Carolina - and there are soooo many cemeteries here, many of them seemingly in people's backyards. I'd love to participate in this swap - will give me a chance to go exploring the gravestones in our town.

Laura Orsini
Windsor, NC

Welcome, PhxAzLaura! And here I assumed you were not too far away from me. But NC does have some cool, old cemeteries that should be great inspiration!

Thank you! I've actually made one already of a cemetery in Romania, I can't wait to do more because there are some crazy cemeteries out there.

This is a late comment for PhxAzLaura: When I moved from California to Pennsylvania, I, too, was amazed at how many dead people there are!

Back
Top Bottom