Friend of AFA
Media
Albums

Due date: June 26, 2023

Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: All/Any

Animals Of The World: Australia/ATCs/Open Medium/Due date: June 26th

I am going to be running a series of swaps about animals of the world. For this very first swap we are going to start with Australia. Some of the featured animals of Australia are: Koala, Red Kangaroo, Victoria Crowned Pigeon & Saltwater Crocodile. Of course, it is not just limited to those animals but you must choose animals that are known to that country/set of countries. You will be making three ATCs with a featured animal on it. Each ATC MUST be different. You can add lots of layers & elements if you'd like but be sure to send an extra postage for each ATC that you send in for the swap to cover for your ATCs going to the other artists.. Stickers can be used very lightly & definitely not as the focal point.

For the most part I swap media for media. If you do HD/HP you will more than likely receive the same back. Same for collage/mixed media. All ATCs need to be put in to sleeves to protect them from the elements. Sometimes there are only a few ATCs in certain medias; if that happens you will receive random media ATCs in return.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not provide envelopes for US swappers. I do not provide sleeves for swappers unless under special circumstances. Late cards will be returned to the artist and neutral I-Trader given. Lack of communication and lack of ATCs will result in Neutral I-Trader given. Please, please communicate. US SWAPPERS, please send a SASE. Postage will be whatever it cost you to send it to me. INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS, All other international participants will need to send either US $2 or I have set up a Pay Pal account also. ALL INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS NEED TO SEND A LABEL TO GET THEIR RETURNS. Please label all your envelopes with your user name & swap name. Place each ATC in a plastic sleeve. An extra ATC on the subject would be greatly appreciated but is not mandatory. Please feel free to post your ATCs to the thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM or ask in the thread. Please PM when you are ready for my address. Mail is running so slow these days. Most international mail will take anywhere from one to three weeks to arrive in WA. Please plan accordingly. On that same note; most mail here in the US can take anywhere from two days up to 15 days so please don't wait until the last minute to send your ATCS.

Players, when you have received your return ATCs for the swap; please remember to leave I-Trader for the host (me, ferretgirl) & You Rock points for your fellow artists that you received cards from. I will leave I-Trader points for you as soon as I receive (on time) your swaps. Once again, please PM me with any questions you may have.

CynthiaSillitoe RECEIVED
Donnacr RECEIVED
jo.on.the.go RECEIVED
NancyL WITHDRAW
Wolf_Moon RECEIVED
Pamitha
dithespy WITHDRAW
An. M. Sudyka RECEIVED
leydab RECEIVED
Nicky RECEIVED
Seascape131 RECEIVED

Last edited:
I would like to join. Here are my cards. I will probably mail them tomorrow.

View attachment 239109 Australian Ghost Bat (Macroderma gigas) - This is the only carnivorous bat in Australia, eating birds, reptiles, and small mammals (What would an animal swap be if I didn't have at least one bat!)

View attachment 239110 Echidna - There are four species of echnidas, also known as spiny anteaters. Echidnas and platypuses are the only living mammals that lay eggs

View attachment 239111 Red Kangaroo (Macropus rufus) - This kangaroo is found in much of Australia's interior

View attachment 239112 Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilius harrisi) - The Tasmanian Devil is the largest of the carnivorous marsupials

Let's talk koalas. They are actually not bears but marsupials. They basically have six thumbs & can sleep in a tree branch nearly all day long. When they had those severe droughts in Australia I kept seeing pictures of little, wild koalas begging people for drinks of water out of the peoples' water bottles. It was so sad. They are cute little buggers, though....

We were able to visit Australia twice in 2019. I thought it was a little crazy but it was the last of our far away trips.

Please add me.

In my air time, I did a lot of reading and sleeping. My husband would always watch a movie.

We have been to India and you lose a day or gain a day. also to New Zealand twice. I met up with Lemurkat the first time. (She and her then boyfriend had already had lunch at our house in Hawaii.) And then to Australia twice.
We wanted to go again. But then there was covid and then cancer. Now we are thinking short road trips.

Got you signed up, NancyL. Wow, you are quite the world traveler. I just love Lemurkat's artwork!! She is quite talented.

Red Kangaroos are the largest of all kangaroos. Females are smaller than the males. Can reach speeds around 37 miles per hour. Males can jump as high as five foot 11 inches. They primarily eat green vegetation are are adapt at living in arid regions.

Back
Top Bottom