Vellum Variations, due date July 7

NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Friday July 7th
Number of cards- 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of players- unlimited
Media-OPen but every ATC must have vellum on it.
Vellum Variations

Once upon a time, I bought vellum to make Christmas cards, but then I had a different idea for cards. So now I have almost a full packet of vellum. Any of you who received birthday favors from me, also got a strip of vellum. My vellum is white but it might come in other colors. It is a translucent kind of paper.
I use it to mute bright colors or to stamp on. How do you use it? You can play with it and find new ways of using vellum.

You are welcome to use the same way on each card. But you are also welcome to show different ways of using it.

Mailing information- Everyone, please send along a label or piece of paper with your mailing address.
US players-send along 1 or 2 forever stamps.
International players-I will provide postage.
I will provide envelopes for everyone.

Your ATCs must be 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
Each ATC must be in a plastic sleeve.

Who is ready to show me your vellum variations?

1. An. M. Sudyka
2. ]JenTeachesAdaptiveArt
3. Leydab
4. Me
5. The Walnut Tree
6. EllieJayBird
7. Donnacr
8. DocJ29
9. Bishopsmate
10. Tafkabecky
11. cmcarli
12. catladybj
13. CynthiaSillitoe

Last edited:
I thought somebody would have experimented with vellum. But maybe not. I would like to see what others can do with it.

If you sign up and send me a PM with your mailing address, I will mail you some vellum to play with.

I have some new circle stamps& I made an ATC by layering vellum and printing on each one.

I've also used it to layer over something bright to mute the color.

Thank you for the invite! I have some vellum I can use.
I only used a piece for a greeting card.
sign me up please!
By the way, Nancy: your inbox is full and not accepting more messages, I tried to respond to the invite but bounced.

I am having a problem with my inbox. I had 2 messages stored and was told that the box was full. Now I have deleted all messages.

I have lots of vellum from when I was trying to learn pergamano - lots of different tools that I never quite mastered.

Vellum looks beautiful when you emboss it using a folder or use a die and an embossing mat so that the design is impressed but not cut.
It is great to stamp on (but use StazOn or another archival ink as pigment inks don't dry on vellum unless you heat emboss them and you have to do that very carefully to avoid warping/melting the vellum)
It looks beautiful when you colour the back of it with markers or alcohol inks - always use a darker colour than you want as the vellum mutes the colour you see from the front.
If you still have any of those fancy edge scissors we all bought years ago - the vellum colours nicely on the cut edge giving a lovely finish/ border to your card.

What this all means is - please sign me up so I can play. . .

Someone suggested I delete sent messages. so I deleted all the ones from this year and last.

2 sets of vellum are going out today.Actually 3 are going out. Doc, Ellie and Jen.

I tried doing one of donnacr's suggestions. I made an abstract design with markers and then flipped it over. this was on vellum. then I layered it and added some stamped circles. This card might go to Abstract with Circles swap.

Someone suggested I delete sent messages. so I deleted all the ones from this year and last.

I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten about sent messages....and been like why is my box so full?

Mostly I have solid colored vellum, but today I found some patterned stuff to try, too.

I had never considered sent messages as taking up space in my inbox. I was of the belief that if you sent out a message, it was gone. But as I am old, it makes sense that I have some old school ideas.

This is a Saturday when we have nothing planned. I have 2 major things to accomplish. I probably need to do the least fun thing first as I have put it off already for almost a week. I have to use my blood sugar meter machine. Well, first I have to figure it out. Then I have to poke my finger and test the blood.
The other thing is art. I have 3 kinds of ATCs to do and 2 birthday cards.

Back
Top Bottom