Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: G-4, Continuing Adventures of Eight Fuzzy Felters (last mail date 3/09)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think elephants in full Indian costume would be perfect for felting!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by susietex View Post
    Hi Jetleg, brilliant to have you with us, and another great theme. Still pondering on mine, now shall I pick......
    Great crested newts or Elephants in full Indian costume, architecture of Ancient Greece or maybe something a little more challenging?????
    I agree with Val, Indian Elephants would be perfect, failing that the mosaics of the Islamic temples in Istanbul come to mind!
    Last edited by Pippin; 07-03-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yikes! Something easy, SusieTex -- maybe you should request pages with everything - even the kitchen sink!

susietex is offline You can't get any higher than this
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well actually we are having a new kitchen extension built at this very moment, so a kitchen sink would be a great idea, but it needs to be shown being delivered by an elephant wearing a mosaic inspired costume. LOL!!!!

Sorry ladies, but my brain has finally been clogged with brick dust and arthritis medication....... is there any hope for me????? ROFL, but now I can't get up!!!
    Try everything, something may work! It did for me.

JackieR Guest
    Finally here!!! Welcome Jetleg!! This is cool. I'll have to get out the books and try some new techniques. September is great. I have nearly booked all my accommodation for my trip. Yay for the internet and email!!

JackieR Guest
    Oh I just read Susie's ideas for a theme. NOooooo Please be kind!!

jetleg Guest
    The new colors of roving I ordered arrived along with more felting needles. I am off to start designing pages.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, jetleg, you're so organized!! I got lots of good stuff -- just have to wait for my attic studio to cool off a bit. That's where my felting machine is. I have a couple ideas for Funky Birds and Monet....hope to get them both done before the summer ends. I know that's ambitious.
    There cannot be a crisis next week, my schedule is already full. --Henry A. Kissinger

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    O.K., Susie and Pippin, start thinking about those themes!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    O.K., September is right around the corner, well sort of, and I don't think we have themes from Monarch, Pippin and Susie...some of us need a little thinking time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a definite idea about what I'm going to make for Val's page and a couple ideas for Jackie's page. I have to do some sketches and perhaps little ATCs before I tackle the journal page. I hope to get both of these cards done before the end of the month because it looks like September is going to be pretty busy for me. (August seems a bit out-of-control, too.) I kind of like rainy days when I have to stay inside -- then I can felt and design.
    There cannot be a crisis next week, my schedule is already full. --Henry A. Kissinger

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah it's coming up fast! Can't belive the year is more than half over

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    still ponderimg my theme here!! i have narrowed it down to trees or something that i have yet to put a name to but is sort of art deco!!! Waiting not so patiently for the arm to mend and the cast to come off!! Then i bet i will be sent for physio!! oh joy

jetleg Guest

Smile

I have the felting done one my first page...now i need to embellish! This is such a fun group. I am so pleased to be a member.

JackieR Guest
    Trees sounds good LOL!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Jackie, I like those trees, too!!! Although I certainly would be challenged with art deco!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetleg, I'm so impressed you have a page felted already!!! Can't wait to see it!

Pippin -- hope all the pain is gone in your arm. All you need is patience while it heals. Art deco/trees/stained glass??? could be an elegant choice of themes.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trees it shall be then, but i am going to buck the trend and go for oblong!! will let you know the measurements tonight!

I now have the fourth cast on my arm, i have had three fibreglass ones in the week since the plaster cast came off. I am SO flippin cranky right now!!!!!!!!! must grin and bear it, and remember this is not life threatening or life altering, unlike the poor 20 year old guy there today who had broken both heel bones, faces surgery and is almost guaranteed to get arthritis and may have to have the bones fused in the future. its all relative!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, oblong sounds fun. I know it has got to be stressful, can't wait to hear that you are "castless". Take care.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am debating on 2 themes and haven't made my mind up yet.......I will really soon.... Really interesting fun themes!!! They will be a good learning experience....I hope I can do all of the them justice............. I have thought about dropping out but told myself this is the only way I am going to learn........................
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................