Peaceful Places Swap, Due August 30

Wonderful job! They have that postcard "wish you were here" look. Very creative, JAD!

Welcome, Bralina2. You still have plenty of time to make and send your cards. Looking forward to seeing them!

I received outstanding cards from lynn101 today - thank you for the extra card and papers!

well - I'm mailing my cards in the morning. Thanks for the encouragement -- it's so hard to be a beginner !!!

I really glad that you stuck with this swap, gizmo! Everyone has to start somewhere - and this is a fun place to start.

I received bright, cheerful cards from Gizmo, and elegant, peaceful cards from Bralina2 - good work both of you!

Don't forget - this Saturday, August 31 is the due date for cards. If you have not returned cards to me, please email me if you are running late. If cards are not here, and I haven't heard from you, I will need to do ontime returns anyway. Sorry to be 'tough' but players have been wonderful so far on getting cards to me. I am looking forward to seeing the final cards from everyone! :)

Cards are in the mail. Hope they get there in time.

I've been trying again to capture that lovely sunset color sky-blue-pink, this time in watercolors. Do you know that color? I'ts when you have a clear sky after sunset and the rose red at the horizon somehow transforms into clear blue half way up the sky -- without ever going thru purple! Sometimes there seems to be a clear light yellow in between them, but it never will pass thru green to reach the blue.

Sky-blue-pink is a most frustrating thing to try and paint. It's why almost all my sunsets are either earlier (showing red-orange-gold) or have clouds to break up the transition.

My peaceful place is a clear sunset over a calm sea. (Peaceful to look at, hard to paint.)

Last edited:
Sounds great, Lois. It's good to take risks with your art! Gets boring otherwise. I'll keep my eyes open for your cards.

Mangosteen's beautiful cards arrived today from Malaysia! No wonder it took you a while to do them. They have lovely detail!

Not sure if I told you that my cards were on their way before. They are and here is a sneak peak
file.php

The top two were done with prisma pencils. The one on the left is a hazy LA sunset at the beach. The one on the right is the road to Vegas.
The bottom 2 were done with watercolors and graphic pens and are a little more conventional.

Good job, rockstarsgirl! Your cards aren't here yet, but maybe they'll make it here tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom