It's clear to see - It's a Transparency ATC swap-Due Oct.6th

kysunflower - that works - love them - really like the left hand one - very cool.
Hobbylobby has stamp pads 50% off this week I need to go get another stazon black myself :)

i know . . . we don't have them in PA, either. at least not in my area. i've worked on a few of these this week . . . i'll post later today!

Bought some transparencies last night, will start playing around once they arrive. Where do you guys get your transparencies? I have some ideas on what I want to do, but it will be fun to experiment!

I get the printer ones at the office store - office depote or Staples - there are some sheets of clear plastic that comes with stickers that I've cut atc size and rubberstamped - just got a cool card in the mail from another site yesterday - it's frosted plastic - need to ask her where she got it from - it's very cool - will post a pic after I ask :)

I've had an awful time photographing these . . . my scanner died, and transparencies hate cameras!

file.php

there is a rubber-stamp image and vintage text and printed papers underneath, then melted-and-dyed dryer sheet, then acetate words, then transparency printed with a vintage image and alcohol-inked. edges sewn with hand-dyed embroidery floss. it's much nicer in person, if i do say so myself. :cute:

eggstudio and Mingo - welcome to the swap - so glad you are joining :)

amyfaerie - what a cool card - that just begs to be looked at closer :)

I went to youtube and learnt how to make transparencies from packing tape. What a fabulous, fun technique.

Please join me up for your swap. many thanks.

I'd like to join in too please.
kysunflower and Amy....love the cards you made!
. Bluellen taught us how to use the gel medium technique.....and it's so much fun!

Is any kind of transparency OK? Gel medium, packing tape, or transparency sheet? Will all those work?

hey! greer and dar are in the house . . . and i've not been in a swap with mingo yet--though i feel like i know you! when i see your talented daughter's stuff in the gallery, i always look! :D

i had the best place in the WORLD to get transparencies . . . i got them at work. if you know anyone who teaches, esp. grade school or middle school, you may be able to get their used ones or old ones . . .

the college i worked at let us just charge things out at our little bookstore, so i got a box of them for classes and some just accidentally fell into my bookbag and came home with me. LOL!

I really would like to keep to more of the plastic type transparency - the packing tape works but the gel medium isn't really clear - love the look but it's a different feel than that of the transparency sheets. you should be able to see thur your sheet of mat'l before you start working on it.

please let me know if you can't find print transparencies - I have a few extras - they usually will sell them a few sheets at a time in office supply places :)

ArteDar - would love to have you join - let me know if this will work for you :)

Back
Top Bottom