Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G-5 The Four Seasons Round Two

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. We are starting to get cooler nights which is a bit early, but welcomed. Lots going on with Gustav and friends evacuating, therapy dog visits, training for upcoming shows and trying to get my Shepherd ready for a tracking test in December.

How about anyone else?

Running out the door...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are ok here but fall season has certainly come. We have not had a killing frost just a scare one night but nights are in the mid 40's. It is a very pretty time of the year here because of all the colored foliage. I have been swamped and am concerned that I won't get my page to Christine by Sept. 30th. The days are just flying by and I've found very little time for art, especially disciplined sewing art. I have just about finished a 100% wool coat for winter, presently practicing bound button holes so I can do them properly before cutting into this expensive fabric.
    How was the wedding Kathy?
    Jackie is traveling and we will be heading to Vermont for 8 days in a few days. After that I should find some time to catch up. I am finding it hard to focus on spring when we see Fall all around us, particulary the colors and I love the fall colors. I now understand what Jackie was experiencing I just cannot "feel" this piece of art or ideas that come to me.
    Thanks for checking in I have been wondering about you gals too.
    Just to let you know I am hosting a fabric/fiber/felted pin/brooch swap here if anyone is interested. Makes great Christmas gifts.
    We had a severe drought this summer so tending the gardens and pots was almost a full time job. I watered four times a day some days. Everything is still alive and is taking daily time to keep everything looking nice. Fall mums are blooming along with gladiolas, really strange.
    Last edited by Jan; 10-28-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    You'll meet more angels on a winding path than on a straight one. D.Verlaef

JackieR Guest
    Back after 4,300 kms travel. Some pics. The first was taken from a beach we had to hike to. The second was one of several koalas in trees along the road.

Zeablue Guest
    Hello, I come back from my trip! "Game is over!" Greek islands, Turkish, Italy ... but not koalas (jackie) just two pelican and two kilogrammes more on my body!
    We have traveled on an american ship, so we did not hear to speak french during 15 days; except some "Québecois"! It was relaxing to not hear our compatriot grumbled all the day (Yes, french people never stops moaning!!!)
    The most incredible is that in Greece, Turkish or Italy (Europe, so) they don't speak just a little french, they speak english ... but now they prefer euros than dollars! 15 years ago in Athens or in Turkish they asked "have you some dollars,please?" Now, in Turkish they say " You can pay in Euro? I prefer, please!" When we are traveling, it's very
    good for us but when we want to export our marchandises It' s very bad ...but it's another question!
    It was a fabulous trip but I'm happy to go home; camembert and " french expresso" missed me!
    I read that Jan you had an accident? I hope you are feeling better and you have no detrimental consequences...
    I read your messages but I don't understand one word " delimina", so can you translate this word?
    Most seriously, Jackie,
    your page is ready, I post it Tomorrow, I think.
    very happy to be here, with all of you, one more year!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you Christine and thought of you often while you were on your trip. sounds like it was a real adventure in many ways. Ahh yes the $1 is not worth anything, what a mess we are in. I am still a little stiff but able to keep up with daily work, outside and inside. Have been doing canning of tomato juice, wild grape juice and jam. I'm going to be a little late with your spring page, we are leaving for a trip to Vermont. Will get on it when we return. It has been just too busy.
    Thanks for sharing pictures Jackie, where abouts did you travel? Good to know you are connected again.

JackieR Guest
    I started from here and we went west as far as Cowra in NSW, then we headed down to Victoria. We ended up on the coast at the very bottom of Australia. The land here is a combination of lava rock, limestone and sandstone. The ocean comes from Antarctica and is very rough. It eats away at the limestone forming spectacular cliffs and very dangerous reefs. This area is known as the shipwreck coast. We ambled along it stopping at every off road and climbing and walking onto every accessible beach. It was great.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm going to get the map out. We have limestone here too along the Mississippi River in the southern part of the state. It is used in a lot of buildings around here. I bet those views were spectacular. Thanks for sharing your journey's with us.

JackieR Guest
    If you have google earth put in port Campbell, Victoria, Australia and that will get you to the coastline and you can scroll along. You will find the 12 apostles here.

JackieR Guest
    Today is the first day of Summer. It is going to be hot and windy - 95 degrees. The cockies are going nuts and we have a high fire danger warning!!!!

JackieR Guest
    Jan could you send me the mailing schedule as i don't seem to have it!! I cleaned up and it's gone.

JackieR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieR View Post
    Today is the first day of Summer. It is going to be hot and windy - 95 degrees. The cockies are going nuts and we have a high fire danger warning!!!!

Brain explosion and no-one picked it up!!! It's still Spring of course. Summer starts in December. I'm not looking forward to Summer this year. I think it's going to be a scorcher!.

I received a lovely package of goodies in the mail yesterday from Christine. I enjoyed opening each little surprise. Besides a beautiful Spring page that my husband really loved there was a little packet containing a beautiful button, an atc, some lovely tissue paper that I carefully preserved and a hand-made card with leather inserts. Wow!! Early christmas. Thanks heaps Christine and good luck with the harvest!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted Christine's page to her. Please check your PM for an updated list of exchanges for the following three seasons. The earlier list I sent had some errors in it in that you may receive the same season for the same person. I have moved these names around now for three days trying to get this to work. Jackie and I exchanged spring pages again so in the end we may have to swap some to get all the seasons from each one of us for your collection. Look over this new list and see if this works for you. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience with me.

JackieR Guest
    I can't remember who sent me what. I have them all on the wall. I will have to do some investigating!!

JackieR Guest
    I'm right. I have different ones from different people this time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackie, you requested a contact and mailing list, did you get it in your PM today?

JackieR Guest
    Yes thanks Jan. I don't know what happened to the other one but I am all organised now.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been pretty quiet around here ladies. How is everyone doing? I'm still waiting to hear if Christine has received my page.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was srtuggling with inspiration, but now my use seems to have returned! Hoping to get this one together later this week! I have Winter all figured out though!! Go figure!

Zeablue Guest

Yes!!

Hi, Jan I received your page yesterday morning; very impressed !!!
    It was very long but we have more and more problems with our postoffice! Many of them are closing and others are making "restructurations"!
    I'm very happy to receive this "big" enveloppe! Your page is "pétillante". I don't have many time because we are in the harvest yet and tomorrow they talk about snow!!! The corn-picker don't appreciate snow!
    But as soon as it will be finish I promise to all of you to speak more longer! I don't forget you and I think of you or "to you" I don't remember what is the right word, grrr!
    Christine.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will someone tell me what "petillante" means? I'm glad it arrived; that took close to a month to arrive sending it first class mail from our local postoffice. I was getting concerned.
    I'm with you Sharon, I have my fall page almost done and am planning the winter one. As I cut the last of my flowers for the season there is a little touch of summer still in my heart and brain....not much.
    Christine, the snow has fallen here too but did not last on the ground still it is cold enough to snow anytime. Corn fileds are quickly disappearing here and the land is looking flat and barron. It is always a grieving time for me. I keep hanging on to anything green or growing as long as I can. However I do have a gardenia plant blooming in the house and that is a real treat.
    Here is Christine's page.
    Last edited by Jan; 10-14-2009 at 11:56 AM.