Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G-5 The Four Seasons Round Two

JackieR Guest
    Oh lovely page Jan. I am not even thinking Winter or Autumn. It's misty and rainy here at the moment which is a relief as it was 93 on Monday and we had 4 bushfires in areas around Sydney. I am thinking Summer but I can't fix on anything yet. I must admit I love Spring, Autumn and Winter. I don't like Summer. It's too hot!! My mind keeps jumping around with different ideas for my Summer page and I can't settle on one. I've also hurt my shoulder so can't sew for a while. I think I'll read!!

JackieR Guest
    I think 'petillante' means vibrant.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jackie, that the page is, vibrant what one does not see on the scan is a lot of little flowers and vines machine painted over the tulips. How did you injure your shoulder?
    You'll meet more angels on a winding path than on a straight one. D.Verlaef

JackieR Guest
    Oh yes I can see the flowers. Very nice. I have fibromyalgia and I exercise regularly to stop my muscles from cramping. When I was away on hols I didn't do this and I had trouble getting back into it as I really don't like doing it. So when I finally got down to it I did too much too quickly and pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I haven't torn a ligament as it's getting better. I do this all the time!!! I can never go slowly!! You'd think I'd have learnt by now but I bet I do something similar again one day LOL. It hurts like anything especially when I am doing the exercises the doc gave me but I have a high pain threshhold. I am going to start some sewing soon as I am getting bored! I will do a couple of ATCs then I want to do an under the sea page for my other group. By then Summer might present me with an idea!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think petillante is sparkling!! Does that make sense!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't know, does it? I did not use much in metallic threads rather choices were flowery colors.
    Jackie, take care of yourself. How is that little one doing?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe glowing then, were the colours glowing?

JackieR Guest
    Holly was baptised two weeks ago. The church was really big and clunky on the outside but very small and intimate inside. There were three babies. The first one wriggled and squirmed, the second one screamed her head off the whole time and Holly sat in the minister's arms and looked around. When he dribbled the water onto her head she tried to reach down to touch it. She was really good! It was a great day. It took her a week to get over it LOL
    She's a doll!!!
    Last edited by JackieR; 10-28-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharon the colors were very bright and in deep contrast. Did you see the page? It is on the previous page of this thread.
    Oh how special to watch that little one in a very strange situation. I bet everyone was holding their breath especially Grandma Jackie.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh it is very quiet here. Pippin have you sent your spring page yet? Anyone heard from Barefootchef? I'm planning my summer page, no snow yet just some flurry's so I can still dream.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not quite finished it yet! I had an exam last week that squashed any sewing or creativity!! yuck!!!!

JackieR Guest
    I have had the worst month. Two weeks ago two people we know died. One was the 33 year old son of a friend both Jeff and I went to college with. The funerals were last week and I am so down!! I am still offline and it is so frustrating trying to deal with these people!!! I do, however have my idea for my summer page. i just haven't been motivated to get going.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jackie I'm so saddened by the loss of your friends. It always takes time to make our lives adjust to their absence. You have been in my prayers as I read your posting in the Lounge thread. Take your time to grieve it is important. Take time to remember stories of these great people.
    Pippin hope this "exam" resulted in A=pluses of whatever it was.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jackie, I am so sorry. Remember the good times hon. Grr to the internet people!!

Thanks Jan!!!! It was multiple choice which I find aggravating for one, and it had to be done on the computer not on paper which was even worse!! We shall see!!!!!!

JackieR Guest
    Thank you for your support!! I am back online. The frustrating thing is we knew it was a line fault three weeks ago but they wouldn't get Telstra (who own all our lines in Australia) to check it. As soon as they did they fixed it!! It's so nice to be able to chat again!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hurray Jackie!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay Jackie is back on line!! Cyber hugs honey!!

JackieR Guest
    I always get confused by the end of multiple choice examx. Glad I don't have to do them anymore!! Good luck pippin.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some updates ladies. Called barefootchef today and she is fine but very busy. Her therapy dogs are keeping her busy with Vet visits and stops at Retirement centers and elementary kids. She has not forgotten us.
    ZEABLU sent a card from Paris, she is on her after-the-harvest vacation. I'm sure we'll hear from her soon.
    I am working on Pippin's page, turning out interesting; should be done soon after Christmas. By-the-way how did the multiple choice test turn out?
    Jackie, how are your friends doing with their loss? Any quilts finished? Would love to see pictures.
    Here in Minnesota we are facing one storm after another. We have 18 inches of snow, temp last night was 21 below zero with a wind chill of 39 below zero. Roads are minimally driveable and the wood stove feels great. I'm glad I got my Christmas shopping done at the beginning of December.
    Hoping each of you have a wonderful Christmastime, know you are being thought of here with great fondness.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I had an email notification that the results were mailed last week!! Oh joy I said,as I had conveniently forgotten about the pesky exam!!!

We too are facing more snow, Friday was dreadful. There was a 55 year old lady who went missing on Friday, they found her van. The sniffer dogs found her today in a snow drift and she was alive thank goodness. I do hope she make a full recovery. I had a very scary drive home from work but got home in the end. We are expecting more snow tomorrow so I have postponed a get together with friends till Jan 2nd, we decided safety first!! Thankfully almost all the necessary shopping is done, just a few fresh things to pick up tomorrow and then hunker down and stay warm with family! time to Sew, Create and Reflect!! Christmas Holiday Hugs to all