Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DECO: My Little Deco Book ; Due End of Nov.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

DECO: My Little Deco Book ; Due End of Nov.

Due Date........Estimated completion date around the end of November
    Number of Players........10
    Must Have Postive Raings to Join.........If you are new to this site, please pm me........I would like to talk to you..........Thanks......

With this swap you will make your own Deco Book for other people to work in.......
    There will be two groups of five players.........Each player will work a page for that players book in the group that you are in.............
    You will pick your theme of your book...............

It can be any size you want.........
    You design your own cover and back so when the book comes back to you it is completed................
    Books will have five pages for five players to work on unless you want to make a page yourself than there would be six pages..........On the back of the page you are working on, show your title of your page, your usersname etc but decorate the pages alittle so it is not so blank looking................That would finish the book off alittle more......Thanks........

Embellishments......I leave that up to you....Please let me know when sign up if you want bulky embellishments used on your book.... ...I will post it next to your theme........Some people like their books to be flat and I know others like the bulkyness....Please .......... if a player want no bulky embellishments, do not add them.................

Any meduim is welcome as long as you do your best work.......

You have two weeks from the time you receive the book to work on your page and than pass it on to the next person........
    Everytime the book you are working is passed on to the next person, you are to post it here........I will be keeping a close attention to this thread because I don't want anyones book to get lost or hung up somewhere.......
    I had a bad experience with a deco book that someone made for me and the first person that I mailed it to still has it and has never returned it to me after several attempts of trying to get it back.......

If this happens...you will be left with a NEGATIVE RATING......

If the book you are working can't be completeled in the two week time frame, it is to be past on to the next person..........

When you sign up, you are to pm me with your address, e-mail address and a phone number where you can be reached......Each player in their group will be provided this information.......

You must be willing to mail anywhere because anyone is welcome to participant in this swap.......

The book you make is to be made and ready for mailing by Friday, September 5th...... The estimated completion date is the end of November.....

I hope I covered everything........Until our books get sent out, please check back to the main body of the thread for any additional information in case I forgot something...........

PLEASE FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR COMMITTMENT IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS........

ANOTHER COMMITTMENT YOU WILL BE MAKING WHEN SIGNING UP.......
    If something happens to someone's book and that person is left with their book for whatever reason, the players in that group will replace pages/or do pages so that player does have a completed book....... I just got done doing the last page in a deco book for wulfcwen...........The completed book turned out sooooo cutie!!!!! IT GOES TO SHOW THAT THINGS CAN RUN REALLY SMOOTH IF EVERYONE IS LOYAL TO WHAT THEY SIGN UP FOR.......

Let's have some fun and get some awesome books made!!!!!

Group 1

1. robin....................butterflies.............. .............No heavy embellishments
    2. bigkay..................the future........................Little bit of bulky in collage but no fibers or beads.......
    3. monarch...............clowns...................... ......some embellishments would be OK
    4. stormarela.............coffee in coffee shops (see post # 28)......embellishments ..yes....
    5. bright-sparks..........passion........................... ...you can use embellishments
    6. katilady.................darkness................. ...........Loves embellishments

Group 2

1. lise bu..................vintage ladies.....................embellishnments
    2. marla412...............destinations ( see post # 27).........................The chunkier the better
    3. 1orange................black and blue colors............................No embellishments
    4. micromummy..........vintage babies...................................embellish ments
    5. monarch................the sea............................................som e embellishments would be ok
    6. rocketstargirl..........hindu gods and goddesses..................embellishments and it can be chuncky - NO LONGER WITH US~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mailing date is Friday..........

The rotations are as the group is listed.........

Just follow the list on down... You will always be mailing to the same person.....

example......robin will mail to bigkay, bigkay mails to monarch, monarch mails to stormarla, stormarla mails to bright-spark, bright-spark mails to katilday and katilady mails to robin.......

The next rotation will be robin will mail katilady's to bigkay and bigkay will mail robin's to monarch etc........

Remember you will always be mailing to the same person.......

If you have any questions pm me........

I'll post again Thusrday........

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS POST IN THE THREAD WHEN YOU MAIL YOUR BOOK AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE ONE.......THANKS!!!

First Mailing........

group 1

robin....................mailed to bigkay 9-5....bigkay rec'd 9-8
    bigkay..................mailed to monarch 9-8....monarch rec'd 9-12
    monarch...............mailed to stormarela 9-4......stormarela rec'd 9-20
    stormarela............mailed to bright-spark 9-5.....bright-spark rec'd 9-10
    bright-spark..........mailed to katilady 9-6......katilady rec'd 9-12
    katilady................mailed to robin 9-5....robin rec'd 9-8

group 2

lise bu..................mailed to marla412 9-5.......marla412 rec'd 9-20
    marla412..............mailed to 1orange 9-8......1orange rec'd 9-15
    1orange...............mailed to mircomummy 9-8.....micromummy rec'd 9-17
    micromummy.........mailed to monarch 9-5......monarch rec'd 9-12
    monarch...............mailed to rocketstargirl 9-5... rocketstargirl rec'd 9-12
    rocketstargirl........mailed to lise bu around 9-12.....lise bu rec'd 9-22
    Last edited by Carole Cadek; 11-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

second mailing

group 1

robin.................mailed katilady's to bigkay 9-11.....bigkay rec'd
    bigkay...............mailed robin's to monarch 9-15...monarch rec'd robin's 9-22
    monarch............mailed bigkay's to stormarela 9-18...stromarela rec'd bigkay's 10-02
    stormarela.........mailed monarch's to bright-spark 9-23.....bright-sparks rec'd monarch 9-27
    bright-spark......mailed stormarela to katilady 9-20.......katilady rec'd stormarela's 9-25
    katilady............mailed bright-spark to robin 9-19.......robin rec'd bright spark 9-22

group 2

lise bu..............mailed rocketstargirl's to marla412 9-29........marla412 rec'd rocketstargirl's 10-11(HOLDING ON TO HER BOOK - Do Not Mail to anyone)MARLA412 MAILING HER BOOK BACK TO 11-26~~~~~~~~
    marla412...........mailed lise bu to 1orange 9-26....1orange rec'd lise bu's 10-4
    1orange............mailed marla412's to micromummy 10-02..........micromummy rec'd marla412's 10-15
    micromummy.......mailed 1orange's to monarch 9-18...monarch rec'd 1orange's 9-23
    monarch.............mailed micromummy's to rocketstargirl 9-25....rocketstargirl rec'd micromummy's
    rocketstargirl.......mailed monarch's to lise bu 10-27....lise bu rec'd monarch's 11-10

third mailing

group 1

robin..............mailed bright-spark's to bigkay 9-30....bigkay rec'd bright-spark 10-04...ok
    bigkay............mailed katilady's to monarch 10-01......monarch rec'd katilady's 10-04...ok
    monarch.........mailed robin's to stormarela 9-29.........stormarela rec'd robin's 10-07....ok
    stormarela......mailed bigkay's to bright-spark 10-08....bright-spark's rec'd 1016.........ok
    bright-spark....mailed monarch's to katilady 10-02......katilady rec'd monarch's 10-07....ok
    katilady..........mailed stormarela's to robin 10-2.........robin rec'd stomarela's 10-06.....ok

group 2

lise bu...............has not rec'd 1 orange's mailed to 10-08....ok
    marla412...........has rocketstargirl........is holding....ok
    1orange............no third mailing...........micromummy has already worked on lise bu's book..book mailed to monarch..ok
    micromummy....mailed marla412's to monarch 10-16 ........monarch rec'd marla412's 10-21...ok
    monarch..........mailed 1orange's to lise bu 10-08..............MUST TO LOST....BOOK WAS REC'D BY LISE BU 11-27 - SEE POST #3 FOR MAILING INFORMATION..................
    rocketstargirl....mailed micromummy's to marla412 10-25....marla412 rec'd micromummy's
    Last edited by monarch; 11-27-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

fourth mailing

Group 1

robin.............mailed stormarela's to bigkay 10-13....bigkay rec'd stormarela's 10-17
    bigkay...........mailed bright-spark's to monarch 10-31.....monarch rec'd bright-spark's 11-04
    monarch........mailed katilady's to stormarela 10-16.......stormarela rec'd katilady's 10-27
    stomarela......mailed robin's to bright-spark 10-24........bright-spark received robin's 11-03
    bright-spark...mailed bigkay's to katilady 11-05.......katilady rec'd bigkay's 11-11
    katilady........mailed monarch's to robin 10-27...robin rec'd monarch's 10-31

Group 2

lise bu............gave micromummy monarch's 11-12....micromummy rec'd monarch's 11-12
    marla412........mailed micromummy's to 1orange 11-06.......1orange rec'd micromummy's 11-17
    1orange.........mailed lise bu's to monarch 11-01......monarch rec'd lise bu's 11-18
    micromummy...mailed monarch's to marla412 11-13.....marla412 rec'd monarch's 11-22
    monarch........mailed marla412's to lise bu 11-11.......lise bu rec'd marla412's 11-17

Fifth mailing

Group 1

robin.............mailed monarch's to bigkay........bigkay rec'd monarch's 11-15
    bigkay...........mailed stormarela's to monarch 11-17...monarch rec'd stormarela's 11-18
    monarch........mailed stomarela's to stormarela 11-21............stormarela rec'd her book 12-06 HOME....
    stormarela.....mailed katilady's to bright-spark 11-20....bright-spark rec'd katilady's 11-30
    bright-spark...mailed robin's to katilady 11-12....katilady rec'd robin's
    katilady.........mailed bigkay's to robin 12-05.........robin rec'd big-kay's 12-15

Group 2

lise bu........mailed marla412's to marla412......marla412 received her book.....BOOK IS HOME
    marla412.....mailed monarch's to 1orange 12-01....1orange rec'd monarch
    1orange......mailed micromummy's to micromummy 12-01.......ON IT'S WAY HOME
    micromummy........................................ ..................................................
    monarch.............mailed lise bu's to bright-spark 11-24......bright-spark rec'd lise bu's 12-02

sixth mailing

Group 1

robin........mailed big kay's to bigkay 12-17....ON ITS WAY HOME
    bigkay......mailed monarch's to monarch 11-24...............monarch rec'd 11-28..... BOOK IS HOME
    monarch...mailed bright-spark's to stormarela 11-28........stormarela rec'd bright-spark 12-06
    bright-spark......mailed lise bu's to lise bu 12-03.........lise bu rec'd her book....HOME
    katilady......mailed robin's to robin 12-05..................robin rec'd 12-15....HOME

seventh mailing

Group 1

bright-spark........mailed katilady's to katilady 12-08..........katilady rec'd her book 12-17...IT IS HOME

1orange's book........

micromummy has worked on
    monarch has worked on
    lise bu............. received 11-27....mailed to marla412 11-27.......marla412 rec'd 1oanges 12-10
    marla412.........marla412 mailed to 1orange 12-10........1orange rec'd her book 12-17....BOOK IS HOME

BOOKS THAT ARE HOME........

monarch's clown book
    lise bu's vintage babies book
    stormarela's coffee book
    marla412's destination book
    robin's butterfly book
    1orange's blue and black book
    katilady's darkness book
    bigkay's The Future book
    micromummy's vintage babies book
    monarch's Under The Sea book
    Last edited by monarch; 01-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to join, please.
    A little bit of bulk used in collage is ok, but no "chunky" fibers and beads, etc.
    Thanks!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Goodie! I was wondering when someone was going to do this again~

ME PLEASE!!!

I would like no heavy embellishments!
    Last edited by Robin; 08-18-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is everyone? I have my deco ready!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was thinking....I will get this thread update tomorrow.......I have been in and out (busy) all week......

katilady is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested but not sure how to make a deco book. Can you give me some ideas? Maybe an example of what you're doing? Thanks so much!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested too (if I have time to commit, what with work....), but I also don't know what a deco book is?

Lise Bu Inactive
    I would love to play - but have read and re read the instructions and am still puzzled. Please can someone enlighten me. x

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    please, sign me up!

So, just to be sure I am sure...I do the front and back covers, and inside there are 5 pages for the others in the group to do. Any size and theme I want...

I just got the Bind it All machine, so I am all ready to make my book!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deco books are fun, the one I worked on before was about 4 x 6 inches ( going from memory) ... and each artist decorated a page.. some worked on a loose paper and glued it into the book, others worked directly on the page in the book.
    When it was finished, it was a a cute little book of original art. The pages were all varied, drawings, collage, fabric, etc... AND,,, because of that one, I really want my own!

The neat thing is the whole book travels, so you get to see what the other artists have put into it ( different than chunky book pages)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stormarela - that is a good ! They are alot of fun to do and not real expensive on postage.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, if I understand it I make one book with at least five pages, decorate the back and front and post it off to five others (in sequence, a bit like a RR ) so they add their art to a page? All the players then end up doing a page in each others book based on the originators theme choice? Is that how it works?
    If I have got this completely screwy, let me know!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry that my thread got you confused.......stormarela - Thanks you for your comments..........Yes, you will make a book with the front cover and back completed...It will have 5 blank pages for 5 players to add their art to....When the last player in your group finishs their pages, your book will be completed with art work and mailed back to you.....

robin and bigkay - thanks so much for signing up!!!!!!i

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you make the book? What kind of paper do you use? How do you bind it?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, sign me up! I will do a small book with japanese stab binding.

My theme is passion....Wide I know, but interested to see how others interpret

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    katielady - The one I just did a page for had a cover and back made probably out of tag board or matt board, decorated and eyelets on the front and back covers with the pages inside and fibers strung through the eyelets and pages to hold the book together.......You also can make it simple ..... out of card stock folded in half and attach pages inside by staples or use fibers again...... Does this make sense........ Play around alittle and see what you come up with.......

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    bright-sparks - Thanks so much for signing up!!!!! Do you want embellishments....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, add me. My theme will be 'darkness'. And I LOVE embellishments!