Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photography + Artist Interpretation Circle Journal Group Forming! OPEN FOR SIGN-UP

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Photography + Artist Interpretation Circle Journal Group Forming! OPEN FOR SIGN-UP

The "PHOTOGRAPHY plus ARTIST INTERPRETATION" circle journal group is NOW FULL!

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (4x6 or 5x7) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on a 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Important Details to consider before you sign up!
    The circle journals are limited to 6 members (5 sign ups + me). Each of the players are required to have a minimum of 15+ itrader points and have completed at least 3 successful swaps.

- These groups require a dedication of both time (5 months) and money (for shipping costs, for materials, etc). Please do not sign up if you are not sure you can provide both. It's not fair to the other participants.

Each month you will have a partner and will mail directly to your partner on (or before) a pre-determined mail date. Each person will have 4 weeks to work on their 2 pages.

Because these are treated the same as Pick-A-Themes (PAT) each person that completes a spread is entitled to a TRADER RATING. Likewise, if a person does not fulfill their obligation to their partner a Negative Rating is posted if one partner sends and is received, but never received a spread from their partner.

When you sign up...
    * List your theme in the thread
    *PM me your contact details. Name, address, phone number, and an active email address.

Please ask any questions before signing up.

1. Corrie04 (me) - Theme: Statues/Sculptures
    2. KatieV - Theme: Roads
    3. Kristinized - Theme: Birds (any kind)
    4. Bright-Spark - Theme: Trees
    5. Kysunflower - Theme: Architecture - (something interesting, maybe old, or vintage looking)
    6. Zhenechka - Theme: Lone chair
    7. Loralou - Theme: TBD

Here is the new thread in the Circle Journal subforum. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5647
    Last edited by corrie04; 09-02-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Goodbye 70lbs... 15 more to goal

Loralou is offline I have a new address, PM me if sending anything ;)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like a lot of fun and challange!.......I am considering it, are you taking oversees players?
    NEW ADDRESS!!! PM me when sending anything.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm intrigued by the concept for this circle journal and I appreciate that it features tip-ins. I'm going to take a look at my upcoming obligations and see if I have the time to commit.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loralou & Zhenechka - I'm glad that you're both interested. I hope that you'll be able to join!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an interesting concept! I've been wanting to do a circle journal for a long time, but never got in a group before. How do you mail 8x8 pages? I've never mailed anything that large before.
    Let's trade inchies!! Or I'll trade you ATCs for inchies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    They'll fit in a medium or large manilla envelope. You could lay them between thin cardboard pcs and wrap with plastic to protect them. You'll probably be looking at $2 for postage in the US. Of course, it'll be slightly more for overseas. Luckily, you'll only be mailing 2 pages at a time and only once a month.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up! I'm going to think a bit about what theme I want.
    Let's trade inchies!! Or I'll trade you ATCs for inchies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to play, very intriguing! I'd like the theme of birds (any kind).
    Last edited by kristinized; 09-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, can I just clarify, we are committing to making two pages a month (one photo, one interpretation) for five months for each of the other participants in the group? You each then end up with five pages of your chosen theme?

When will you kick off? October, or this month?

You can tell I am interested, I just want to be sure of my facts and commitment before I sign up - thanks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah!!! Thanks for joining KatieV and Kristinized. Don't forget to PM me your contact details.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Spark View Post
    So, can I just clarify, we are committing to making two pages a month (one photo, one interpretation) for five months for each of the other participants in the group? You each then end up with five pages of your chosen theme? - YES, THAT'S CORRECT.

When will you kick off? October, or this month? - THE FIRST MAIL DATE WILL BE 4 WEEKS AFTER THE LAST PARTICIPANT SIGNS UP. SO, WE'LL PROBABLY BE MAILING OUT DURING THE FIRST WEEK OR SO IN OCTOBER. (Actual date TBD)
    You can tell I am interested, I just want to be sure of my facts and commitment before I sign up - thanks

See answers above. Let me know if you have any other questions! :-) I'd love to have you join.
    Last edited by corrie04; 09-02-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, sign me up, but I will have to come back to you on theme. My gray matter needs to get into gear! I will be back shortly, promise...

Thanks for the further explanations.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I'll sign you up, Bright-Spark!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up, I think I'd like my theme to be interesting architecture, something interesting, maybe old, or vintage looking. I'm not really into anything modern looking. Does this sound ok for a theme?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eep! There's only one more spot left so...I'd like it please.

I'm going to think about my theme a bit and get back to you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kysunflower View Post
    Please sign me up, I think I'd like my theme to be interesting architecture, something interesting, maybe old, or vintage looking. I'm not really into anything modern looking. Does this sound ok for a theme?
    Are ruin-y things okay? If so, I know what I'm shooting for your spread.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah kysunflower, not that I am suggesting there isn't some interesting old stuff in the US, I have a feeling there ain't such interesting old stuff as in Edinburgh, he he! My camera will be out shortly. I need to start taking some shots for the doors/windows chunky book swap. I already have my eye on a few doors around town!

I have decided on my theme, and to keep it fairly simple have opted for trees! I would be very happy with fantasy/whimsical for the artists interpretation, or realistic, hey I am easily pleased.....

I should have mentioned I am international - does anyone have a problem with that?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    KYSun- That theme sounds fantastic (especially since it was one that I was considering before I picked statues/sculpture)

Bright-Spark - International is fine. I can't wait to see your photos of all the "old" buildings. Also, trees are a great theme.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Zhenechka! I'm glad that your schedule will permit you to play!