Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G-7-PAI CIRCLE JOURNAL GROUP

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

G-7-PAI CIRCLE JOURNAL GROUP

The "PHOTOGRAPHY plus ARTIST INTERPRETATION" circle journal group is NOW FULL!

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (4x6 or 5x7) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on a 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Nitty Gritty Details:
    • Original photos only
    • Photo must be no smaller than 4x6 and no larger than 5x7

• If using charcoal or some other fun, "messy" medium, please be sure to spray some type of (non-sticky) sealant to protect your art and the other page.
    • Please decorate the back of your pages (no white pages) and include your user name, real name, and any other information that you wish to include.

• Please try to remember to post scans of your pages before you mail them out (if able).

• When mailing, please place the sheets in between some form of sturdy card stock or thin cardboard to protect the pages from being crumbled or torn.
    • ALSO... please protect each journal page by placing WAX PAPER (or similar) between your pages to keep the pages from sticking together

• Please check in at least once a week, so that we know you're alive and kickin'! If you'll be away from the internet (*gasp*), please let us know so that we don't worry.

• Please give your partner an itrader point. If you don't receive a page for that month, your partner will need to get a NEGATIVE point and they will be removed from the group (per the moderators.)

The mail dates will be the 1st of each month. So our first mail date will be October 1. Once I have everyone's contact information compiled, I will send out a PDF of addresses, so that you'll have the mailing addresses handy.

Our mailing partners are listed below. (See the bottom of the message for everyone's theme.) When you mail out your pages, please make a note in the thread! Thanks!

February 1
    Loralou - mld 2/28 -Kysun

March 1 (Last mail date)
    Zhenechka - mld 3/10 - Kysun

1. Corrie04 (me) - Theme: Statues/Sculptures
    Preferences: My pages are going in an 8x8 photo album. No need to leave binding space, nor do you need to decorate the backs.

2. KatieV - Theme: Roads
    Preferences: "I will be putting my pages in an 8x8 album in page protectors. The backs of the pages won't be visible, so you don't need to worry about decorating the backs of the pages for me. It would be cool if you signed one of the pages somewhere on the front. I'm making a collaged cover for the album, if you'd like to make a tag or card with your info I would include it in the cover. If not, no big deal!"

3. Kristinized - Theme: Cemeteries
    Preferences: "Don't worry about decorating the backs of my pages since they won't be shown. I'd rather have information on your photo - where you took it, what it is, why you chose it, etc."

4. Bright-Spark - Theme: Trees
    Preferences: "I have no preferences, as I haven't made up my mind on how I am going to display these yet, I thought I would wait until they all came together and inspired me!"

5. Kysunflower - Theme: Architecture - (something interesting, maybe old/vintage looking)
    Preferences: "Instead of doing some artsy thing on the back just some decorative paper is all, just incase I just rings instead of an album."

6. Zhenechka - Theme: Lone chair
    Preferences: "My only requirement is that the backs not be white. Other than that, however each participant wants to interpret my theme, is great."

7. Loralou - Theme: Sunsets
    Preferences: Square photos (if able). Please decorate the page backs.

Last edited by corrie04; 03-22-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Goodbye 70lbs... 15 more to goal

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent! I'm subscribed to the thread and ready to go!

Kristinized -- does "any birds" include sculptures of birds?

Zhenechka -- a lone chair is a chair by itself? With no table? Sorry to be a goof
    Let's trade inchies!! Or I'll trade you ATCs for inchies.

Loralou is offline I have a new address, PM me if sending anything ;)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I have sunsets as my theme please?
    NEW ADDRESS!!! PM me when sending anything.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Katie has done, please subscribe to this thread, so that you'll remember to check in often! *S*

Loralou - you're all set up with "Sunsets" as your theme.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieV View Post
    Zhenechka -- a lone chair is a chair by itself? With no table? Sorry to be a goof
    I was thinking along the lines of this photo but I'm open to anyone's interpretation.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, ok, I think I get it. I think my brain's a little fuzzy today -- first day of classes, hehe

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I have posted the new partners. Please review to make sure that you don't have anyone twice.

If everything is okay... let's get started! Whoo-whoooo

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW Zhen... the 5x5 photos will be fine, since it's between the minimum and maximum sizes.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by corrie04 View Post
    BTW Zhen... the 5x5 photos will be fine, since it's between the minimum and maximum sizes.
    Awesome! Since I've started shooting more film with my Holga, I'm finding it difficult to go back to my dSLR. Poor thing.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOne chair, already got ideas.
    Sunsets, need some ideas.We don't get a lot of pretty sunsets for some reason. This will be more difficult then the birds.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really excited about this, never done a circle journal before, feels like we will be on a journey together for the next few months. Great job Corrie04 in getting us organised.

Love the lone chair theme Zhenechka!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bright. I've done round robin altered books (with disappointing results because there seems to always be one person that decides to keep books for an extraordinary long lengths of time.)

So I'm excited about this for several reasons.
    1. Everyone is accountable b/c of itrader points.
    2. If anyone misses a month, they're out of the group
    3. And most importantly, if someone flakes out, you don't loose your entire book - you just miss out on 1 spread.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I'm here!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieV View Post
    Kristinized -- does "any birds" include sculptures of birds?
    Hmmm. I was thinking any type of live bird found naturally in your area or in a zoo (flamingos, peacocks, robins, eagles, penguins etc) rather than sculptures... but sculptures are fine.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinized View Post
    Hmmm. I was thinking any type of live bird found naturally in your area or in a zoo (flamingos, peacocks, robins, eagles, penguins etc) rather than sculptures... but sculptures are fine.
    Phew! I'm going to try my darndest to get a decent shot of a live bird but I've never had luck photographing small, fidgety things that are not my niece or nephews. It's nice to know that there's an alternative should I need it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    darn, a live bird. well now that just ruins it, LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about ducks, do ducks count kristinized??

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't make me come over there!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...what's the matter with ducks?

I'm gonna try to get some live birds, if not, my backup plan is to take a shot of some cool carvings at the building where I work.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    kristinized, you have no taste!! LOL I LOVE ducks!!! especially tufted and indian runner.....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Spark View Post
    kristinized, you have no taste!! LOL I LOVE ducks!!! especially tufted and indian runner.....
    I love ducks too! They are the best.

I've picked out my photo for Loralou's spread. Now, I suppose, I should get to work on the whole thing.