And Gosh Darn It, People Like me! An Affirmation Swap. Due Dec. 12

katilady

Suspended User
Swap due date: Dec. 12
Number of Cards: 3/3
Number of Participants: 20; 8 international

How often are you mired down in negative thoughts about your self, your art, your family life? These negative thoughts can become ingrained into who we are and what we believe about ourselves and the world if we are not careful. The purpose of this swap is to make cards that affirm the positives in our lives and give us something to focus on when everything is in a tailspin.

Here are some links you may find helpful:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Artists-A...reativity-With-Artists-Affirmations&id=644508
http://www.gems4friends.com/affirmations.html
http://www.aplacefortheheart.co.uk/frame.php?sp=/affirmations/affirmationlist.htm

1_AffirmationsSwap1.jpg
1_perfectly_made.jpg
1st one by katilady, 2nd by nuttynanner

RULES:
*I am going to be very firm about the withdrawal date! I WILL leave neutral iTrader if you withdraw after Nov. 25!

*Affirmations MUST NOT contain any negative words. No using 'no', 'not', 'nothing' etc. For example, turn the phrase "I am not fat." into "I am healthy and whole."

*Affirmations must be in the 1st person, present tense.

*Even though the title of the swap is playful, the point of this swap isn't to do Stuart Smalley type affirmations.

*Please refrain from overtly religious affirmations. I understand faith is important to many of us, but this is an inclusive swap for people of all faiths and even our lovely atheist friends too!

*All cards must be standard ATC size, 3 1/2 x 2 1/2. I will send back small or large cards at the owners expense.

*I understand that we are all at different skill levels therefore my expectation is that you make the very best card you can in your skill level. However, sloppy, glue-y, falling apart cards are not acceptable and will be sent back at the owners expense.

*I will trade quality for quality with a touch of randomness. This means you will get at least one card that matches what you sent in quality wise, the other 2 will be random.

*Host cards are always appreciated, but not necessary!

*All media accepted except digital. I will allow digital if it is physically altered in some way.

POSTAGE:
US residents:
Please provide a SASE with $.59 on it.

International:
I will provide postage for 8 international players, please send an address label.

Me! (Captain)
1. NuttyNanner
2. Cheeka (Dickle)
3. Sashibala (Slappy)
4. Amyfaerie (I think she won't kill me if I stick her in here!)
5. Altermyworld*
6. Themuppet
7. hayward cs
8. grrrdjules*
9. MynameisJenn
10. Rockstarsgirl (Shotgun)
11. Betsi
12. MissKoolAid*
13. Siena*
14. Genxster
15. Queenofthenight (Queenie)
16. Cindy10
17. tmfmom
18. maicea10
19. Patti
20. Gypsy
21. miss
22. mrubyjean
23. Littlelady

*International received withdrew

Waiting List

Last edited:
Actually this will be awesome - I thought of doing something similar before I'd even heard of an ATC and leaving them around for people to find - perhaps I'll make prints of mine and do just that!

I have had such a bad/sad day today that this is tempting. But I have so much going on. I will watch the signups closely and see if I can jump in.

Would love to have you Siena! But i totally understand, hope you come back!

I can't join because I'm behind and overworked this Fall. But I think this is an inspired swap theme and can't wait to see the cards come through the gallery, lol :)

OH wow! All these kick ass people wanna play! You're all in! Amerasu if you change your mind we'd love to have you! Right gang?

Back
Top Bottom