Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G-8 Second Photography and Artist Interpretation Circle Journal -Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

G-8 Second Photography and Artist Interpretation Circle Journal -Full

Thank you to Corrie04 for the following wording!

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (minimum size is 4x6) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on a 5x7 photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Nitty Gritty Details:
    * YOUR Original photos only
    * Photo must be no smaller than 4x6 and no larger than 5x7
    * If using charcoal or some other fun, "messy" medium, please be sure to spray some type of (non-sticky) sealant to protect your art and the other page.
    * Please make sure the backs of your pages are neat and tidy if possible and put your username, realname and location on them! I'm not asking for works of art- or double the work! especially as I know a lot of you have page protectors so the backs won't be seen (but not all of us can get these!)
    * Please try to remember to post scans of your pages before you mail them out (if able).
    * When mailing, please place the sheets in between some form of sturdy card stock or thin cardboard to protect the pages from being crumbled or torn.
    * ALSO... please protect each journal page by placing WAX PAPER (or similar) between your pages to keep the pages from sticking together
    * Please check in at least once a week, so that we know you're alive and kickin'! If you'll be away from the internet (*gasp*), please let us know so that we don't worry.
    * Please give your partner an itrader point. If you don't receive a page for that month, your partner will need to get a NEGATIVE point and they will be removed from the group (per the moderators.)
    Participants:

1. Boatbird- theme- boats (anything and everything to do with them)
    Preferences: No yellow pages, would love info on where photo was taken on back- no sleeves/ album as yet!
    2. Ibus- theme- Insects
    Preferences: No pinks but love blue, violet and purple. Will be in an album.
    3. kysunflower- theme- Church Steeples
    Preferences: Would love to know where the photo was taken, something about it and why you chose that photo- but photos will be in an album so backs won't be seen (just artist info)
    6. Misskoolaid- theme- 4-legged furry creatures (preferably felines but open to other animals too)
    PREFERENCES: Doesn't mind black- info about photo, username and location on back please!
    Mailing Dates:
    1st November
    PARTNERS:
    Boatbird and Ibus (BB sent and Ibus rec./ Ibus late due to move)
    kysunflower and Theecoyote (Kys sent/ ???)
    Rachel and MissKoolAid ( BOTH sent and rec)

1st December
    PARTNERS:
    Boatbird and kysunflower (BB sent/ Kys sent)
    Ibus and MissKoolAid (MKA sent/ Ibus late due to move)
    Theecoyote and Rachel (Rachel sent/ ???)

2nd January- or as close as post offices allow!2009
    PARTNERS:
    Boatbird and
    Ibus and Rachel
    kysunflower and MissKoolAid

1st February 2009
    PARTNERS:
    Boatbird and
    Ibus and kysunflower
    and MissKoolAid

1st March 2009
    PARTNERS:
    Boatbird and MissKoolAid
    Ibus and
    kysunflower and

When you mail out your pages- please post in the thread so we know to keep an eye out for them!
    If you have any questions, please PM me or post in the thread!
    Last edited by boatbird; 02-03-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Ibus is offline Granny to four gorgeous children!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why we must decorate the backs of the pages! That's now making it FOUR pages per month and in my album the backs won't be seen!
    It's also not in the OP I signed up to!
    Last edited by Ibus; 09-25-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's just so that the backs of the pages aren't messy with paint splashes, smudges etc.

And because some of us aren't lucky enough to be able to get protectors for them... I'm just asking that the backs are neat and tidy- with the option to put personal information on the back of them if you wish...

I will change the wording so it just says neat and tidy.. I'm not asking for heaps of work! Honest!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think like I mentioned on the other cj group, we should post whether or not we are putting them in a scrapbook with page protectors and the back will not be seen, or using the rings and the backs will be seen. I don't think you have to do much to the backs, maybe just some decorative patterned paper or something like that, it could even be old book pages, whatever. Now in the other group if someone is putting it in an album I am backing it with plain white cardstock. If they aren't going in am album probably old book pages since I have so many.
    Another thing, it would be nice to write something on the back about the photo, where you took it and why you chose that object to take the photo of.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh right, tidy I can do!
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the intro thread in response to my question:
    Quote Originally Posted by boatbird
    No Toy boats? anything like that?
    Anything else I can think of... ummm... big thick heavy ropes? anchors? is there somewhere on the lake the boats were tied up? one on a trailer? a canoe?

All we have to do is sort out mailing dates now- as it's the 25th September already (where did the month go???) is the first mailing date of 1st Nov too far away for everyone?
    Ah, yes, that's what I needed, ideas and options. I can work with this, definitely.

Mailing date of Nov 1 works perfectly for me.
    Now I guess I better read the thread.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibus View Post
    I don't understand why we must decorate the backs of the pages! That's now making it FOUR pages per month and in my album the backs won't be seen!
    It's also not in the OP I signed up to!
    This is what I have done in the past. I keep a small collection of plastic doilies on hand for just such occasions. I use them as stencils and sponge paint on to create the negative doily pattern on the paper. HERE is a sample of what I mean.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have an album (yet) so I would love you to put your info on the back- and where the photo was taken ideally! Love to know where you get your images from. Username and real name on the front if possible... tucked away in a corner.

Does anyone have any colours they don't want- I'm not sure yet what card I can buy to make the pages from and if I have a rough idea of what not to look for it might be easier!

MissKoolAid Guest
    I have no problems with colours and I haven't decided yet if I'll put them in an album or not so what I'd like is info about the photo on the back with your Username and Location also on the back. You can sign on the front below the photo and/or interpretation.

Boatbird, you might want to correct on January 2nd: I should be mailing to kysunflower, not Ibus.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not crazy about pink, my favourite colours are blues, violets, purples.
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKoolAid View Post
    Boatbird, you might want to correct on January 2nd: I should be mailing to kysunflower, not Ibus.
    Hehe oops- thanks for that! I was trying to get it done before work yesterday! Thank you!

And on the colours thing if anyone is wondering I'm not too keen on yellow but otherwise anything goes!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like all colors.
    What I don't like is anything cutesy or girlie (including fairies et al).
    I will swoon with pleasure over anything scientific. Otherwise, I love architecture, landscape, ethnic textiles, macros, interesting surface texture like peeling paint or corrosion or minerals or froth--that kind of thing.

If you select something that looks very abstract, can you write on the front what it is a photo of? Actually, the more information you give me about the photo object, like what it is, where it is and why you chose it, the better. Information is itself a treasure. So, for those of you that like to add text, here's an opportunity.

Thank you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh thats given me some cool ideas for you- thanks Theecoyote! I can't do macros with my camera but still... ideas are forming!

Thanks for the info everyone, I will send emails tomorrow!

Rachel is offline Finally … sunshine in Ohio!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also dislike cutesy or scrapbookie. I also dislike magazine pictures just glued onto a background and being called "collage." I love earth colors: browns, blues, greens.

On the back, I would also love where the picture was taken and why you took it.

Boatbird, was there a decision made as to the color of the 8 X 8 paper? My friend, Corrie, had done an example when she thought she was going to be the hostess and it was on black paper. It was beautiful as the picture stood out like on matting. Would anyone mind if I used black 8 X 8 paper?
    “Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.” ~E.B. White

MissKoolAid Guest
    Go for black I say! That way the background doesn't distract the eye from the photograph and the art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what color the background is. I think it should coordinate with or set off the focal image.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black would be cool- I asked about colours as I can't get pre-cut pages and have to look for sturdy card

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have an unused 8x8 album I am going t use for these two photo groups. So the backs don't need to be decorated at all, just artist info please.
    If no one has started yet, is it too late to change my theme? I wanted something to go along with the theme of the other group so they could go in the same album, and couldn't think of anything. But today I did, I'd love to be able to change my theme to church steeples.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of black for the backgrounds also , unless I use a picture that something else would high light it better.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gulp- of course you can change your theme.... but would you be okay with a minaret or the rounded church roofs they have here in Cyprus? None of the local churches have steeples... Greek Orthodox churches have bell-towers but rounded roofs!