Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: G-8 Second Photography and Artist Interpretation Circle Journal -Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey kysunflower- your pages arrived! Don't ask how but the postman had stuck them in with a bundle of post that our neighbour picked up and sorted out- she said she had been hanging onto them for a couple of days as she hadn't seen me and didn't realise my OH was indoors most of the time as he is so quiet! Still, they got here safe and sound and I will shortly be off to give you i-Traders for them!- they are lovely- thank you so much

Ibus is offline Granny to four gorgeous children!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Ibus and Thee Coyote, any word on when my pages will come?
    Sorry, I've been ill and not got out to take the photo I'd intended taking. I've found one I took of Buckingham Palace Gates, if you're happy with that I'll get it printed off and done, otherwise it'll be Saturday before I can get out, because they're finally coming tomorrow to fit our satellite dish, so having nagged for seven weeks, we'd better be in for them!
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buckingham Palace gates would be great, Ibus!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    weekly check in, I'm still here

MissKoolAid Inactive
    I'm alive too. Not much happening though.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine might be late going out. we're dealing with a winter storm, we had an ice storm with snow and more snow. We thankfully have electric, but half a million people don't, now the water plant doesn't have electric and we're ona boil and conserve order. It's a mess, and expecting more early next week. We even spent some time away from hoe as we didn't have water at all, couldn't flush the toilet so we had to leave. I'm just hoping we get full water service back soon and don't lose anything else next week.
    So mine will go out, but deal with everything here and I'm worn out and still having to keep going. If our electric goes at our house we'll be gone again, praying we don't have to go to a shelter.

MissKoolAid Inactive
    Yikes! That's no fun. I've lived through an ice storm about 10 years ago and it was rough. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boatbird View Post
    Rachel- hold off on my pages for a little- I am still out of work and had to ask to borrow money from my parents for the rent I am hoping the interview that was put back from Tuesday to Thursday will be worthwhile- but I'm just telling you not to rush at the moment as I can't guarantee being able to get things in the post just yet.
    BB, any word if you'll be getting my pages done soon?

Ibus and Thee Coyote, any word on my pages from the last two months?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, I'm about an hour south of Cleveland so I missed most of the ice and just got the 8 inches of snow. The county right below us though got the ice. Hope it all gets back to normal for you soon!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I will be doing your pages soon Rachel- its been too wet to get to the photo shop to get some photos printed out! I have a little money that someone sent me for swaps etc so I will be using that and hope to have your pages done and in the post by the end of the week.
    On the news side of things- I have a job offer and will be going in to see them on Monday to finalise details so with any luck I will have a pay cheque to look forwards to very soon. Its been very difficult not working and I can't wait to get back into again- also why I need to finish any swaps and trades I have owing as I will be shattered once I start working again as my body is just not used to it after 2 months out of work.
    Oh, and I'm going to be an assistant chef

MissKoolAid Inactive
    That's great news Boatbird! Will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rachel, I've got the photo printed out and on my desk, but I've been to ill to do any art at all. Coughing and sneezing and art just don't go together!
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please note that Carole Cadek has removed TheeCoyote from the listings for the next couple of months due to her inability to keep in touch with us all. Please do not send her any more pages until she has caught up with her commitments.

Ibus, I'm sorry but Carole has also told me that you need to catch up on the pages you owe before receiving anymore.

Please note any changes to the mailing order (ie pages that don't need to be made or sent just yet).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's fine BB, it's suits me better that way. I must also apologise as I have been labouring under a totally misguided time table, which is a month behind everyone else. I thought that by today was when I had to get Rachels pages out and am horrified to find it was beginning January. I do however fail to see how returning your pages will help Rachel, but if that's how you want to play it, I'll do as you ask.
    So, I'll only have Boatbirds' pages to show.
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, I found out today I have bronchitis, so I've not been faking illness to slide out of my commitments. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Ibus but I'm not asking you to send pages back!- and I know what its like to have bronchitis so you have my every sympathy (I have asthma too). I know that life has been getting in the way of everything and I am only passing on what the mods are telling me- you have been good about keeping in touch with everyone and I feel kind of helpless but its gone out of my hands now- all of the trades here are monitored by the powers that be don't forget!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know you aren't BB. The worst thing about this is I've been operating under the misconception that today was post day for Rachel, I've no idea where I lost the month, and I'm extremely embarrassed by this as it makes me even later with the others.
    It's not only this that's on hold, it seems to be my whole flipping life. I've still not managed to sort out my art stuff. Bit by bit, I've found the things that I need to do the pages and I've cleared a space ready to work.
    I've got examples for a swop I'd like to do half made, I can't even remember when last I looked at them, nevermind actually worked on them.
    I have a brand new sewing machine sat on my sewing table that I haven't even plugged in yet, much less used.
    I sometimes wish I had the ability to lie. I could have blithely said they were in the post and blamed the Postal system. Unfortunately, I can't do it, I feel like everyone can see the neon sign pointing with LIE in big flashing letters.
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ibus, I'm sorry but Carole has also told me that you need to catch up on the pages you owe before receiving anymore.
    This means I do not send the one for this month that I'm behind on anyway. You guys will post and let me know when I can send this, ok. thanks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup Donna take some time to recover from the horrible weather- I hope you are safe and warm.

Please note that a member has asked to be removed from this group- it is her request and I ask you not to discuss this here in the thread.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    checking in