Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G-9 The Altered Sunshine Journalers

fantasy firebird is offline Today I will create something more than a mess!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

G-9 The Altered Sunshine Journalers

Welcome to our circle journal group. I hope that you will all be very happy living here for the next 5 months (or so)!!
    Just to re-hash old information, we all need to post here weekly to let everyone know that we have't forgotten our circle pledge :
    "I promise faithfully to create pages of the chosen theme of my monthly partner, to the best of my artistic ability. I promise to post those created pages to my allocated partner by the correct date as stated in the swop information. I promise that I will keep everybody informed as to my progress, and should I have any problems that may result in late posting I will make sure that I send a message to my partner and the swop momma."
    Please remember that this pledge has to be recited whilst holding a paintbrush, a pencil and a pot of glue!!
    1. Lily Lemon - theme of "Girl Power"-- depictions of, quotes about, artists' personal definition of girl power and/or artist's journal entry on when she realized her girl power/ any other thoughts artist has on girl power, etc.Size 8 x 8 . I, too, would love to see "handmade" elements in the pages! I think I will collect them in a scrapbook/photo album for now and decide later whether to bind them. So, backs should probably be neat and tidy with artist info. As far as chunkiness : whatever you want to do is fine with me!
    2. goodmorningstarshine - pages to be 8 by 8, and for the theme to be fantasy. Not to be too dorky, but fantasy in the tradition of dungeons and dragons, such as dragons, elves, gnomes, fairies and the like
      I would like some element of my pages to be done by hand, too. I am a big fan of collage, but I really don't like receiving something that is just a computer page print out of someone else's art, so if you prefer to collage it, by all means collage it! I will be binding mine on the...hmm, I'll change it up and make it the top. Please leave the top inch or so without anything thick; I've messed up some pages trying to shove pages in! And if the backs could be pretty with scrapbook paper or the like, that would be swell.

Above all everybody PLEASE ENJOY this experience, it is designed to be FUN.

to be posted 1st week March 2009

isisjean to goodmorningstarshine
    Last edited by fantasy firebird; 04-02-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    I think i might be back!

Lily Lemon Guest
    I found us!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Altered Sunshine sounds so happy! I'm happy! Happy to be a member of altered sunshine!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup have to agree I liked both suggestions of Altered sunshine and the Moonlight one I even tried to join the two together LOL we will just have to run a sequel !!
    I think i might be back!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so funny story. I have some real short term (and long term, for that matter) memory issues. It wasn't until you just wrote about Altered Sunshine and Moonlight Masterpiece that I realized that I thought of those. Of course it makes me happy; that's why I made it up! Duh, Crystal!

Lily Lemon Guest
    To get in the spirit, I made a cover and page for my own journal! Now I feel ready to start working on alteredmommy's pages! I have ideas brewing but need to get a couple other pesky things out of the way forst.

Question: I did read somewhere that it's two pages. Is that right?

Thanks!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Lemon View Post

Question: I did read somewhere that it's two pages. Is that right?

Thanks!
    Yes that's right! now the pages can be joined i.e. a continuation of the picture/theme using the 2 page spread as your full art space OR you can do 2 separate pages, but both obviously covering the set theme. Having just read that even to me who knows what I meant before I wrote it, it's clear as mud!!!
    I think i might be back!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    read the post twice before i actually clicked the link to here....duh!

love the name, love the themes and have made a start....
    Taking a break....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any idea what the secret to leading a good, happy life is?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmorningstarshine View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the secret to leading a good, happy life is?
    mmm......tough one......chocolate, maybe?
    Taking a break....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't think I'm the one able to answer that question at the moment!!! If you find out the answer let me know = better lat than never LOL
    I think i might be back!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I was afraid of that...you are all are saving your secrets to a good happy life until you have to do journalling!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should talk more. I'm finished with one of isisjean's pages. I journalled. Is everyone proud?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    well done goodmorningsunshine....I'm stressing about isisjean's pages and i haven't finished yours yet! I'm over halfway through my first page - nearly completed the artwork, then a bit of journalling to do. I have the basic sketch done on my second page, so not too bad. Hopefully I'll get some more done tomorrow (my only day off this week!)
    Taking a break....

Lily Lemon Guest
    I have one of alteredmommy's pages drawn and ready to paint. I have some ideas for the other page. I think hers is the hardest topic/theme!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I am all ready for hers! Or at least one of hers. It's the journaling thing that's killing me here. I've never journaled before. I haven't been in a circle journal before, either, so I'm not really sure my page is the type of thing we are supposed to be doing, anyway. I searched all over the internets, but there aren't very many examples that don't look like a bunch of scrapbooking elements arranged in a visually pleasing manner. (Not that there's anything wrong with that or anything).

Are we all going to post pictures of our work so we can help each other, or we will we wait until we send them to our partners. I feel like I need guidance!

Lily Lemon Guest
    Isn't that funny! 'cause I think I could take on "The Good Life."

I would love it if we would post but I'll wait to see what FF says!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    POST ON my little friends!! There each of you are thinking that yours is the worst - and you are ALL WRONG!!! Girl power!! It would be all right if I didn't keep thinking of the Spice Girls - yuck!!!!
    When I did the pages on Nickys group I stressed out the whole time over her theme Venetian carnivale, I panicked I worried I started numerous pages prior to needing to - and the result??? Well if I say so myself it was one of the better pages (doesn't say much for the others LOL)
    I would love you all to post as much as you want to - pictures included, we could be a self help circle journal group!!
    Don't worry about getting the go ahead for things from me - I am a very laid back momma!! As long as everyone is happy and shows their faces here so we know you are all around you can chatter on for all you're worth!! It will be nice to be able to have a thread to visit where there is something happening each day.
    Oh and by the way - I haven't even started!!!!!
    I think i might be back!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the journalling aspect of some themes is going to be the hardest as I rarely/never write about my personal feelings...I suppose we should look at it as some kind of therapy....a chance to get things off our chests....
    Taking a break....

Lily Lemon Guest
    FF, I'm sorry if you're having trouble with my theme! A couple of different ways to think of it/options would be:

Strong women
    how little girls grow into powerful women
    images of female strength
    your own experiences discovering girl power/ growing into a strong woma
    quotes from and about....

etc.

Let me know if this is still troublesome!