ART DECO – Fill in the Blanks (Due January 15, 2009)

C

CattyCat

Inactive
ART DECO – Fill in the Blanks Sign-up Closed
(Due January 15, 2009)

Swap Due Date: January 15, 2009
Sign-up November 22, 2008
Withdraw Date: December 10, 2008
Number of ATCs: 9fer9
Number of Participants: Open
5 International (Non-USA) players

I GIVE ALL iTRADER POINTS WHEN THE SWAP IS CLOSED AND I HAVE MAILED THE CARDS OUT.

EDITS TO CLARIFY MY WRITE UP WILL BE DONE IN “RED” here in this post. So feel free to ask questions in the thread. I’m sure I will have forgotten something you need to know.

The idea of this swap is for you to end up with 9 ATCs from 9 different players that fit together in a baseball card sleeve so as to reflect the original ART DECO design. (See a couple examples below.)

IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ORIENT EACH OF THE CARDS CORRECTLY. LOOK AT THE IMAGE BELOW AND MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM RIGHT. UPSIDE DOWN CARDS JUST WILL NOT WORK.

BASICS ABOUT THE SWAP:
• Post here on the thread to join the swap.
PM me to get my address when ready to send me your 9 ATCs.
• I will add your name to the list of participants at the bottom of this post. If you do not see your name added, please PM me to remind me.
• You are encouraged to post your ATCs here on the thread, but it is not mandatory. It is just fun to see what others are doing.
Know that ATCs will be swapped out by “luck of the draw”. I do not assume to know what anyone wants nor am I qualified to judge quality, so I let it be fate that decides.
• Also, when you receive your swapped out ATCs back, please, please, please, remember to give each trader you receive an ATC from their RepPoint. It is nice to know who got the ATCs you make.

MAKING ATCs FOR THIS SWAP:
• When you sign up I will immediately mail you the 9 ART DECO templates you will be using (see below). No substitutions will be acceptable.
• When you get the templates from me in the mail, if you have a way to, make a copy of them just in case one gets messed up some how, or you don't approve of what you do to it, you will have another to fall back on and I won't have to mail a 2nd one. But if you don't have any way to make a copy, and something goes wrong, let me know which one you need and I will mail it off to you.
• If you do not have a printer I will mail them to you ASAP.
Back your ATCs with at least a playing card (un-backed ATCs will be returned) • Using the now backed, 9 templates I sent to you, now you create 9 “stand alone” ATCs on them.
All ATCs are to be your best work. Don’t send something you wouldn’t want to receive yourself.
o You are free to do collage, pen, colored pencils, acrylic, watercolor
(only minor/flat embellishments please). If you have other ideas of
mediums to us, please PM me. I may add it to the above list.
o No wax or other thick mediums to be used please.
o No color crayons please.
o Do not cover very much of the 9 templates existing original ART DECO
design. The idea is for the 9 ATCs you receive to fit together so as
to have the original ART DECO design predominantly still visible and
thus unify the 9 ATCs into one large overall image.
The following traders contact information must be on the back of each of your ATCs
1. Real name
2. AFA nic name
3. Name of the Swap
4. Your location on this planet
5. Email is optional

ABOUT MAILING YOUR ATCs TO ME:
SLEEVE: ATCs are to be mailed to me in a 3 x 3 protective sleeves. I will return your swap ATCs in the sleeve you send.
ENVELOPE: When mailing your 9 ATCs to me, please include the swap name and your AFA nic on the lower back of the enve you are mailing your ATCs to me in.
ENVELOPE: When mailing your 9 ATCs to me, please remember to include a SASE (legal size, not letter) with at least 2 @ 42 cents (for 2 ozs) and 1 @ 20 cents (hand cancel) stamp worth of postage stamps on it.
NON-USA PLAYERS PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENVELOPE OR STAMPS – I WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT.

Now let’s go make some really beautiful ART DECO ATCs.

(BLUE = I've received your ATCs)
PARTICIPANTS
1. CattyCat
2. Elena
3. XrayPinky
4. egod
5. Chatty
6. artsygemini
7. NYJunkie
8. Rina
9. NancyL
10. Stormarela
11. anne
12. WendyK
13. kat
14. Patti
15. Rooskie
16. terryart
17. KaHeD
18. Colorfuldayz
19. Ibus
20. Bright-Spark
21. messmaker
22. Sunny
23. stampingsandy
24. Corrie04
25. DewArt

Here is the ART DECO design you will be working with. and 2 examples of an ART DECO 9fer9 I hosted on another site. It should give you an idea of what your returned 9 might look like. Click on it to make it larger.

Last edited:
Oh thanks you so much Elena. That will teach me to use my last write up. Yikes. That would have been such a mess. I'm on the ground kissing the ground you walk on, can you tell.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ELENA & IBUS you are both in and on the list below.

I'd like to join! This sounds fun! Can you send me the templates soon, I'd like to see if I can get some creativity going! I already have ideas floating in my brain! lol

So, are we basically filling in the white space?

If that is what you want to do, it would be fine. On the other hand if you look at the samples at the bottom of the write up you can see that more was done than only working with the white spaces.

I kinda thought it would be fun to do some zentangling to a couple of the ATCs. But then we all know me and zentangles. LOL

Are you going to play XrayPinky?

This looks fun - I've played in this type of swap before (9 cards that form one picture).

Sadly, I am not allowing myself to join any new swaps at the moment...need to catch up other commitments first.

But I'll be watching!! :D

Oh and you have till the 22nd to change your mind.

This looks fun - I've played in this type of swap before (9 cards that form one picture).

Sadly, I am not allowing myself to join any new swaps at the moment...need to catch up other commitments first.

But I'll be watching!! :D

okay I can't resist! I think these would be so pretty framed. I am pming you as I have no printer right now. Sign me up!

omg, this sounds like soooooooooooo much fun :) can i join?

No wax - horror :twitcy: It's a cool idea for a swap (I'm not signing up btw)

Well, then I guess we just have to miss you. I'm glad you stated it the way you did, I was about to just automatically sign you up. :wubclub:

I'd like to play, please! What a cool idea.

Back
Top Bottom