Thread: Artist Choice of Media CJ GroupForming! -Full

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Artist Choice of Media CJ GroupForming! -Full

New Circle Journal Group - needing players
    Artist Choice of Media & Size!

We are now FULL!!!

I would like 5 players to come join me in an open media circle journal group. As there are no open groups at the moment I thought I would open a new one.

International welcome!

I would like player to have a minimum of 15 i-trader points and 100%. This may seem harsh but a circle journal group requires a serious commitment of 5 months, and we need to be sure that none of the players flake.

If you are new to CJing - Before committing to play I suggest you read the rules around circle journals just to make you understand what you are signing up for.
    For those not familiar with Journal Pages - a good and clear explanation is given here: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024
    Nice examples of Journal pages, created by members of ATCsforALL can be found here: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?c=5

You will be making a two page spread OR a front & back (artist choice) each month and mailing it to the person you are assigned to. Please put time and effort into these pages. Each one is like a making a regular painting and is certainly not on the same level as making an ATC or two.

The group is limited to 6 participants. Once I have my 5 players we can decide on what we will be called, and I will open a new thread.

When you sign up please can you let us know what theme you want your pages to be. Please think of the theme, size and orientation you would like. Journal spread sizes 8x8 , 6x6 , 4x8 , etc.

Please also list preferences as to media and which medias you don't want (leaving a fairly open choice of media for others).

When you join a circle journal group, please remember that you are signing up for a long haul swap. You have to be prepared to complete your pages and post them to your monthly partner in good time. I want this to be a fun event, I don't want it to feel like you are having to do that hated homework on time - we must all enjoy the experience, and to do this we all have to promise to keep everyone informed about where we are at throughout the event.

When finished with each month's pages please post pics to the thread (if you have a camera or scanner).

I must insist that all players pm me their name, address and contact email and phone number.

I do hope that some of you will wish to join me - I am waiting for your message!!

1. crftyscrapper - 8x8 - two page spread - on watercolor paper please. I would like inspirational quotes/poems with whatever scenery or picturing you think would go best with the text. Hand-drawn, handpainted, and mixed media are all welcomed! (prefer no collage) Please put your info on the front in an inconspicous place so when I assemble my book I will still know who did what!

2. Bright-Spark - I would like 8 x 8 two page spreads on the theme of the female body. -- It could be an interpretation of the classical shape of a female body, it could be a collage of a vintage nude, a celebration of the way women dress. It's about how wonderful women are.... Any media, hand drawn, hand painted or collage accepted.

3. Turquoise - I would like and 8x8 two page spread please in the theme of : Legends, Spookiness and Folklore. I suppose basically you can call it a Paranormal Journal? -- I am interested in Folklore, Urban Legends, Crypzoology (SP?), Haunted places, General spookiness. Examples include stuff like: Bigfoot, Salem, Erzebeth Bathory, Sawny Bean, Leprechans, Witch, Mother Shipton, The Bell Witch, Mothman, Bloody Mary, Vampires, Sweeny Todd, Werewolves etc. etc.. I am open to really anything within the theme, the only thing I don't want is made up stuff from the movies, like it has to have been a real legend or story passed down. --I am open to all kinds of media, and mediums. I like handrawn, collage, fabric, stamps...anything really, once it looks nice

4. Nicky - 8x8 - two page spread - Hand-drawn, handpainted is my preference (not too keen on collage). Theme: Witches and Wizards (would love to expand my collection on this since the last time the results were amazing!).

5. micromummy - 8x8 pages and the theme to be anything vintage with a romantic aspect. Colours, materials, dangly bits, ribbons, bows or anything collage I would love.

6. Norabear - I would like stars. Anything to do with stars. They are beautiful and fill me with hope and joy. Any media. Hrm, size. Looks like everyone is doing 8x8, so I'll do that size as well.
    Last edited by crftyscrapper; 01-09-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, me please!

I would like 8 x 8 two page spreads on the theme of the female body.

Any media, hand drawn, hand painted or collage accepted. I like words included in Art....

Hope this is okay?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Bright-Spark!!

You are very quick on the draw (LOL) This new thread has only been up about a half and hour!
    Last edited by crftyscrapper; 12-31-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bright-Spark - could you explain your theme a little better? I am not sure what you are looking for. I would like to be able to do your theme justice, so I need a little more info.
    Last edited by crftyscrapper; 12-31-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah well, I am not sure myself.....

It could be an interpretation of the classical shape of a female body, it could be a collage of a vintage nude, a celebration of the way women dress. It's about how wonderful women are....

Don't suppose that helps at all, does it?

Turquoise Guest
    Hi

I would love to join in, I have always wanted to be a part of a circle journal and it would be a great opportunity to improve my art work, May I please join? ...

I would like and 8x8 two page spread please in the theme of : Legends, Spookiness and Folklore. I suppose basically you can call it a Paranormal Journal?

I am interested in Folklore, Urban Legends, Crypzoology (SP?), Haunted places, General spookiness. Examples include stuff like: Bigfoot, Salem, Erzebeth Bathory, Sawny Bean, Leprechans, Witch, Mother Shipton, The Bell Witch, Mothman, Bloody Mary, Vampires, Sweeny Todd, Werewolves etc. etc.. I am open to really anything within the theme, the only thing I don't want is made up stuff from the movies, like it has to have been a real legend or story passed down.

I hope this theme is ok, I have made it as broad as possible. If the theme is waay too hard, I can change it no problem

I am open to all kinds of media, and mediums. I like handrawn, collage, fabric, stamps...anything really, once it looks nice

katilady is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to join. 8x8 spread please. I would like my theme to be Anne Sexton. Any medium, whichever you feel you do your best work in.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bright-Spark - yes, that does help quite a bit!

Welcome Turquoise!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still got a spot left? I would love to take it...
    8x8 - two page spread - Hand-drawn, handpainted is my preference (not too keep on collage). Theme: Witches and Wizards (would love to expand my collection on this since the last time the results were amazing!).
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Nicky!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Only need two more players folks!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops... the text in my description part should read... (not too KEEN on collage)... nasty slip of the fingers on this keyboard of mine but I'm sure people will understand
    And I sure hope that we'll find two players soon.... can't wait to get started
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking about it. My only concern is for the no collage pieces. That means my less than novice drawing and painting skills would be challenged.
    Hosting:
    TBA

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Norabear - just keep in mind that a challenge is good for you and we're not very demanding - are we girls? The result for me is less important than the fact that you really tried to create something worthwhile for me and I assume it's the same for the other ladies here. Why not jump in and join the fun in the first month of 2009? The year will never be the same again -
    Hope to see you on the list!
    Seeya , Nicky

micromummy Guest
    Hi, I'd like to join please. I would prefer 8x8 pages and the theme to be anything vintage with a romantic aspect. Colours, materials, dangly bits, ribbons, bows or anything collage I would love.
    Norabear - you could have a ball doing collage on mine!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I'll do it!

I would like stars. Anything to do with stars. They are beautiful and fill me with hope and joy. Any media. Hrm, size. Looks like everyone is doing 8x8, so I'll do that size as well.
    Hosting:
    TBA

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, micromummy & Norabear!!!

We are now full. Does anyone have any suggestions for our group name?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I say "prefer no collage" I do mean "prefer" NOT "I don't want collage at all"

If you think you can do a smash up job with collage and only a mediocre job with drawn or painted ..... well, use your discretion! :grin:

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do people typically use for the background? I have watercolor paper and Bristol board. Are those heavy enough?
    Hosting:
    TBA

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I specifically requested watercolor paper, but if no one states a preference I think both are heavy enough.