Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Digital Collage RR/Jam

hogret Guest
    I have just discovered you guys! Such a cool idea. How do I join?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Wild goose...anything you can possibly think of to do to the background is allowed...including underlayers, changing opacity etc.

And hogret....Welcome!!.....Just post that you are starting a new 3 man group and someone will be along shortly to join you and you can start working on a background....sound good?

hogret Guest
    Ok - I'm starting a three woman group! I'll start working on a background - ATC dimensions, right? In jpg. But how many pixels?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cdraz - yes. i only sent you one. sorry to have been unclear. that one is the one we all 3 worked on. so it's finished unless you two want to go another round on it. i also sent that one to WildGoose.

also to WildGoose i sent my background - or starter. ...which actually has the same image in it that i used to finish the one i sent back to both of you. my starter started different even tho it utilized the same image, where it ends up - cool.

WildGoose - as Cdraz said, i think anything you wish to do to it is appropriate. personally i try to leave some sense of what others have done in the piece. ...at least to some degree - but that's just me. (the part Cdraz did with your starter background worked so well with that Nene when i tried it that i didnt do some of the other things i thought about - i like the way the entire piece went together too). so do what you would like to do to the starter bg i sent to you... layers under, over or in between... what ever that might be... or anything else. i dont think digital painting is at all necessary for it. so go with your ideas and let's see what happens, you may discover and show us all a way to do something we've never even thought of. cool on that. and you are welcome on the dpi info. that's not what everyone does or has to do of course - it's the way i've found that i like to work so i use it. ... and i am just passing it along for anyone who wants it or wants to try it that way. if it makes sense and you want to try it or use it - cool, it's yours. if not, just chuck it aside and do it the way you want to do it. my philosophy is take what works for you and let the rest go until you think it might be something you want to try. that's what i do. ...along with trying to have fun of course...

welcome hogret - i like the idea of a 3 being group myself. but heck go for the group you want. and/or invite others in. the more beings the better - imo. you're in already as far as i'm concerned - go for it.
    Last edited by Wrick; 02-11-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    aloha hogret

i saw your question about size and dpi. i've been talking about that with some of the others here. Cdraz thought may be some of it would be of interest in reply to your question. so...

this is basically how i go about it.

i start the ATC as a 5 x 7 @300dpi - because it's easier to work large first and then make it smaller when it's time to print it as an ATC. 5 x 7 is good because by reducing - resizing - it in half it becomes an ATC in size - 2.5 x 3.5.

i've found that sometimes emails change that 300 dpi to 72 dpi and then the 5 x 7 becomes 10 x 14 or something like that - in most image programs you should be able to change the dpi back to 300 if you want to and if the size and dpi are connected then the size will go back to a 5 x 7 image too.

i pass on what i do to the next person in the RR in the largest file size i have - a 5 x 7 @ 300dpi - is usually the way i'd send something. if someone starts out smaller than that, then that smaller size is the largest it can be without becoming pixelated quickly by trying to make something small go larger... i use gmail because it can handle that 5 x 7 @ 300 dpi size easily.

when you are ready to print something you can disconnect the size and dpi in your image program when you are resizing the file/image. then change the size to 2.5 x 3.5 - the dpi will remain at 300 which is great for printing photographic quality in ATC sizes on good machines. so you should be able to print a digital ATC size image that looks great. that's what i do - i take that ATC size to a commercial photo printing system. - i can do 2 ATCs on one 4 x 6 inch reprint that way. i make a file that has two ATCs side by side (with a little space in between) centered in the 4 x 6 space. that way i can then cut the photo myself and have two ATCs. the photo printer place i use has machines and processes that are rated at archival for 250 years. which is long enough for me. ...at least it is right now. . .

i hope this helps. if i've been unclear about something let me know and i'll try to explain it better. have fun. aloha - Wrick
    Last edited by Wrick; 02-11-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: trying to be clear.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did great Wrick..............hogret, I asked him to reply because I knew he would have the know-how and the words to make it all clear. Thanks, Wrick!
    So if you have any questions, you can put it here, or PM us too.
    cdraz

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would LOVE to get in on this... This is exactly my forte.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So then it will be hogret

And then AxisOfAnarchy

And one more....................anybody?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh good. yw, Cdraz - and hogret too.

sometimes it's hard to know if i'm making something clear or just think i'm making it clear because i think i understand what i thought i was saying.

if something isnt clear or you want (or any one wants) more elaboration... ask, yes. asking here and replying here is a good way to clue others in too. if one person would like more info someone else probably will sometime as well.

thanks for the rep points hogret.

currently i need to keep working on several things through next week at least (altho with art time i never really know with great precision about t.i.m.e.). after that i'll probably be able to play again.
    Last edited by Wrick; 02-12-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: too many "too"s

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to say I"ll be able to work on my part of the rr this week-end...hope to send it on by Sunday!
    Cheers to All,
    Chris/WildGoose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool WildGoose - sometimes life jumps in, up and down and i cant get to things as soon as i think i can so no worries about time - just be having fun (imo).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cdraz and Wrick...Here's the layers added for part 2

Just occured to me I sent to you as a PSD, Cdraz!
    I"ll send on a high Res Jpeg!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool WildGoose. it's interesting to see what happens like this. thank you for showing it.

have fun on it Cdraz.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished that RR...Wrick and Wildgoose.....................................if you don't get it, let me know.............
    Hogret and AxisofAnarchy..............how is yours progressing, did you find a 3rd?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cdraz & WildGoose - i like the way that nene came out. cool. just so you know, i sent my original starter to another digital friend as well - it is amazing to see the different pathways that a piece might take.

...i also promise to try not to put so much going on in that first background starter next time! still... fun. and thank you for playing.

i'm making great progress on a number of projects. i may be able to play if a group really needs a 3rd but would like others to play before i do...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice and very fitting border to finish it up with , CDRAZ!

Now I"ll be last one to add something, right?

( PS- the nice and relaxed rate we're doing these suits me just fine )!
    Last edited by WildGoose; 03-03-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: addition
    http:www.wildgoosewanderings.blogspot.com
    Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time - Thomas Merton
    My APC AD #12 :http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17880

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WildGoose - i thought you had already added to that ATC. if you didnt then yes, go ahead and add more. if you did add something already AND you want to add something more, i'm fine with that too. - we've been adding to a piece once - basically one round - but i dont see any reason why we cant add more until we all feel it's finished. so imo, go for it if you have an idea that you want to try.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry,No, WRICK- I meant one last go-round-

I"ve been 1st and 2d in a go-round , but not yet 3rd ( last to add )..
    So I"ve been involved in 2-now finished- and anticipating the 3rd to make the circle complete, right?
    http:www.wildgoosewanderings.blogspot.com
    Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time - Thomas Merton
    My APC AD #12 :http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17880

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just added myself to be third with hogret and AxisofAnarchy...........so let the fun begin!

Hogret
    AxisofAnarchy
    cdraz

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh! you are right WildGoose.

i have an empty folder for your starter in our group Cdraz - did you send it and may be i missed it? or did i miss place it?? yikes that could easily be. i will look more thoroughly when i return (see the FYI below).

for our RR with WildGoose i think the order was:

WildGoose
    Cdraz
    Wrick

FYI:
    just so you know, for now something has come up and i'll be away for about a week - i leave later today. you can send me something or resend it any time and i will get it when i return and then work on it after that. i may not have net access, so if you dont hear from me more on this until i return that is why.