Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Collage RR/Jam

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are we doing in the 3rd and fourth groups.......if we are done please post the finished ATCs here or let Sunny know that the group is completed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    group 3 - Lois has been on vacation. I'm awaiting her work on yours and mine. I think Lois' was completed.
    group 3 - Mine has been completed. I have worked on yours and I think it has been completed, and still awaiting fireraven's.
    Last edited by Patti; 03-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.

FireRaven Guest
    Hey...forgive my confusion, but for some reason I thought I was done. Patti, can you clue me on whose card I need to complete? If I forget, or seem a bit loopy -- I broke my ankle in a fall last Sunday night and am still hopped up on pain meds but good.

So this will be interesting...making art while on some goooood drugs. Anyway, please let me know. I didn't mean to flake on our group. Thanks.

Blue skies and blessings,
    -FireRaven

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    fireraven, I believe that you need to do a starter card and send it to Cdraz to work on who then will send it to me to work on and then it goes home to you completed. You worked on mine and Cdraz' already. So as far as I can tell, it's only yours needs doing in group 4.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached is the SECOND segment of the third ATC in the third group -- which I think Patti will complete. (Did that confuse any one else?? It did me! I made a "finished" ATC before realizing I was only supposed to do the second bit, so I have a "duet" on this background as well as a "RoundRobin".)

I don't have the second ATC yet. (Some of my emails were trashed last month and it may have been in there; do if you sent any thing, please re-send.) It should have been Patti's bluegreen+fairymermaid background, modified by cdraz/ceedee .
    Last edited by Lois; 03-22-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: oops. changed image & text
    Join us with American-style haiku? Three threads now ...
    Ku Challenge: Cats and Ku Challenge: Following On and Ku thread for fun...
    My new art is at: gotouring.com/art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patti and fireRaven.................here are the 3 we have been working on.................
    The first one is FR's background and worked on by me so I will send to you Patti
    The second one with the dragonfly was started by me and finished and the 3rd one was started by Patti is also finished.
    Last edited by cdraz/ceedee; 01-21-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Sunny Guest
    Sorry I haven't been around the last few days - I'm a bit under the weather. I hope to be back around later this week at the latest.

Sunny Guest
    Ok, I'm feeling better now. Here is Jonquil's background, hers plus my additions, and my background.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    those are really wonderful!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the completed digital card for Cdraz I will email the full JPG file to you Cdraz.
    Attachment 23587

I'm still working on fireraven's card on which I am doing the final piece.
    Last edited by Patti; 05-09-2009 at 10:23 PM.

FireRaven Guest

Just in Case

Hey All...

Just in case I totally spaced out and really didn't send CeeDee an ATC back -- strange cuz I was first in the group -- I just sent her a new one by email a few minutes ago. It took me a few days to play around with ideas...this broken ankle has had me both snarky and sleepy at the same time.

In any case, I'm attaching a thumbnail so that ya can all see it. It's called "Twilight Batik." Please enjoy!

Off to my bed now...

FireRaven/K

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    that looks fabulous Sunny
    5000 Poppies Project - PM me

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    jonquil, did you get my background?

Sunny Guest
    Wow, great work everyone. I don't know about the rest of you, but doing this has allowed me to learn a lot more about my photo program. Yesterday I learned how to use the gradient tool - I hadn't even known what the gradient tool was! I suck at learning everything all at once, but having individual projects to work on has allowed me to take it one step at a time, and have patience.

Anyone else have any learning/creativity breakthroughs?

jonquil is offline the Snarky Queen is Back!!!!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    seeking forart I have your background - will be working on it this weekend and passing it on
    5000 Poppies Project - PM me

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the one you started and CeeDee has worked on. I'm still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireRaven View Post
    Hey All...

Just in case I totally spaced out and really didn't send CeeDee an ATC back -- strange cuz I was first in the group -- I just sent her a new one by email a few minutes ago. It took me a few days to play around with ideas...this broken ankle has had me both snarky and sleepy at the same time.

In any case, I'm attaching a thumbnail so that ya can all see it. It's called "Twilight Batik." Please enjoy!

Off to my bed now...

FireRaven/K

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is FireRaven's card after CeeDee's addition and mine. I don't have FireRaven's email address. If you'll let me have it, I'll forward the original to you.

Attachment 23849
    Last edited by Patti; 04-25-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is super!! Please send me a finished copy also....and then I believe we finished the "FireRaven, Patti, Cdraz" group.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Group 3 is now complete also......Thanks for participating, loved the ATCs!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    ... A couple of times I've gotten photos ... that seem kind of dark when I look at them on my computer. I lighten 'em up, but they say the pics are washed out. And when I print them, they look washed out too. ...
    One of the things to keep in mind is that operating systems handle images differently. So what looks "good" on Windows might look "bad" on Mac and vice versa. (Linux OS is somewhere in the middle.) This was something we always had to keep in mind when designing websites. (They also define font "points" differently; so what looks right in Windows is too tiny to read in Mac. One reason to resist specifying "point-size" when making webpages -- or in email!)

I would suggest having someone send you BOTH an image AND a print of the same thing -- one that looks "too dark" -- and then adjust your monitor to lighten up and give you something on screen that matches the PRINT you have from them. Once it looks close, then YOU print out the image and see if your print matches theirs. Re-check your monitor and perhaps fine tune it so that WHAT YOU SEE ON THE SCREEN matches what you are printing out.

I hope that description makes sense. If you want to talk more about this (or would like me to talk you thru it) feel free to phone me at 530-758-5058.

-- Lois Richter, Davis Calif.
    Last edited by Lois; 07-24-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Join us with American-style haiku? Three threads now ...
    Ku Challenge: Cats and Ku Challenge: Following On and Ku thread for fun...
    My new art is at: gotouring.com/art.