Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G-12-PAI (ROUND 2) CIRCLE JOURNAL GROUP - 1ST MAIL DATE: APRIL 1

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

G-12-PAI (ROUND 2) CIRCLE JOURNAL GROUP - 1ST MAIL DATE: APRIL 1

Welcome to Round II everyone! The first one was a blast and I'm glad to see some of the original members and some new faces!

Just to recap how everything works...

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (5"x5" or larger) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Nitty Gritty Details:
    Original photos only
    Photo must be 5x5 or larger.

If using charcoal or some other fun, "messy" medium, please be sure to spray some type of (non-sticky) sealant to protect your art and the other page.
    Please decorate the back of your pages (no white pages) and include your user name, real name, and any other information that you wish to include.

Please try to remember to post scans of your pages before you mail them out (if able).

When mailing, please protect each journal page by placing WAX PAPER (or similar) between your pages to keep the pages from sticking together

Please check in at least once a week, so that we know you're alive and kickin'! If you'll be away from the internet (*gasp*), please let us know so that we don't worry.

Please give your partner an itrader point. If you don't receive a page for that month, your partner will need to get a NEGATIVE point and they will be removed from the group (per the moderators.)

The mail dates will be the 1st of each month. So our first mail date will be April 1.

Our mailing partners are listed below. (See the bottom of the message for everyone's theme.) When you mail out your pages, please make a note in the thread! Thanks!

Mailing Partners will be posted shortly.

Aug 1

Corrie mails to Katilady

1. Corrie04 - Theme: "Fallin' Apart" - Open to interpretation
    Preferences: My pages are going in an 8x8 photo album. No need to leave binding space, nor do you need to decorate the backs.

2. Rachel - Theme: Pathways (any type - Literal or figurative)
    Preferences: "Preferably 8X8 BLACK paper; will be in an album so don't worry about the backs; on the front, would love for you to write about where you took the photo, what interested you about it, etc... name and where you're from on the front somewhere preferably in white pen to go against the black paper."

3. Bright-Spark - Theme: Trees
    Preferences: "I have no preferences, as I haven't made up my mind on how I am going to display these yet, I thought I would wait until they all came together and inspired me!"

4. Kysunflower - withdrew.

5. Katilady - Theme: Antique Stores
    Preferences: "I have no idea how I will bind them so if you can do minimal deco on the back that would be great, with info please. Mixed media is my preference, but I trust your judgment."

Last edited by corrie04; 08-15-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Goodbye 70lbs... 15 more to goal

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    corrie04, thanks for getting this going again!!

Yikes Crftyscrapper, don't know how I am going to take a photo of a Coneflower??? I better go and do some research!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Spark View Post
    corrie04, thanks for getting this going again!!

Yikes Crftyscrapper, don't know how I am going to take a photo of a Coneflower??? I better go and do some research!
    That is why I expanded the flower selection! I figure if all else fails everyone could at least take pics of regular daisies! (I hope)

If you don't have access to any flower of this type pm me and we can come up with something different - OR - post some of your favorite pics and I will choose one. HEY!!!! That is actually a great idea! I would LOVE to choose a picture out of everyone else's favorite pictures!!!!!

Hey Corrie, Can I change my theme to include the above idea?????

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure thing, Crfty!

Anyone can change their theme up to March 1.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, if you were not in the first round, please remember to PM me your address, phone, and email address.

katilady is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corrie do you have my addy? Or should I send it again along with my # and email?

Crftyscrapper: We have coneflowers here, but they may not be in bloom when it is time to do your pages. Just to clarify, if we can't do coneflowers we can post, say 3 or 4, of our random faves for you to choose from?

As for my preferences, I have no idea how I will bind them so if you can do minimal deco on the back that would be great, with info please. Mixed media is my preference, but I trust your judgment.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by katilady View Post
    Crftyscrapper: We have coneflowers here, but they may not be in bloom when it is time to do your pages. Just to clarify, if we can't do coneflowers we can post, say 3 or 4, of our random faves for you to choose from?
    You got it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    crftyscrapper, thanks for adding to your original theme. I checked, there are coneflowers here (I just didn't know them by that name) however, they only flower between July and October. I know I don't have an existing picture, so I am stuck.

I think I would have similar problem with any similar daisy type flower, although I see I am only mailing to you on 1 July. This means I will have to do a photo reccie in June. I still that will be too early for these flowers to be in full bloom.

I take lots of photos of flowers, in fact spend a fair amount of time at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh, so I would be able to do flowers, just not sure about daisies, and not sure if you have expanded your theme to be so general as 'all flowers'? I have a couple of flower photos in my gallery, please check them out - Hydrangea, Blue Poppy and Bee Orchid.
    Last edited by Bright-Spark; 02-15-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Spark View Post
    not sure if you have expanded your theme to be so general as 'all flowers'?
    It doesn't have to be just flowers anymore. Post up at least 4 photos of your favorites of anything and I will choose the one I like best. I will go look at you flowers anyway though.

Rachel is offline Finally sunshine in Ohio!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kati--[SIZE="7"]EGGS!?!?[/SIZE] You're killing me!!

Corrie, my preferences are: preferably 8X8 BLACK paper; will be in an album so don't worry about the backs; on the front, would love for you to write about where you took the photo, what interested you about it, etc... name and where you're from on the front somewhere preferably in white pen to go against the black paper (I can't help it--I'm OCD)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, so much for the size option working

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and to further add to my craziness today: I am changing my theme to PATHWAYS. Pick any path you want--through the woods, in the city, I don't care. You can also put your own twist on the theme if you don't want to go literal.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crftyscrapper View Post
    It doesn't have to be just flowers anymore. Post up at least 4 photos of your favorites of anything and I will choose the one I like best. I will go look at you flowers anyway though.
    Phew, phew, phew.......

I think that is a great idea! I must admit that I dithered a couple of times in round one whether the recipient would like the photo I had chosen, and thought I might have to post a couple of photos to the thread so they could choose.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corrie do you have my addy? Or should I send it again along with my # and email?
    Kati - I think I have your address in the moleskine book, but will you send it here, so I can save it in a folder, please?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for Rachel, I am gonna change my theme to Antique Stores. Go to your fave store and photograph any fun finds there! Or the outside of the store. Or the clerks. Whateva!

PMing you now Corrie!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Oh, and to further add to my craziness today: I am changing my theme to PATHWAYS. Pick any path you want--through the woods, in the city, I don't care. You can also put your own twist on the theme if you don't want to go literal.
    Hrm...how 'bout birth canals?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, I liked eggs............But, I like antique stores even more!! ha!

I feel I am really boring. I may have to rethink my trees

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hrm...how 'bout birth canals?
    Please tell me how you are going to get a picture of a birth canal!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I took pics of niece of being born! Though my sis would kill me if I let others see them!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to admit I was wondering about the appropriate season for this too, and didn't think I would have success in checking out the gardening sites....