Thread: What about having a........

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What about having a........

Draw-a-Thon? I don't think we've had one in a long time or did I just miss it?
    Or is it that no one is interested in a Draw-a-Thon?

If there would be enough interested how does the first weekend in April sound?
    Also I would like to do it like we used to on the old site.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi my friend..just so you know there is currently a poll running in art discussions about another Stamp a thon...and the weekend of 3rd-5th of April currently looks like being our next SAT weekend... not sure if it's a good idea to have 2 on one weekend,,
    Lorraine

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    another draw a thon would be cool but hopefully on anthother weekend

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to play in a draw-a-thon!
    Let's trade inchies!! Or I'll trade you ATCs for inchies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chardonnay1965 View Post
    Hi my friend..just so you know there is currently a poll running in art discussions about another Stamp a thon...and the weekend of 3rd-5th of April currently looks like being our next SAT weekend... not sure if it's a good idea to have 2 on one weekend,,
    Lorraine
    Oh, thanks for the heads up.
    That was just a date I threw out there. Here's another, what about the weekend of the 24th? The main thing is I don't want to host it if there would only be a handful of people. So ask around and see who would be interested.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So... you mention doing the draw a thon like the other site... can you explain how it was held? I did not participate in a DAT on the OS.
    Last edited by HHC; 03-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we'll have to forget about a Draw-a-thon in April.

HHC, the way we did it there was we created Thur., Fri., and Sat. We did not ask for a trade until Sun. We did not have pending trades. You traded with the first person that asked for a card. So if Joe and Mike PM'd me and asked for the same card. The first one that PM'd me would get it weather I really liked any of his cards or not. I was more the fun of the trade. It was a mara-thon to see who ask first for a card (although you didn't know what order you PM'd them, I think everyone was honest about it). That was the 'Thon' part. The trading and it was so much fun. It was frantic exciting.
    I remember one time when I was PMing people one Sun. and I was getting PM'd my husband asked me to let the dog out (because I was by the back door) and I said,"I Can't! I Can't leave the computer!" He thought I was nuts! But is was a lot of fun and everyone got a lot of cards.
    The way we do it here the 'Thon' is in making the cards and we trade slowly waiting for others to get back to us. The old way the 'Thon' was in making the cards and in the trading.
    I'm not saying one ways better than the other but I am saying the old way was more fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might not play if there are going to be those rules about trading -- I think I'd get confused on whether I PM'd someone first or if someone else PM'd me before I PM'd another person.
    Let's trade inchies!! Or I'll trade you ATCs for inchies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the clarification. So if can play on Friday & Saturday and not Sunday I'll miss out on all the trades.
    I think you might lose a lot of folks who only have short periods of time to play in an a-thon if you do the trades like that. And I firmly believe that you have a choice who you trade with, regardless of order of pm. Even though I usually trade with the first person who asks. JMO.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These reasons that you two have listed are probably why it was changed. Oh, I tried. I was very hectic but so much fun. You would be laughing at yourself at how frantic you would be and when you ran out of cards you would sit back and take a deep breath.

katieV, you would have to be organized before you started. Have envelopes at your computer so when you made a trade you wrote there user name on a one and put there card inside, then made sure you marked it traded in your gallery. Sometimes when someone would ask for a trade you just told them give me any card you have available. It was kind of a race to see if you could get rid of all your cards.
    You really had to try it that way to really know if you'd like it or not.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be interested in playing- don't have much time most weekends, but it's worth a go an interesting way of doing it and encouraging me to use my free time at work better by sitting and drawing

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like fun.
    Please post a link here when/if you decide to start one.

Thanks for hosting!
    Join us with American-style haiku? Three threads now ...
    Ku Challenge: Cats and Ku Challenge: Following On and Ku thread for fun...
    My new art is at: gotouring.com/art.

adoonaisoul is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to do a drawathon, that would be fabulous, i could make way more cards than i do in CAT, I have endless pens supply and not much paper scraps, oh what a great idea

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I don't like the ideas of waiting till Sunday, or trading to people being required by who asked you first. I usually trade to the first person who asks, but on occassion I have held cards pending because I owed others trades for cards I had asked for. What if I asked someone else for a card and maybe they want the one you HAVE to trade to the person who asked first. Not good ... also I type slow and if all the trading is done all at one time I ill probably alway be to slow to get in a trades I want.

So I'm Not interested in just trading on Sunday but I am interested in a Draw-a-thon.
    These are all links if you click them...
    ~ JOURNAL CHAT(and scrapbook) ~
    Hosting ~ Oriental ATC SWAP ~ Due April 24
    MY AVAILABLES ATCs I may also have available ATCoins
    looking for unaltered Q of hearts playing cards