Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon: The GREAT GAT--Goodie-a-thon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Coming soon: The GREAT GAT--Goodie-a-thon

Hey all!

Dates: April 17, 18, 19
    I am going to host an a-thon--for art supplies! It will be a goodie-a-thon!

It will work much like a CAT or SAT...where we set a date (coming soon!) for a weekend--then everyone posts what they have that they would like to trade. Others can see what is for trade, send a PM--and offer something in exchange!

Papers, backgrounds, fibers, embellishments, ribbon, special papers, text pages, images, cancelled postage stamps, rubber stamped images,....the list is as endless your imagination!

Things can be pictured and offered in sets...or individually. It will be up to the traders to determine a fair trade!

More details will be coming soon!

ANYONE INTERESTED IN PLAYING???
    Last edited by Tamrantula; 03-21-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Christina Guest

Thumbs up Awesome Idea for an "a-thon":)

Can totally see this be a wild free-for-all trading extravaganza Brillant idea! One suggestion would be to offer a Goodie a thon for paper, another for stamps, etc. That way people who wanted to play could prepare and have photos in their galleries and upload them on the specific days. For example: On Friday_ do all paper, on sat: embellishments, etc. Or could do one whole wkend for paper and embellishments, another 'trade wkend' for stamps etc. Just a few suggestions to smooth out the idea if you think it would help. Thanks for listening, Christina

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Can totally see this be a wild free-for-all trading extravaganza Brillant idea! One suggestion would be to offer a Goodie a thon for paper, another for stamps, etc. That way people who wanted to play could prepare and have photos in their galleries and upload them on the specific days. For example: On Friday_ do all paper, on sat: embellishments, etc. Or could do one whole wkend for paper and embellishments, another 'trade wkend' for stamps etc. Just a few suggestions to smooth out the idea if you think it would help. Thanks for listening, Christina
    Great ideas, Christinia!

I know, with my schedule....I can only do one weekend for now...and I think the first one will be pretty small....but, things can always evolve in the future!

I really like the idea of different mediums featured on different days of the GAT! I think it would work like any other a-thon, tho, where you have a theme...but, other things can be traded too. In case there are those who can only pop in on the one day.

This will be a test weekend! LOL--to get an idea of what works, and what doesn't work!

Thanks so much for your input! I will definately create themes for the days!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Tamrantula For me this sounds both fun and scary. I just tried to link a couple of pages of images I made for myself from my printshop and I can't even figure that out. Funny to because in the CAT most people link from their computers and have trouble doing it from the gallery, Guess I'm just the screwball opposit.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 03-16-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    These are all links if you click them...
    ~ JOURNAL CHAT(and scrapbook) ~
    Hosting ~ Oriental ATC SWAP ~ Due April 24
    MY AVAILABLES ATCs I may also have available ATCoins
    looking for unaltered Q of hearts playing cards

phinnyart Guest
    Sounds like a lot of fun and I have plenty of stuff to trade. (*cough* *cough* understatement of the year! lol)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phinnyart View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun and I have plenty of stuff to trade. (*cough* *cough* understatement of the year! lol)

Boy--can I relate to that! LOL

Debra1217 Guest
    This sounds great! I have quite a bit that i would be willing to trade for something that I need!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    great idea!

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea - I'm so bad about hoarding but I'm sure I have stuff that I could trade.

Christina Guest

Sounds good..can't wait to get the details:)

What were you thinking for themes?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't limit the the theme/subject items to one day only as some of us may have to work and not get on the day we have that item....boy I can hardly wait for this one, but then, I need to start sorting out now....hope you will pm those of us who have expressed our interest....
    Thanks HHC for co-hosting VALENTINE-A-TART 2012

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Good Idea, grammy quilter--I will send out PMs to any who seem interested!

I had thought about the problem with not everyone being available every day of the GAT--and liminting people by adding a theme.

Hmmm.....how to make everyone happy? LOL

Maybe I will have a "suggestion" for a daily theme...like Friday for papers and Saturday for embellishments....but, it wouldn't be LIMITED to that. Or, maybe there will be too many themes to do that...hmmmm.... Also, that might limit the "sets" people might want to make up...like a paper, some fiber and some images all in one trade.

Since this is the first one--it will be a learning experience!

I am waiting to hear dates for the next SAT--so, I don't set a conflicting date for this.
    I think I am going to do this soon--not too much needed in prep time...so maybe 3 or 4 weeks from now, hopefully. Of course...that is just a general statement at this time. As soon as I get a little more information, then I can get a date set!

Thanks to all who have expressed interest! I think this will be a fun time!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This could be fun. Would love to paint soem backgrounds and see what else I have.

hayward_cs is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like fun. I am sure I can come up with SOMETHING to trade LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a lot of fun! *subscribed to the thread*

Should art tools and toys be included in this? What about chunky stuff? How big will/should the mailer (envelope, bubble mailer, box) be?
    What?
    My Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point--I think it will be up to the traders. Someone might want a trade just for one piece of mulberry paper...while another person might set up a trade for 6 sheets of paper, 6 ATC blanks, 10 ATC sleeves, 2 lengths of fibers, and a baggie of a bit of embossing powder--for example.

I am not going to limit size/shape of trades--it will be between the two traders! Also, it might be that one person has an expensive type of paper that the other would like...and they agree in trade that they would send multiple, less expensive items to make an equitable trade. That is all between the traders! Whatever they AGREE on! Chuncky stuff is great--if that is what the traders want!

I have to think a bit on the "art tools or toys." Because this is the first, I don't want it to get toooooo complicated! But, since the trades are between two participants....it may be feasible.

I don't want to be the policeman--to be sure the trades are fair. That will all be between the traders to agree upon!

I am looking forward to trading for some new types of supplies that I have never tried before--without having to go buy a bunch! Just a bit to experiment with!

Thanks to all who have expressed interest! I think this GAT is going to work!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like fun..

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    this sounds fun - we all have supplies that we know we won't use, and I'd be glad to see things go to a good home (instead of lurking at the back of a drawer).
    Taking a break....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok--just an update...looks like the SAT date will be decided soon...poll ends tomorrow.

Once that date is set...I will set a date for this!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i don't have a great deal of stuff but sure i must have something to trade.
    This sounds like fun & too good to miss so count me in. x