Swap Due Date - Feb 14th
Signup/withdraw date - Feb 10th
Number of Cards - 3/3 OR 6/6
Number of participants -limit 30

The Lovely Frida Kahlo Swap
This swap is for
deliciously lovely drawings, complicated collages, layered mixed media work
featuring Frida!

Her husband was a jerk, her art was sometimes strange and shocking, but her struggles and talent are undeniable. Each card should feature Frida herself, lovely, strong, and delightfully unibrowed! You may draw YOUR interpretation of her, but please make sure the likeness to Frida is obvious. Electablue and Shirl do a great job of this!

Some Examples of GREAT cards in my collection:
1208377525_e3d89088eb.jpg
1208372399_356215edcc.jpg

Read the info in RED in this thread, it's MOST important.

If you use PRINTED (rubber stamped, magazine images, photos, copied material, please make sure it is UNDENIABLY altered by the the time you are done! Gesso and re-color (see my above examples: cards 4, 5, & 6), use machine stitching, etc. Cards should all look handmade, not a copy of something you printed off the internet. :)

CARD INFO:
--Swap 3 cards for 3 in return, or you may send 2 sets. (6 cards)
--Cards are welcome in ANY medium! Fabric, papers, paints, go for it! (No digital ONLY or copies please. Each card needs unique hand-added-additions.
--Limit embellishments to THIN only, please. Nothing too bulky or heavy. Please add one LOOSE 17 cent stamp PER embellished or thick card sent.
--Put your USERNAME on the backs of your cards
(to make sure the other artist's know whose work they received and so I don't give you your OWN cards back!)
--Please put clear plastic sleeves on your cards!

PARTICIPANT INFO:
--Swap limited to 30 total participants
--Post in the Thread to sign up!
--Post in the thread with any questions.

SENDING INFO:
--Cards DUE to me on February 14th
--US players Send a SASE (Self Addressed, STAMPED envelope) please, with 41 cents (at least) on the envie, please. I will put my return address label on your return envelope. If you send ANY embellished (heavy) or thick cards, send extra loose stamps to help cover the postage for your cards to be sent to others, please.
--ALSO, each U.S. particpant is requested to send (at least) one Loose stamp (41 cents or more) to help cover international returns. This is a swap method I am employ, in order not to limit international players.
--International participants, send a self-addressed envelope (or self-stick label) and I will cover postage. An extra ATC or some lovely cancelled intl. postage stamps or ATC blanks, is welcomed, but not required. PLEASE send US postage instead if you have it!
--Do not send your cards in bubble envelopes unless you are sure that you have sufficient postage on it to cover the new increase.
--Put your USERNAME on your return envelope please! (on the back is fine)
--I will post your feedback upon recieving your cards.
--Also, I will plan to mail ALL cards on time, by February 18th, 2008. Period. This swap is 6 weeks out, so I won't hold it.

Participants: Red=Sent Blue=received #=cards sent
1) OriginalYouth
2) SeekingforArt
3) flowergurl4eva
4) mynameisjenn
5) Shirl
6) Schonafrye withdrawn
7) Loralou withdrawn
8) Deadroses withdrawn
9) Dadaology
10) Andreananda
11) Coffeelatte
12) MBoyd
13) Electablue
14) mrs_weyremaster withdrawn
15) fuzzynoodle
16) Margot
17) Debbie914
18) Blueskillet withdrawn
19) Ripley42369
20) Artspirit MIA ? ? ? no card rcvd by host
21) Marla412
22) kimaoverstreet
23) Artzylady
24) Akua
25) Rkolig

Last edited:
Update! Last set is in. I'll get these swapped out and in the mail to you guys by Monday at the latest.

If anyone KNOWS I didn't leave feedback for them at the OS, please let me know and I'll do it here. I don't have a written record.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom