Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Pack & Mail your Cards for Swaps

Debra1217 Guest
    This information was really helpful!! Thank you from a very new newbie!! LOL!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post! Thanks for all the info.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine little bags are fine... as long as it is protective and transparent, that's what's important. But try a hobby store where they sell pokemon cards and stuff for kids (also models to paint and that kind of thing). That's where I found mine.

BlueEclipse is offline ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )... cheers
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seaside Rose - I get my sleeves for atcs at toys r u. They have them with all the sports cards. I think the brand is UltraPro or something... also, back in high school I used to play a trading card game and you could find these sometimes at comic book stores or sport card shops.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    seaside rose, your plastic wrap idea is a good one! i might have to try it!
    I updated my available ATCs on January 9th . . . if I'm slow to respond, it's nothing personal. I'm always willing to trade!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Postage is up to 44 cents now (as of May 11, 2009) ^_^

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's true! Thanks!

For a more in depth article about these issues, read the current ART TRADER MAG article by Shelli Heinamann!
    facebook | youtube | etsy | flickr | wists | OYart | twitter | ***new blog!*** Artful Mayhem Studio - my NEW real life public creative arts center!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make flat cards (drawing/painting/paper collage mostly so my cards are flat and that is the best way to save on postage imo. I send 4 cards for .61 and 6-8 for $.98. I don't worry about delivery confirmation myself.

There's a lot of packing methods mentioned in this thread, but I store my cards in a 9-pocket page and then fold it so it's flat. It fits perfectly in a business length envelope. That way I don't have to mess around with tape.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are great tips, a good way to go Kristin.
    facebook | youtube | etsy | flickr | wists | OYart | twitter | ***new blog!*** Artful Mayhem Studio - my NEW real life public creative arts center!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to let you know that as a Newbie this was one of the most helpful threads I came across and even though I've done several personal swaps and several organized swaps now I still use it as a reference to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

Thanks for taking the time to post all this info.
    Dena

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    EVERYtime it's helpful to one person, it's worth it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this posting about mailing ATCs it is awesome and so informative. Now that I have mailed several swaps and personal trades I accidently came across an idea I hope someone else finds helpful. *If I am doing a private trade 1/1 or 2/2 I always write a little thank you to the other trader and now I tape my card or cards (in their protective sleeves) on the inside of the card on the flap I have not written on (top or side depending on the card) it protects the card and - the trick - I use painters tape. It stays when you need it to and comes off clean without tearing up the plastic sleeves. I also have used it for larger swaps that I tape the cards together.
    I think it works great.

craftyjewels Guest
    Thanks for posting that as a newbie and swapped atc on other groups host each have their own way of doing things

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually send atc's in a three piece bit cut off a sheet of nine but this doesn't work well if you want to send four. And it makes extra work if someone has to pull them out and slot them into single sleeves.

tlsexton0913 is offline Do what you love and love what you do
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this very helpful information. Being new to the ATC trading this comes in handy, as I didn't know some of this.

tlsexton0913 is offline Do what you love and love what you do
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was such a helpful hint! Now I know what to do with all those pocket pages I have. Do you cut them down when only sending like 3 cards?

Quote Originally Posted by kristinized View Post
    I make flat cards (drawing/painting/paper collage mostly so my cards are flat and that is the best way to save on postage imo. I send 4 cards for .61 and 6-8 for $.98. I don't worry about delivery confirmation myself.

There's a lot of packing methods mentioned in this thread, but I store my cards in a 9-pocket page and then fold it so it's flat. It fits perfectly in a business length envelope. That way I don't have to mess around with tape.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do cut the pages into thirds, but I've seen them folded too. Whatever works I guess!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always used scotch tape to tape the cards together. I always fold over one end of the pc of tape to make a little tab to get ahold of the tape to remove it easily without damaging the sleeve. I've never had any complaints using this method.
    I also use greeting cards for stiffeners in the envelopes trades are sent in. The ATCs are taped to the inside of the greeting card, extras are put inside the greeting card and a note written on the inside of the greeting card. If you trade with me, you are likely to get a halloween card at christmas or a christmas card in july or a get well card when you feel absolutely fine! I don't pay attention to what the greeting card is for, I pay attention to whether the trade will fit comfortably in the greeting card.
    I've never been charged more than a first class stamp for a greeting card with up to 4 ATCs and a few extras in it. Most of my cards are flat, without embellishments to add extra thickness or weight to an envelope. Those that do have embellishments, I pay the extra for.
    Greeting cards can be had for a song at the thrift store. I buy them ten at a time for 50 cents. I've also found them at yard sales in the free box on many occasions!
    Your tutorial on packing and mailing is quite helpful, OY!
    Make some art, then make some more.

[http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...or-Weirdy-Mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    To those of you sending out in a regular business sized envelope - how are you including the SASE? just cramming it in there? im trying this method as i type and it aint pretty. as if it weren't obvious, this is for my first swap.