HOW TO: Pack & Mail your Cards for Swaps

I have a question on the postage am I suppose to pay for my postage for my self and there's too?

yes, the postage you send to a host is to cover the cost of her sending the cards back to you. in one on one trades you don’t send postage.

I have a question about SASEs. How does everyone fold them to keep them from being so bulky?

I don't have a great answer for you here; I think the tri-fold is usually what I see regarding envelopes. You can try and run the flat end of a knife over the crease and I do think having a strip of cardboard helps to give the envelope some form, which can help a little with the bulkiness. The cardboard strip can also be reused by the host when they send cards back to you.

Hope that helps.

I don't have a great answer for you here; I think the tri-fold is usually what I see regarding envelopes. You can try and run the flat end of a knife over the crease and I do think having a strip of cardboard helps to give the envelope some form, which can help a little with the bulkiness. The cardboard strip can also be reused by the host when they send cards back to you.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I'm new to this. I've been using the trifold and didn't know if there was a better way. I didn't see this post before I submitted my first two mailings, so didn't know about the cardboard strip thing, I'll do that next time!

@Tess I use business sized envelopes for the SASE, and usually mail cards to the host in 4 x 6 or 5x7 envelopes. I can fold the business sized envelope in half to fit, which then also acts as additional protection for the cards. Depending on how thick I made the cards, I sometimes have to add additional postage but I'm okay with that. :)

Back
Top Bottom