Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN: Artist Choice of Media CJ Group Forming! Full!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

OPEN: Artist Choice of Media CJ Group Forming! Full!

Artist Choice of Media CJ GroupForming! Open for sign-ups !
    ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT !!

Any chosen theme – BUT PAGE SIZE IS 4 (w) X 8 ( L) ---- AS IF YOU PUT TWO 4X4 PAGES TOGETHER SIDEWAYS I just thought it would be really neat to have a book that is this particular shape/size. You will leave about a 1 inch gap inward on the left hand side to allow for binding. Make the pages chunky is allowed by adding fibre, ribbon etc on all sides apart from the left ( because this is the side used to bind complete book once pages have been collected)

I would like 5 players to come join me in an open media circle journal group. As there are only a few open groups at the moment I thought I would open a new one.

International welcome!

I would like player to have a minimum of 15 i-trader points and 100%. This may seem harsh but a circle journal group requires a serious commitment of 5 months, and we need to be sure that none of the players flake.
    You will be making a two page spread (artist choice) equivalent to size 4x8 each month and mailing it to the person you are assigned to. Please put time and effort into these pages.
    The group is limited to 6 participants. Once I have my 5 players we can decide on what we will be called, we can get a new thread open and begin on this wonderful journal.

When you sign up please can you let us know what theme you want your pages to be. Please think of the theme that you would like .
    Please also list preferences as to media and which medias you don't want (leaving a fairly open choice of media for others).

When you join a circle journal group, please remember that you are signing up for a long haul swap. You have to be prepared to complete your pages and post them to your monthly partner in good time. Please do not sign up if you do not have the time to dedicate to this. It should be a fun thing not something that will cause stress !!
    When finished with each month's pages please post pics to the thread (if you have a camera or scanner).

I must emphasize that all players pm me their name, address and contact email and phone number.

I do hope that some of you will wish to join me - Who's IN ?

1: Me - Acacia.rose - Theme LONDON. I was born and raised in England london and suffolk being places I know well and where I have family. I am now living in the USA with my husband and his job in the usaf and I would like to be reminded of home. Your interpretation goes of this theme. Maybe you like big ben, london eye, buckingham palace, the red phone boxes, or the guards that stand outside buckingham palace, maybe its the shopping found in london. hand drawn, mixed media , painted whatever your preference. Show me what london is/looks like from your view !!

2: Knesi07 - Theme beautiful birds. since spring has arrived and i'm seeing little bits of life outdoors again, i thought this would be an inspirational theme. the birds can be represented as found in nature, whimsical, image transfer, hand drawn, mixed media, bright and colorful or monochromatic ...whatever your preference. i also like either one word to go with, or a quote about birds, nature, spring, rebirth....

3: Gee- Completely Colorful LOVE. I would like to get hand-painted or hand-drawn pages. Love: where do you feel it, how do you feel it, what are the signs of it? I would like to have some words on it, short poem is ok. It can be all abstract - colors and lines showing the expression of love. It can be a doggy being loved - expressions of love are everywhere - look around, feel... Life is about loving and being loved, isn't it?

4: Jonquil - the themes already are fabulous. I would like my theme to be Vintage Children - cute, serious, portraits, with wings - whatever takes your fancy. Collage, mixed media, fabric whatever takes your fancy and inspires you

5: - adoonaisoul - Gothic, with reds ands greens, Lace , velvet, chains, stripes, it can be anything, fairys poems, goth punk raver girls, classica gothic architecutre, tattoed people, crazy hair,rennaisance with an edge, but it can be super girly with just dark colors too, love wings and nude! open medium

6: eggstudio - waiting on theme?
    Last edited by Rain Pebble; 04-08-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Turquoise Guest
    I would be interested, but would I be allowed to join since I am already in another group?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm interested...one question...we are sending only one page (4x8) artwork on both sides to the person, correct...not an actual journal?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    its art work 4x8 on one side and then on the back will be your details.
    Because 4 x8 is the equavilent of doing 2 4x4 size pages anyway.
    Not an actual journal just 1 page at a time. for 5 months you would send to someone different each month. We will mail our 2 page spread to each individual directly, like a pick a theme swap. I'll probably do mail dates every 4 weeks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think i read somewhere : Limited sign ups for first time participants. Individuals new to circle journals at atcsforall can only sign up for one journal group initially.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024
    circle journal guidelines are here. please read before signing up.

Thanks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    good info. thanks.
    sign me up please. my theme will be beautiful birds. since spring has arrived and i'm seeing little bits of life outdoors again, i thought this would be an inspirational theme. the birds can be represented as found in nature, whimsical, image transfer, hand drawn, mixed media, bright and colorful or monochromatic ...whatever your preference. i also like either one word to go with, or a quote about birds, nature, spring, rebirth....

Turquoise Guest
    Hi
    aw poop! Oh well, never mind maybe next time
    Last edited by Turquoise; 03-30-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turquoise are you new to circle journals ?
    Why dont you check with a mod of atcs for all
    if you have any questions. i think the joining one only applies to newbies to circle journals

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the three swaps you've already participated in in order to join a Circle Journal have to be card swaps or are supply swaps okay? I have a couple of cards swaps that I should be getting iTraders for in the next week or two, but I'm afraid that the group will fill up before they show up on my profile.
    Last edited by GoldenWolf; 03-30-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    - You must have a trader rating of +15 minimum and be an active member on the site. These swaps requires a long-term commitment and we do not want to lose anyone's pages due them. No exceptions.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because these are treated the same as Pick-A-Themes (PAT) each person that completes a spread is entitled to a TRADER RATING. Likewise, if a person does not fulfill their obligation to their partner a Negative Rating is posted if one partner sends and is received, but never received a spread from their partner.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the guidelines are saying you can be in two circle journals at a time, unless I'm misreading? Goldenwolf, you have four ratings from hosts, so I would think that fufills the three swaps requirement Plus you're over 15 itrader...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone else want to jump in on the fun ?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    turquoise if you are not new to circle journals you can be in up to 3 i think it is.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like fun! I have never done journals and would not have problem with the commitment, but what I am worried is the themes. But like with ATCs, I've done surprising themes that first I thought I would not be able to make, but then I was impressed with my work. I have time on hands for art. Let me think for a little bit.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am lurking and checking out the themes first!!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gee and pippin thats ok. if you decide to join please let me know. Id love to get the spots filled up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far it's just you and me, acacia...i have an idea for your theme already! i'm going to get started w/it as soon as i get back from vacation, maybe by then the spots will have filled up!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lurking - I've just started getting into journals, but I don't have a high enough iTrader yet. That should change soon - if you haven't filled up when it does, I'll be back.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have never done a journal before and think it might be something fun to do. Is the back decorated also , likea chunky book page?
    ANg