Signup /Withdraw date -
Swap Due Date - March 25th
Number of Cards - 3 for 3; 6 for 6
Number of participants - 30

This swap is for
exploring art from a darker side.

This theme developed from a recent discussion on "trends in the art world"
talking about art that was raw, gritty, and full of emotion.​

In a recent thread on Art Trends at the site formerly known as ATcards, Altermyworld wrote this:

"I think sometimes we are so busy making something pretty that we forget the raw part of art. I tell some of my art friends who are going through rough times, depression, loss etc that its ok to make art that is not pretty. Some of the most awesome art comes from real thoughts and feelings....More art created in those dark times, i feel i am so busy making pretty art the raw ravage part of me is ignored and i struggle with arting the stuff thats not so pretty. I would like to see more art about the areas in peoples lives that are more personal and maybe that is why it is not seen because it is so personal. Its difficult enough at times to put stuff out there."

Just like the confessional poets, this art puts it all out there. I think about my own work, and I can think of several pieces that I would consider to have this flavor, although none I've shared here.

For this swap, along with the art, you are welcome, although not required, to send a bit of information on the meaning of the piece. In what context was it created? What feelings expressed? Etc.

Swap Details/rules:

1) ALL Participants - please write your real name and userId on the back of all of your cards. Please mail cards in plastic protectors (the flimsy kind is fine).

2) US participants: send a SASE. Please write your userID on the back of your envelope. If you plan on sending a bubble envelope or large envelope instead of a regular-sized envelope, note that shipping rates have changed and you should probably have $1 of postage or so on it.

3) International participants: Please send me an address label. I would appreciate an extra card or some country-specific stamps/empherma since I will be covering your return postage (a little under $1 USD per envelope at our new rates) but this is not necessary. I will have to limit international participants to 20 members b/c of shipping costs.

4) All cards are due IN MY HANDS March 25th. I am going to a conference on April 1st and plan on having these mailed out before I go. Returns will be mailed promptly after the deadline and late cards will be returned to you or, if I have enough, swapped with other late cards. We have lots of time to complete this swap, so please be on time.

5) You are welcome to send one or two sets of cards. If you are sending an extra set of cards, please send extra stamps to cover the increased shipping (58 cents instead of 41 cents).

6) Please PM me for my address when you are ready to ship . I leave feedback for all cards right before I swap them.

Participants

-1) Adriayna - Checked in!
-2) howlmoony

-3) Kynara
4) blueskysunburn - here!
-5) rothko- checked in!
-6) scrampersue
-7) Ilah Barnes - here!
-8) Corrie04 - checked in !
-9) Crisbear - checked in!
-10) Artzylady-
-11) Wudwooda
-12) Dina54- checked in
-13) Altermyworld (international) - checked in!
14) Yinepup
-15) Luvloz (tenative; international)- checked in!
16) Mommafreebear
17) Artspirit
18) Kimberly Fish
19) Insanebrainpain
-20) bijaydi - checked in
-21) Terryart
-22) Amyfaerie
WITHDREW
-24) ratmom-checked in!
25) stacirobyn
-26) isisjean
-27) missmegm
-28) belaymonkey-checked in!

-29) art4mysanity-checked in!
30) joyflower - WITHDREW
-31) eggstudio checked in!
-32) Cmarois (international)-checked in!
-33) Skeletoncrumbs

Last edited:
My cards were in the mail this morning. I have posted 3 of the 4 cards I sent in my gallery. Apparently I didn't scan the 4th card. :unsure:It's been a bit crazy this week.... Keep one for a hostess gift.

I'm here! And a message just popped up that this post needs to be longer than ten characters, so there ya go.

Last edited:
Joyflower, some hosts might not have had a chance to repost them yet; but don't worry, they are around somewhere and will be posted soon!

Hi Dana and everyone! Dana, I sent my cards to you early last week so they should have arrived by now but the list isn't showing that so now I'm worried.

I'm here! Trying to get my profile set up again and find my way around....

Hi Dana and everyone! Dana, I sent my cards to you early last week so they should have arrived by now but the list isn't showing that so now I'm worried.

Yes, they are here; I just haven't had time to update the list b/c I have been putting a website together :P

Busy is an understatement for sure -- I still cannot believe that you guys did all of this in such a short time--again, a world of thanks. Without you guys, I'd still be creating hoards of ATC's that would be sent nowhere, shared with no one and I wouldn't get to enjoy other people's work up close and personal, nor would I be part of a special community of talented and friendly folks.:notworthy:

well, art4mysanity, I think your name says it all. We worked hard because art is very meaningful (and I too would agree, for my sanity!)

Back
Top Bottom