Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Altered Book Group (from MAW)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am ready to send on Crftyscrapper's book. I sent you a PM for your addy Electablue. Thanks
    Ive rejoined the land of the living........ ;-)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent it to you, lildebi. I am glad to hear that your grandfather is doing better.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lildebi, its in the front page.

I am holding onto tracie's book until Craftyscrapper comes online and checks in.
    Tarot of Trees - 78 Card Whimsical Tree Tarot Deck - available to purchase!
    ArtTrader Magazine: Free mail art magazine featuring galleries, interviews, articles, and more. Check it out!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adriayna, I will check out the front page.

I just mailed Crftyscrapper's book off to Electablue. I am staying at my parents in SC for a while, so before you mail to me send me a PM or call me.
    Ive rejoined the land of the living........ ;-)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received Craftyscrapper's book today from Lildebi. It looks great so far!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed Craftyscrapper's book today. I mailed it media mail for around 2.75, but if I had mailed it parcel post it would have been around 7.75 and priority was 7.82??? She said the rates had gone way up, but that just seemed crazy. The flat rate priority envelope would be cheaper.

Has anyone else run into this?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all I'm just checking in.
    “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan.
    Join the Oracle MMH thread!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent Craftyscrpper's book to Egg Studio almost 2 weeks ago, so I hope she got it by now.

I talked to Craftyscrpper at AFA last week and she had given Dana Surrealism's and Dana's books. I didn't get a chance to ask Dana about it, but we were hoping that Purple might get to work in Surrealism's book whle she was visiting Dana since it had feathers in it and usually such things can't be sent to Australia.

The two books I saw were absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to work on them myself!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone - yes, craftyscrapper gave me the two books. I didn't get a chance to have tracie work in it--maybe we can give her the dimensions of Surrealism's book with the feathers and ask her to send in artwork that can be glued in or something.

I will be sending out the books this week!
    ArtTrader Magazine: Free mail art magazine featuring galleries, interviews, articles, and more. Check it out!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suspected she wouldn't have time when she was here.

Egg, did Craftscrpper's book never arrive?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had such great artistic plans while I was in the US but they all went to the crapper! I barely got any art done.
    So as soon as I get back into gear ( jetlag has screwed with my sleeping!) the two books I have are my priority!

With the feathers, are the real or died ones? Cox died is ok to mail to Aus.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surreallism - HOLD THAT BOOK! LOL. I am moving and I really don't want to get it lost. Can you hold it and mail to my new address? You can mail it to me on the 15th. I'm not going to be ready to work on it till later this month anyways

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id say not to write anything on the package to me about the feathers, coz theyd open it to look. Just write its an 'art book' and thats it. If they were real feathers the dogs would detect them, so if theyre not then they wont and it will all be good.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tracie, I dunno. I don't know if we want to risk it. I think we should leave it up to surrealism.

Surrealism - it should be fine, lol. I still have two weeks before I move. We haven't heard from lildebi in a while, so I am going to hold off mailing till I know she is back and the family stuff she is done with is over.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey~ I'm so sorry I've been absent. I got the book. It's safe, got carried away and started on it without letting anyone know I had it. My bad. I'll go smack my knuckles with a ruler now.
    “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan.
    Join the Oracle MMH thread!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Egg, I am glad it showed up! I was getting a little worried, but figured that you were just busy. Kudos to you for the smacking yourself so we don't have to do it. I don't like having to be tough on people.

Personally, I don't think I would want to send anything to Australia that might be the least bit suspicious and risk having it confiscated.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the doggies are trained to smell animals (birds, lizards etc) as they are often sent into Aus via mail. So if they picked up a scent of a bird.......

But being craft shop feathers they would have to have been treated for commercial sale, so they will be fine. Ive had them sent to me before.

If they were feathers off of the ground, I would say NO dont send them to me.

But its up to you Surrealsm. Im not entirely sure what they would do if they were real ground found feathers.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know......me soooo BAD! The kids are on school holidays, so Im just not getting any art time. But I WILL get one book done this weekend....... Ill go and write it on the noteboard on the fridge so I remember!!!!

(My mum has moved in, so I lost my art room....so all my stuff is everywhere! ARGHHH.... and not having my space crushes my muse.)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surrealism, I have the book! I will be passing on all of these once I move.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woohooo! I finally finished Eggstudio's book! YAY.....and have actually started on lildebi's! WOOT!!!!

Here is a link to my gallery where Egg's pages are - http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...ex.php?n=89604

Hope theyre not tooooo dark for you, Eggs.

Surrealsm - will be posting the book to you tomorrow....